Sponsored

random... fence.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Seems to me your neighbor did what he thought was best. Your fence is clearly not on his property, and had nothing to do where you put your fence. You caused the problem you have by placement location of your fence. Your neighbor has just as much right to put their fence the way they want it as you do.

If it bothers you so much that grass will grow between the fences, just spray and but a bed of leaves on top when you rake your yard.

I guess this is why I live in the country. Don't need to deal with neighbors I don't like.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I guess this is why I live in the country. Don't need to deal with neighbors I don't like.
This. Living in the sticks has its benefits.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Can you put up a partition that closely resembles your fence (butt it up to your fence and run over to your property line) then get a nice looking tree that is short, has girth and will grow to at least 5’ tall and plant it in front of the partition. When it grows, it’ll hide the small section on his side of the property line and it won’t look so bad. Leave the back of that fence run open, so that you can get back there and mow or run the weed eater. When it’s time to run the mower or weed eater, only run up to your side of the stake. When the grass starts to grow against his fence on his side of the stake, he probably won’t like it and may be willing to work with you to achieve a better solution.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just left Kansas almost a year ago, where my wife and I had built a new house in 2019. The neighbors on both sides of us had black metal fences. We hired a fence company to install a fence across the back of our yard which connected to each neighbors fence and also added gates on either side of our house which attached to both of our neighbors’ fences. I was aware of a law on the books called a Kansas Fence Law which indicated that both neighbors and I would be responsible for the cost and maintenance of the fence that they had already installed beforehand (because we would both benefit from the use of said fence). I went to each neighbor, told them about the law and asked them to give me documented proof of the cost of those sections of their fence, so that we could pay them half the cost. They both obliged and we paid one neighbor $600 (I had to hound this guy to get him to finally take our money) and the other $1000. That left us feeling comfortable with the fence situation. Had we not put up a fence along the back of our yard, or gates on either side of our house, the aforementioned fence law would not have applied to us because we would not have benefitted from it. Little did I know, a year and a half later, we would be selling that new house moving to Florida, where I believe the same law applies. I agree, living in the sticks would be so much easier.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ive decided, got a person paying me 300, and they are removing the fence. I will just take a piece of the fence and extend to cover the gap, make it look uniform. This is 2 fold, I no longer have to worry about a fence getting crushed from debris from trees, I got a massive tree. and 2. I get a larger yard.

and free labor to remove it and being paid for it. its fine with me, they already said they will do everything, but I offered to help them transport the material from the fence site to their trailer/trucks with my little cub cadet mower and gorilla cart

seems like the easiest solution to me. the money I will put towards filling the holes and re seeding.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If I ever want a "bigger fence" I will put an 8 foot privacy all around, (I have a 8 foot privacy on my right side of back yard from neighbor) so one day if I really get annoyed I will just run it all around, but im not bothered enough at the moment. but that would be an ultimate solution once lumbar drops down or vinyl

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ive decided, got a person paying me 300, and they are removing the fence. I will just take a piece of the fence and extend to cover the gap, make it look uniform. This is 2 fold, I no longer have to worry about a fence getting crushed from debris from trees, I got a massive tree. and 2. I get a larger yard.

and free labor to remove it and being paid for it. its fine with me, they already said they will do everything, but I offered to help them transport the material from the fence site to their trailer/trucks.

seems like the easiest solution to me. the money I will put towards filling the holes and re seeding.
Are you going to connect to your neighbor’s fence or stop at the property line?

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going to connect to your neighbor’s fence or stop at the property line?

my neighbor gave me an idea (the one neighbor across street is a wood guy) said I could run 2 pieces of wood off my current end post parallel to ground, and just slap 2-4 pickets on it and it would essentially just float there, I could put a small stabilizer end post. but either way I would be a hair before the stake. but im not running a fence all the way down my line, so I would just cut the yard as a normal yard.

I would be a hair before the boundary stake and should look fine can always just back it up a little if someone complains. which I dont think he would, and he wouldnt even have a say because I own all way up to that spot anyway

dark blue would be the side ways supports off my end post
red would be pickets off another panel I could use to match
the light blue, could be a little tiny support hooked onto the parallel or I could run it all way up the back of the post, with a little bit of depth for support, doesnt need to be very strong as the terminal post is anchored already and would support all this on its own
Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 5.55.21 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
but as for maintenance, shit, no more hours of washing few times a year that 100 feet. I have a little pressure washer just for the fence, battery operated lol

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
his brand new fence doesn't seems levelled? Maybe this is an illusion but on your first pic, this is how it looks !

Sponsored
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you arent wrong...... it has dips up and down.. I do have 1 raised post in the rear area on my fence line, a tree branch, (MASSIVE) hit my pole awhile back and it must of done a bounce affect with the pole in the soil, it popped it up a little, I was eventually going to undo the pieces, drop down a little and chop an inch off the top of the pole to make it even again, but not a concern now.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Sunday it’s gone. Will update
If weather allows

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This guy is claiming he will bring all fill dirt, and grass seed etc to reseed the holes and all the dead area. Says I wont have to do a single thing, he wants it for one of his properties. guess he isnt new to this. Hes taking the concrete and everything.

This will be interesting, I have no idea how they yank it all up. All I know is ive pulled 3 concrete sank post before like 3 years ago, and it was awful. took me HOURS with a shovel. That alone its worth letting these guys take it all.

He said wont take longer than 2 hours, 3 at max. but I dont know how many people hes bringing, and im keeping 1 section of fencing so I can make the extension of my front area

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Sounds like an awesome deal! Anytime you can avoid getting your hands dirty in a situation like that is a big win.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I will be out there raking up all the debris sticks, dead stuff, etc skimming it so when its time to fill hose/seed its all cleaned out. just gotta be done before 4pm for easter dinner w my family. should be easy enough.

will post pics.
Sponsored