Sponsored

Rear Tires for Boost?

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
X2 nto5r's are worthless.
They wear retarded fast (as fast as MT ETS) and they have zero water capability. I will never buy another set.
Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have 305/35/19's Pilot Super Sports on the back with a Procharger and auto.

Traction is ok if I ease into WOT, but flooring it into WOT even at 70mph things get squirrely. Otherwise traction is okay until it shifts, then you get some movement.

Since its my DD and I need it to work in temps 40 and up, in the rain and all, I dont think I have a better option than the MPSS, any input?

Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Trying not to be a total ahole here but if you've got traction in 1st with G2s on a Whipple something isn't right man.
lol it's cool man. With my flight controls I have boost reduced in 1st gear by 25%. I can't go WOT in 1st, but I can def get on it pretty dam good. But these G2's hold very very well. I can go WOT in 2nd and it holds.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
lol it's cool man. With my flight controls I have boost reduced in 1st gear by 25%. I can't go WOT in 1st, but I can def get on it pretty dam good. But these G2's hold very very well. I can go WOT in 2nd and it holds.
Fair and that's awesome. I always forget about the flight control. :cheers:

That being said, I'd love to run a Whipple. I haven't seen your car at Cars and Coffee..

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Fair and that's awesome. I always forget about the flight control. :cheers:

That being said, I'd love to run a Whipple. I haven't seen your car at Cars and Coffee..
Where you at in PA? I haven't been to any cars and coffee yet. Where do they have them, Latrobe? I did go to the Pittsburgh Car Scene event at Dave n Busters back in April tho, and that was pretty cool. Well over 100 cars there.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Where you at in PA? I haven't been to any cars and coffee yet. Where do they have them, Latrobe? I did go to the Pittsburgh Car Scene event at Dave n Busters back in April tho, and that was pretty cool. Well over 100 cars there.
You'd sh1t if you saw the cars at the Warrendale Cars and Coffee. There is a P1 there regularly. Tons of ridiculous exotics. Its Pittsburgh Cars and Coffee at Generoasta Coffee in Warrendale. Every other Sat 9-12 (not this coming Sat). I wont be at the one in two weeks due to going to Cruizin OC but I will be there after that. I live in the area.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
i just got the g2's installed last month. fairly impressed with them as well after a few hundred miles. 1st is still worthless for me but 2nd is a lot more doable. only thing i'm hoping for is to get some decent life out of them!

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
i just got the g2's installed last month. fairly impressed with them as well after a few hundred miles. 1st is still worthless for me but 2nd is a lot more doable. only thing i'm hoping for is to get some decent life out of them!

I ended up with 295/35/20 G2's on the rear. Wanted a more aggressive sticky tire, but needed some decent wet driving characteristics so I don't get caught out in the rain.

As you said, they hook up pretty well. 1st gear is always tough to not spin, so I have to feed in the throttle as best as I can to maximize traction. Same thing with 2nd gear, feed it in rather than stomp on the throttle otherwise it will roast the tires instantly.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I've been loving my MT ET Street S/S in 305/35/20. They're hooking up in second WOT but I haven't tried first in fear of my half-shafts exploding lol.

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You'll be good trying first. Mine would stick in first with my MT SS and stock half shafts. For some reason I got a lot of sway in the higher speeds. The sway was so bad I had to take them off.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
You'll be good trying first. Mine would stick in first with my MT SS and stock half shafts. For some reason I got a lot of sway in the higher speeds. The sway was so bad I had to take them off.
How high of speeds are we talking? I don't think I've seen over 120 with them yet so I probably wouldn't have experienced it yet.

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
70mph and up the car starts to sway pretty bad it's actually really scary. Idk what it is. Maybe a combination of the stock 255's up front and stock suspension. This is with the 305/35/19's.
Sponsored