Sponsored

RELEASED TODAY! Steeda's new lowering springs

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
On shocks... probably slightly to be completely truthful.

one issue with lower springs is that they shorten the effective range/travel that a shock can be used. OEM shocks are designed to be used in a certain range and shortening the springs can take it to the edge of that operational area. but all these springs we are seeing from these aftermarket makers here like Steeda, are not really short enough to make a huge impact on the stock damper... I don't know what the exact travel of an OEM shock from Ford is, but for the sake of an argument that it is 5" and you remove an 1" you are effectively removing "approximately" 20% of it's range. You are doing so as a trade off for other factors such as better handling, better aesthetics and so on.

if you were to drop your car 2"-3" you are severely affecting that OEM shock and taking away a major portion of it's effective range of usage... None of these aftermarket springs are approaching that scenario because they are thoughtfully designed.
So if I were to get lowering springs when should I expect to buy new shocks? 50k miles? 100k?
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I am not following your question..?
Example .A. If I as a consumer wished to purchase a set of MSR 0958-9831 wheels in a Black Pearl PVD and the distributor can do nothing other than to state these wheels are on a National back order and has no word from the Manufacturer about a production date ..

Now with this given imformation I then call , Email and otherwise do all that I can to get a confirmed production date from say AEwheel and finally get an answer that makes sense which is a production run of these specific wheels requires a 72 piece Run with a 5 to 8 week wait for the PVD process ..

My question is the same . Do you take orders from customers and then place an order for a production run ?

In conclusion if as you state you should be getting a big shipment in of the progressive sport springs then I should be recieving an additional Email from Steeda confirming that the springs that I have ordered from your company has shipped and then I will be able to set up the install with my Brother ..
And If as I have so eloquently written here you have to wait and my order remains on back order for an extended period of time I will be asking you for a full refund at such time !

I do know what and how a brokerage is and does .

Last edited:

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Example .A. If I as a consumer wished to purchase a set of MSR 0958-9831 wheels in a Black Pearl PVD and the distributor can do nothing other than to state these wheels are on a National back order and has no word from the Manufacturer about a production date ..

Now with this given imformation I then call , Email and otherwise do all that I can to get a confirmed production date from say AEwheel and finally get an answer that makes sense which is a production run of these specific wheels requires a 72 piece Run with a 5 to 8 week wait for the PVD process ..

My question is the same . Do you take orders from customers and then place an order for a production run ?

In conclusion if as you state you should be getting a big shipment in of the progressive sport springs then I should be recieving an additional Email from Steeda confirming that the springs that I have ordered from your company has shipped and then I will be able to set up the install with my Brother ..
And If as I have so eloquently written here you have to wait and my order remains on back order for an extended period of time I will be asking you for a full refund at such time !

I do know what and how a brokerage is and does .
We are consistently stocking fast movers. We do not 'take orders from customers and then place an order for a production run' as we are always working with our purchasing department to stay as tight as possible inventory-wise. When something sells faster than we anticipated, we work as fast as we can to re-up our inventory, which is what happened here. We don't anticipate being out of springs in the foreseeable future.

When your order ships, you will receive an email with your tracking number that night.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
So if I were to get lowering springs when should I expect to buy new shocks? 50k miles? 100k?
There is no way to determine that... conditions, time, weather and more are all factors that are not consistent. But suffice to say, youshould probably be changing your shocks well before 50,000 miles anyway.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are consistently stocking fast movers. We do not 'take orders from customers and then place an order for a production run' as we are always working with our purchasing department to stay as tight as possible inventory-wise. When something sells faster than we anticipated, we work as fast as we can to re-up our inventory, which is what happened here. We don't anticipate being out of springs in the foreseeable future.

When your order ships, you will receive an email with your tracking number that night.
There in lies the key to a successful company . Demand !
I thank you Sir for your prompt reply .:cheers:

Sponsored

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
There is no way to determine that... conditions, time, weather and more are all factors that are not consistent. But suffice to say, youshould probably be changing your shocks well before 50,000 miles anyway.
I guess I am new to performance cars. My Honda has 230k miles and the shocks have never been changed.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Steeda recieved it's shipment of progressive sport springs as of date ?
Sponsored