Sponsored

Rear ended... fml

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if at all possible, don't let the adjuster from their(or your) insurance come out...they will lowball you and try to quote less damage IOT save money. sounds stupid. but an 70 percent of people usually don't get the car fixed. they just take the money and put it in their bank accounts.
take it to a reputable shop that does quality work and get a real estimate. should include parts, paint, labor etc..
Sponsored

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Any of you with experience filing a DV claim? My repairs are up to $3400 (others guys fault). i just got the car in the end of April so I am worried about diminished value. Do I file with my insurance or theirs?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Any of you with experience filing a DV claim? My repairs are up to $3400 (others guys fault). i just got the car in the end of April so I am worried about diminished value. Do I file with my insurance or theirs?
I'm in the same boat. Ruby's going under the knife next week for repairs.

I'm going to tell the at fault party's insurance adjuster that I'm not gonna sign a release until they agree to pay me a reasonable amount for diminished value. Hoping the body shop can give me an idea as to fair amount.

It's only cosmetic damage but a rear quarter panel and the entire rear bumper have to be replaced. My point will be even if the repairs and paint are perfect, the car will never be in original condition b/c their insured backed into her.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Someone hits my car while texting, and I will be hard pressed to not commence to immediate violence.
I dont get it. If your drunk and trying to drive right and get in an accident your in serious trouble but if you are knowingly playing with some gadget and not looking where you are going,and crash, not much happens to the dickhead that tried to kill someone. The penalties should be at least as severe for texters, or,talkers.

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Make sure you go after the insurance for diminished value.

What is Diminished Value ?
Diminished Value is defined as that portion of a damaged vehicle's pre-Loss Value that has Not been restored through the repair process. There are actually three (3) basic types of Diminished Value . . .

Immediate Diminished Value is the difference in resale value of a vehicle immediately before damage has occurred and immediately after damage has occurred (prior to repair). Most jurisdictions (courts) will use this standard as the primary measure of damage when courts are employed to seek reimbursement for damage from a negligent party. As courts are rarely the chosen venue for recovery of property damage, the standard of “Immediate Diminished Value” is rarely employed in resolving Property Damage claims ...
Inherent Diminished Value assumes optimal repair quality has been achieved and is defined as the amount by which the resale value of a repaired vehicle has been reduced simply because the subject vehicle now has a significant damage history. “Inherent Diminished Value” is the most widely recognized and accepted form of Diminished Value. It is also the basis upon which any supplemental form of Diminished Value would be added. A common “Supplemental” form of Diminished Value is “Repair Related Diminished Value” ...
Repair Related Diminished Value includes any additional amounts by which the resale value of a subject vehicle may be further reduced because of less-than-optimal repairs. This could include anything from minor cosmetic imperfections to major structural defects.
Back to the top
Do I Have Diminished Value ?
Probably, if your vehicle has No Prior Significant Damage History. To find out for sure, request a FREE Inherent Diminished Value “Estimate” to help you decide whether you should pursue a Diminished Value claim.

Back to the top

Can I Collect Diminished Value (state-by-state) ?

From the at-Fault Party's Insurance Company ...
YES; in Every State except Michigan.
If the at-Fault Party has No Insurance ...
YES; under your own policy's Uninsured Motorist Coverage, but only in the following states: • Alaska • Arkansas • California • Delaware • District of Columbia • Georgia • Hawaii • Illinois • Indiana • Louisiana • Maryland • Mississippi • New Jersey • New Mexico • North Carolina • Ohio • Oregon • Rhode Island • South Carolina • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia.
From My Own Policy's Collision Coverage ...
YES; in Georgia or Kansas .. (Kansas may be subject to policy limitations).
UPDATE (12/22/2011) .. YES; in Washington, per Supreme Court decision (No. 84500-0) in the matter of Moeller v Farmers Insurance Company.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks, I hope you and your car return to perfect condition soon.

Alejandro_v6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
Same thing happen to me 3 weeks after getting mine! so pissed. Whats even worse is that one of the lights has a crack that i did not notice and the shop didnt. Settle outside of the insurance but only for a new bumber, so now its too late to charge the guy for the tail light. FYI the tail light is $900. FML

Some cu.. young girl in a Honda Odyssey was texting and rear ended me while I was at a stoplight. Never thought I would come out with neck pains but I suree did. It's more like a sting that comes back every hour or so on the right side of my neck. Going to get it checked out tomorrow.

Anyways, she was determined to be at fault by the police officer and her insurance has already set up a claim. I've included some pics but for some reason all the "good" pics weren't even on my phone so I'll update the whole rear end in daylight tomorrow. Pretty much bumper popped out of place and both right and left sides have broken plastic clip-ons. I tried to push some of the bumper back in place because it was literally hanging out on each side. The diffuser also has something broken because at this point it's just flappin' around.

My main concern is this:
Driver's side taillight will not turn on but nothing seems broken. Could the impact done something to the interior for it to completely stop working? Also my rear sensors are going to need to be replaces as I keep getting a "Sensors at fault" error on the nav screen.

Lastly, it seems that the Honda Odyssey hit my trunk due to the fact that my car has scratches on the trunk lid but I noticed the left (drivers) side of the trunk is pushed in more than the right (passenger) side of the trunk. Pisses me off because I'm pretty sure this means bent metal.
All in all, it is what it is. Happy to be alive and happy that nothing worse came out of it.

I know that there is a thread out there with my same issue but is it true that I am able to start a DV claim?

Thanks for any info!

Edit* Can't seem to figure out why the pictures are coming out sideways.. Apologies in advance!
Sponsored