RELEASED TODAY! Steeda's new lowering springs

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Looks like your build is going well. Keep up the good work bro.
Thanks. I like so far.

Cannot wait to get my wheels and tires and see how it all fits and looks on the car. Hopefully I made the right choice as it is tough to visualize things sometimes:D.

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
For those like myself that are curious about the Steeda Ultralite springs... I tried to call Steeda for information today before pulling the trigger on a set. I asked for any details they could share with regards to what differences to expect when comparing them to their other linear springs. They wouldn't share any details other than they were 20% stiffer than the PP springs and 10% lighter. They were pretty clear about not being able to release any further details or comparisons to their other springs.

I guess I'll just have to wait. Not exactly what I expected.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
What is it exactly that you need to make your choice?

Its not beholden on a manufacturer to make comparrisons to others similar based products.

You know the drop... you have an approximation of the rate... and if you had some idea of how certain manufacturer's in the spring segment differentiate themselves by engineering an item, springs in this instance, you would know that springs can be made in different manners.

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
What is it exactly that you need to make your choice?

Its not beholden on a manufacturer to make comparrisons to others similar based products.

You know the drop... you have an approximation of the rate... and if you had some idea of how certain manufacturer's in the spring segment differentiate themselves by engineering an item, springs in this instance, you would know that springs can be made in different manners.
I asked them how they compared to their own other products, not another manufacturer at all. Steeda had the one spring on the market, it was linear. Now they have multiple variations of similar spring setups. Both linear and progressive. I just asked them to differentiate them for me before I made the purchase. Most people like to do their research before purchasing parts, especially if there are multiple SKUs from the same vendor with limited published information. Seeing as I'm not one of the engineers developing these springs for Steeda, I thought I'd ask them directly. I get that you find this method of consumerism "way out there", so I'll leave you to your trolling. Thanks for being the expert and bringing useful information to the table.

Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I asked them how they compared to their own other products, not another manufacturer at all. Steeda had the one spring on the market, it was linear. Now they have multiple variations of similar spring setups. Both linear and progressive. I just asked them to differentiate them for me before I made the purchase. Most people like to do their research before purchasing parts, especially if there are multiple SKUs from the same vendor with limited published information. Seeing as I'm not one of the engineers developing these springs for Steeda, I thought I'd ask them directly. I get that you find this method of consumerism "way out there", so I'll leave you to your trolling. Thanks for being the expert and bringing useful information to the table.
Had a similar experience with Steeda regarding these Ultralite Springs. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
For those like myself that are curious about the Steeda Ultralite springs... I tried to call Steeda for information today before pulling the trigger on a set. I asked for any details they could share with regards to what differences to expect when comparing them to their other linear springs. They wouldn't share any details other than they were 20% stiffer than the PP springs and 10% lighter. They were pretty clear about not being able to release any further details or comparisons to their other springs.

I guess I'll just have to wait. Not exactly what I expected.
Hey wanted to jump in here! Always here to provide additional info wherever I can. Spring rates aren't something we just disclose, we like to keep it close to the chest because well, a lot of R&D goes into them and we'd like to keep proprietary info for internal use only. If you have the spring rates of the PP springs, you can factor in the 20% stiffness increase to get an idea as to the Steeda spring rates. Even if two manufacturers of springs claim they have the same spring rates, it's subjective because so many factors come into play - coiling technique, material used, linear/progressive/hybrid spring, weight, etc.

I do quite the research prior to making a purchase as well. Here's a quick breakdown of the Steeda springs:

Steeda Mustang Sport Springs - Linear (2015 GT/V6/EcoBoost): Original set of springs we released, linear, 1" drop all around, 20% increase in spring rate over PP springs.

Steeda Mustang Sport Springs - Progressive (2015 GT/V6/EcoBoost): Second set of springs we released, progressive, 1.125" drop in front and 1" drop out back, 10% stiffer than the PP springs at curb and provide a 40% increase in roll stiffness over the PP springs when you lean into it and the spring compresses.

Steeda Mustang Ultralite Springs - Linear (2015 GT/V6/EcoBoost): Third set of springs we released, linear, 1.125" drop in front and 1" drop out back, 20% increase in spring rate over PP springs, weighs 10% less.

Had a similar experience with Steeda regarding these Ultralite Springs. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.
Sorry to hear that, hope this info helps.

Reactions: DR_

dhardison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I do quite the research prior to making a purchase as well. Here's a quick breakdown of the Steeda springs:

Steeda Mustang Sport Springs - Linear (2015 GT/V6/EcoBoost): Original set of springs we released, linear, 1" drop all around, 20% increase in spring rate over PP springs.

Steeda Mustang Sport Springs - Progressive (2015 GT/V6/EcoBoost): Second set of springs we released, progressive, 1.125" drop in front and 1" drop out back, 10% stiffer than the PP springs at curb and provide a 40% increase in roll stiffness over the PP springs when you lean into it and the spring compresses.

Steeda Mustang Ultralite Springs - Linear (2015 GT/V6/EcoBoost): Third set of springs we released, linear, 1.125" drop in front and 1" drop out back, 20% increase in spring rate over PP springs, weighs 10% less.
David, I understand your spring offerings are meant to improve performance, handling, stance, etc., but which 'style' of your springs listed above would you say improves the overall ride characteristics?

My EB is a DD and I never see myself taking it on the track (have a dedicated race car for that :)), so reducing the 'bounciness' with the PP springs and improving the overall ride is something in which I'm interested.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
David, I understand your spring offerings are meant to improve performance, handling, stance, etc., but which 'style' of your springs listed above would you say improves the overall ride characteristics?

My EB is a DD and I never see myself taking it on the track (have a dedicated race car for that :)), so reducing the 'bounciness' with the PP springs and improving the overall ride is something in which I'm interested.
Great question, and I'm going to work on putting together a formal explanation for the site as well since I'm sure several others have the same question.

If you're DD'ing the car with little to no track use, I'd say go with the progressives without a doubt. Several customers have told us the ride quality is better than stock, and I'd have to agree. We haven't experienced any bounciness whatsoever!

So aside from the improved stance and handling characteristics when you really push the car, you'll also receive a comfortable ride quality for daily driving. :)

OP
OP
GG s550 GT

GG s550 GT

Atlanta S550 Club
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
My set of progressive springs are being installed right now. I'll let yall know a quick review after a drive.

Sponsored

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey wanted to jump in here! Always here to provide additional info wherever I can. Spring rates aren't something we just disclose, we like to keep it close to the chest because well, a lot of R&D goes into them and we'd like to keep proprietary info for internal use only. If you have the spring rates of the PP springs, you can factor in the 20% stiffness increase to get an idea as to the Steeda spring rates. Even if two manufacturers of springs claim they have the same spring rates, it's subjective because so many factors come into play - coiling technique, material used, linear/progressive/hybrid spring, weight, etc.

Sorry to hear that, hope this info helps.
David, Thanks for the additional info. Definitely answers the questions the guys on the phone weren't willing to. Placing my order now.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
David, Thanks for the additional info. Definitely answers the questions the guys on the phone weren't willing to. Placing my order now.
Awesome, glad I could help! I am here for any other questions you may have and I'll make sure your order ships out asap :)

dhardison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Great question, and I'm going to work on putting together a formal explanation for the site as well since I'm sure several others have the same question.

If you're DD'ing the car with little to no track use, I'd say go with the progressives without a doubt. Several customers have told us the ride quality is better than stock, and I'd have to agree. We haven't experienced any bounciness whatsoever!

So aside from the improved stance and handling characteristics when you really push the car, you'll also receive a comfortable ride quality for daily driving. :)
Thanks for the info David! Will the installation of the progressive spring kit necessitate camber bolts to being everything back to spec alignment-wise?

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Thanks for the info David! Will the installation of the progressive spring kit necessitate camber bolts to being everything back to spec alignment-wise?
Your alignment shop will be able to get it back within factory spec without camber bolts, no problem. Although, we are working on caster camber plates!

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
The percentage of increased stiffness is compared against PP cars....how about compared to non PP cars?
Sponsored