AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Confirming this also applies for 2020 gt350s, dealer said it wont be ready to install til maybe July.
Unless he has a direct link to ford and heard if from them, I wouldn't hold too much water to a guess, I didnt want to bother my contact, but I think I'll reach out tomorrow and see what I can muster up. Normally I try not to bother him over things, but I'll see if I can get a ETA estimate directly.

***EDIT*** 12/4/23

Put in a call, now just have to wait for him to get back to me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The "mobile repair option" appears pretty sweet.

I realize they shouldn't be long, but it'd be nice to have it done in the controlled environment of my garage versus the dealership.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Fix now available.
Thanks for the heads up, emailed my Service guy and he told me he saw it in his system as well and it will be taken care of.

Odd didnt hear from my contact about my inquiry about this hmmm.....

Quik5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1; 88 LX 5.0; 86 GT
Interested to hear from anyone that tries the mobile repair option. I have 2 S550s that need the BCM update so guessing it would be worth it for the dealer to make the trip.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Interested to hear from anyone that tries the mobile repair option. I have 2 S550s that need the BCM update so guessing it would be worth it for the dealer to make the trip.
I live 3 minutes from my dealer. I will make them come to me for this one. They do offer the mobile option for oil changes and whatnot as well

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think it's dealer dependent. Mine supposedly offers it so I'll see if I can do it that way lol.

I think that for some dealers, the "mobile" option is just someone picking your car up and joyriding it to the dealership. So make sure it's clarified beforehand 😂

Quik5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I think that for some dealers, the "mobile" option is just someone picking your car up and joyriding it to the dealership. So make sure it's clarified beforehand 😂
Good point!

Quik5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I'm terrified of giving my car to any of the dealerships around me 😐
Same... when I picked up my car the day it arrived at the dealership, my sales guy did the hint hint...take it home just like it is and do your own PDI, lol

I will need to literally stand next to my car if any service happens at the dealership.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think it's dealer dependent. Mine supposedly offers it so I'll see if I can do it that way lol.

The couple of Ford dealers around me offer both. Mobile as in at your home or office/place of work (within a certain distance). They bring a van that is equipped to do the basics like oil changes, brakes, computer updates, etc.

They also offer a pickup and drop off service, which I will never do as you’re very likely correct that some car jockey will take it out and beat the snot out of it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I guess I'll get these two recalls done when I do my 20k mile DCT filter and flush. I'm terrified of giving my car to any of the dealerships around me 😐
Road trip my way 😂. Both dealers by me service Shelby’s and Ford GT’s. There were 2 Shelby’s on lifts when I was there for my last oil change in the early fall. They parked them inside until the owners came to get them too. I’d trust them with it.

Chisel05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP, Handling Pkg
Wife got a call from the dealership regarding this recall, so she took the HPP in this morning. Just picked it up, and now the interior lights are flashing, and won't stop while driving. It was at the end of the day, so whoever was left in the Service Dept didn't know what to make of it. Likely going back tomorrow. A quick Google search tuned this up:https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ust "needs,procedure was attempted and failed.
An old thread, but seems related. Anyone else experience this?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Wife got a call from the dealership regarding this recall, so she took the HPP in this morning. Just picked it up, and now the interior lights are flashing, and won't stop while driving. It was at the end of the day, so whoever was left in the Service Dept didn't know what to make of it. Likely going back tomorrow. A quick Google search tuned this up:https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/interior-lights-map-flashing-when-running.51305/#:~:text=The BCM never just "needs,procedure was attempted and failed.
An old thread, but seems related. Anyone else experience this?
Seems like a good reason to wait lol

Blue Flame Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 GT 401A Mischievous Purple
Dealer just called to tell me I have the recall. They have never called me before on countless fords I've had recalls on. For some reason the fordpass app usually tells me and this time it does not. 2023 model year
Sponsored