Sponsored

Remote start questiion

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red
I recently picked up a 2016 Premium GT with the auto trans and 401A package. It does not have the enhanced security package.

My key fob looks like the one for my 2015 F150 that has remote start (has the 2x button between the lock/unlock at the top and the trunk button below). For my F150 I press the lock button once followed by the remote start button twice.

Of course this currently does nothing on my Mustang but I'd like to see if the OEM remote start can be installed. Was this originally a standalone option on the 2016 GT Premium or was it part of an option package?

Has anyone installed the OEM remote start after the fact and, if so, do you know what part number(s) I'd need?

Thanks.
Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
your car came stock with factory remote start.... the remote start will not work if :

Check engine light is on.
Hood is open.

check in the IPC under vehicle and make sure the remote start menu is there.

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red
your car came stock with factory remote start.... the remote start will not work if :

Check engine light is on.
Hood is open.

check in the IPC under vehicle and make sure the remote start menu is there.
Well I'll be darned, you're right. I think I have an issue with the hood latch. I opened and closed the hood a few times and then the remote start worked.

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Try adjusting the bumpers at the front of the engine bay. Maybe they are too high and not allowing the hood to close all the way.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Try adjusting the bumpers at the front of the engine bay. Maybe they are too high and not allowing the hood to close all the way.
huh? the issue is the hood switch..... not fenders.... or the hood not shutting.

Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
huh? the issue is the hood switch..... not fenders.... or the hood not shutting.
The hood bumpers... the little things that adjust how low or high your hood sits.

:cheers: