Sponsored

Raxiom LED Side Marker Lights?

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Anyone have experience with 'Raxiom Axial Series LED Side Marker Lights; Rear; Clear'? Only $30 compared to Diode Dynamics for $100.

I'm assuming that's because DD has the retroreflectors that reflects light back in any direction that is shined from, but Raxiom doesn't?
Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Looking for first hand opinions also.

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
I installed the Made in USA Diode Dynamics Smoked Side Markers on my Mustang. They are a high quality product. Fit, finish, and function is perfect. They look fantastic off and on.
Pic of Diode Dynamic and OEM.

0544D100-AC9F-45B7-8977-A027C9AEE994.jpeg

Diode Dynamics Smoke Markers installed off and on.
I also like the way the led lighting completely fills the DD markers.

53C041D2-EED5-423B-8180-434F1958EA9D.jpeg
221FCCF7-6A9D-45DE-A460-EE62C3AE8F68.jpeg

Don't forget to add a dab of dieletric grease to the connection.

43587AA5-057F-48C6-AF58-D3B92A70AB44.jpeg

https://www.cjponyparts.com/diode-d...x0lMwY1EAQYAyABEgI0avD_BwE#220=1855&year=2018

FWIW, I've purchased Raxiom products before. Flasher and sequential tail lights. I returned both because they failed to function properly.
So I didn't even bother looking at raxiom's when I purchased side markers.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
FWIW, I've purchased Raxiom products before. Flasher and sequential tail lights. I returned both because they failed to function properly.
So I didn't even bother looking at raxiom's when I purchased side markers.
Thanks for all that info, definitely leaning more towards DD especially since they have that 3 yr warranty

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Throwing this out there as an option to the expensive DD ones. I went cheap and have no regrets. The LED's go all the way to the ends unlike the DD. But DD has the advantage of still acting like a reflector when off.
I got them from Amazon.ca VPMOTOZ side markers for $40 CDN. Terrible reviews all complaining of the LED's slowly burning out. BUT I believe that is because these don't seal very firmly with the o-ring on the factory plug. I used black epoxy to hermetically seal around the twist-in side of the plug. Zero chance of water getting in. Still working nearly a year later.

20220401_124037-jpg.jpg

20220401_123915-jpg.jpg

From a little distance it looks like 2 solid red lines. The camera picks up each individual LED.

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I was a huge fan of yalls Ecoboost build back in the day (Also from STL). Congrats on the new building by the way.
Thank you for your support!

If you're available, we hope to see you at our Open House & Car Show on April 1st.

Sponsored

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Whats the purpose of the dieletric grease?
It's great stuff. I use it all over the place. Works great for inside spark plug boots, fasteners with dissimilar metals, battery terminals, any electrical connection, it's pretty inert.

Permatex Dielectric Tune Up Grease protects electrical connections and wiring from salt, dirt and corrosion. Dielectric Tune Up extends the life of bulb sockets and prevents voltage leakage around any electrical connection. Also prevents spark plugs from fusing to boots. Use Dielectric Tune Up for modern high energy ignition systems.

https://www.permatex.com/products/l...ants/permatex-dielectric-tune-up-grease-3-oz/

taylor.crandall1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's great stuff. I use it all over the place. Works great for inside spark plug boots, fasteners with dissimilar metals, battery terminals, any electrical connection, it's pretty inert.

Permatex Dielectric Tune Up Grease protects electrical connections and wiring from salt, dirt and corrosion. Dielectric Tune Up extends the life of bulb sockets and prevents voltage leakage around any electrical connection. Also prevents spark plugs from fusing to boots. Use Dielectric Tune Up for modern high energy ignition systems.

https://www.permatex.com/products/l...ants/permatex-dielectric-tune-up-grease-3-oz/
Thanks for the info Hoofer.

MustangMystique

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Mystique
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The Raxiom are amazing. Had them on our Mustang since 2019 - they've outlasted a friend who had Diode Dinamics. I'd take a coke challenge to it anyday. Go Raxiom (they're nearly identical in every way).

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
The Raxiom are amazing. Had them on our Mustang since 2019 - they've outlasted a friend who had Diode Dinamics. I'd take a coke challenge to it anyday. Go Raxiom (they're nearly identical in every way).
We're proud of our offering from Diode Dynamics.

Our LED side markers are designed, engineered, tested, and assembled at our HQ in St.Charles, MO compared to Raxiom is a clone of our product with cheaper manufacturing, quality control, and non-existent customer service in many reported cases.

Questions/Concerns:

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033
Sponsored