Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
FR3Z-6B850-B is the correct number, in addition the recall specifies a hardware number w719180 s300

This is pretty in depth procedure. It specifies removing the front splitter, both outer splitter clipss, some of the retainers for the left fender liner, and removal and reinstallation of the underbody shield. I am going to seriously consider doing this myself.
Sponsored

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
OK just called dealer here in Laval, Canada. First I called parts to see if new hose was available. He looked at the PN and said he could order it for me. Then he transferd me to service to organize appointment.... then it got sad...

The service guy was not even aware of a recall on the GT350. I gave him the recall number and he found it. Then he looked up the system and they have no info on fix for this recall. So he cannot order the part and install it since it's a recall he has to follow procedure. I guess USA is a bit ahead in the info to dealer compared to Canada.

Anyways I took an appointment for april 5th to get oïl change after winter storage and I hope that by then they will have a clue of what's going on!

MAVERICKFORD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0
Per the recall

PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION
Parts to repair this condition are currently not available in sufficient quantities to service all of the affected vehicles. Therefore, to ensure an ample supply of parts is available, a VIN-specific part order restriction has been placed on the engine oil cooler tube assembly until mid-March, 2017.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
OK just called dealer here in Laval, Canada. First I called parts to see if new hose was available. He looked at the PN and said he could order it for me. Then he transferd me to service to organize appointment.... then it got sad...

The service guy was not even aware of a recall on the GT350. I gave him the recall number and he found it. Then he looked up the system and they have no info on fix for this recall. So he cannot order the part and install it since it's a recall he has to follow procedure. I guess USA is a bit ahead in the info to dealer compared to Canada.

Anyways I took an appointment for april 5th to get oïl change after winter storage and I hope that by then they will have a clue of what's going on!
I guess you're referring to Chartrand Ford right ! I'll probably have to go through the same except, i'll be sure to remove everything that's in the way so all the tech has to do is swap the hoses.

As soon as weather cooperates, every Friday night a bunch of us gather at restaurant "Le Ste-Rose " on curé-Labelle blvd. in Laval.

Let me know if you're interested. :thumbsup:

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My dealer parts guy told me he ordered mine, but later got a response back from Ford that only cars with visual oil leaks at the hoses can get the parts right now. Everyone else is next month. YMMV

Sponsored

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I guess you're referring to Chartrand Ford right ! I'll probably have to go through the same except, i'll be sure to remove everything that's in the way so all the tech has to do is swap the hoses.

As soon as weather cooperates, every Friday night a bunch of us gather at restaurant "Le Ste-Rose " on curé-Labelle blvd. in Laval.

Let me know if you're interested. :thumbsup:
Yes Chartrand... For sure it would be cool to meet up. I live 15 minutes from there (10 minutes for a GT350 with new oil lines!)

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Yes Chartrand... For sure it would be cool to meet up. I live 15 minutes from there (10 minutes for a GT350 with new oil lines!)
Cool, i'll PM you my info. :thumbsup:

rancherogt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Track Pack, 07 Volvo V70, 82 f350
My dealer parts guy told me he ordered mine, but later got a response back from Ford that only cars with visual oil leaks at the hoses can get the parts right now. Everyone else is next month. YMMV
Got the same response from my dealers service department they need to do a visual inspection to proceed with the recall. My lines are dry so I will wait till the middle of next month to get the recall taken care of.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
From the TREAD ACT

In October of 2002, NHTSA passed a final rule that went into effect on January 5, 2003. Far from being a simple-to-navigate process for consumers, this rule is complicated, opens only a narrow window during which consumers can request reimbursement and falls far short of the original intention of the law: to provide an incentives for consumers to act early and decisively to fix potential safety defects in the vehicles they drive.

I read this that if I fix my own car it is legal and they need to reimburse me for it.