FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had a fence up 10 years, neighbor wanted a new fence evidently. came home to this. .. 20 inches or so wide. makes me seriously consider removing my wooden fence, because maintaining between the fence is going to be a serious pain in the ass. I dont understand what is going on here.

Seriously about to toss my fence up for "free, come remove and fill holes" for the side fence, and I could expand the front over 2 feet to cover the gap and stop at his fence.

blows my mind- if I remove the fence I have to groom the yard where he used to have before he tossed fence up, because he lets his yard be dead, and you can see the difference. its annoying

IMG_6457 Medium.jpeg

IMG_6452 Medium.jpeg

IMG_6448 Medium.jpeg

IMG_6454 Medium.jpeg

IMG_7581-1_zpsqrb3hf7n.jpg
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Is the new no-man's land on your property or the neighbor's? That will be a PITA....

I don't get the point of the new fence when you already have one....

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Is the new no-man's land on your property or the neighbor's? That will be a PITA....

I don't get the point of the new fence when you already have one....
previous owners backed my yard 2 feet off the perimeter so I own it, because the yard goes up.
yeah.. idk. he could of asked, he could of tied the fence to beside mine, and he could of just asked me for permission to fence that little area off with a paper from a lawyer stating he knows I own it.

yeah looks like shit. im going to have to pull my fence. previous owner of next door was happy with it, and the new neighbors didnt say a thing to me. just disappointed, atleast they could of paid for better than bare bones basic "soon to rust" fence. I think its like 10% more for powder coated vinyl fence.

maybe he got tired of mowing 20 inches extra of his yard? I mean dudes never said anything to me. we've always cut our sides and never said a word.

edit. he didnt even know I owned the extra 20 inches, he just had a survey done like month ago. I wondered why there was flags

shits embarrassing to look at. I genuinely take care of my house to the best. I was about to pressure wash it soon too now weather is getting nice. (when I had mustang)

8549A4EF-71FF-4DFB-94BE-E12C3C83DD16.jpeg

Last edited:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Yeah that really blows big time. Most zoning codes ( at least around here ) will not allow two fences along a property line for this exact reason. You end up with an area that is impossible to maintain and will look like crap all of the time. I hate chain link fences and in my area they are prohibited. It’s unfortunate your fence was not placed right on your property line, as that is the way it should have been done originally. I would hate to see you lose your nice wood fence and have to look at that shitty chain link. Start by making sure he actually received permission and pulled a permit to put that fence in. Call the city. If not, he can tear it down. Sorry you have to deal with this bonehead.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that really blows big time. Most zoning codes ( at least around here ) will not allow two fences along a property line for this exact reason. You end up with an area that is impossible to maintain and will look like crap all of the time. I hate chain link fences and in my area they are prohibited. It’s unfortunate your fence was not placed right on your property line, as that is the way it should have been done originally. I would hate to see you lose your nice wood fence and have to look at that shitty chain link. Start by making sure he actually received permission and pulled a permit to put that fence in. Call the city. If not, he can tear it down. Sorry you have to deal with this bonehead.
well there is a benefit, I get a larger yard if I remove it. sucks, he basically 2/3rd back has let it completely die and turn into mud/sticks. so I will have to skim all the dirt and get some grass growing.

not big deal, my fence is the issue.

QUESTION. if my tree drops a big branch and breaks his fence, am I responsible? because a few branches hit my wood fence occasionally. but our trees are almost touching, so both our trees are over the fence line.

ive never said anything about his tree branches hitting my fence, its a fence not big deal. but if my tree drops a branch and damages it, am I the responsible one? even though its on his property

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Clorox between fences eliminates the need to maintain the growth.

I would not remove your fence at all... to what, deal with looking at his yard?

Did the Twp. approve what he did by permit or zoning?

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just took photos. I have no idea. Looked like a crew came out. Asked what he wanted and he had it done.
Here’s some pics.

DCE2D1FC-3A0D-4CC3-A33E-2F90D83480D4.jpeg

8F3BEDE1-AB1E-4E8F-A092-C1412CD7D194.jpeg

62B05D0E-07E7-4E4E-999C-8E61D82C005E.jpeg

C0205D6F-8887-4D70-A7F0-25AE1FF34BC7.jpeg

A0910C67-2960-40EA-9A24-B2E584B9D90F.jpeg

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I know it’s probably petty. But this rubbed me wrong. Looks ridiculous. My neighbor who lives across from me called me and was like….. what the hell about the fence today.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once again, if he didn’t pull a permit, he will need to remove it. If your city allows two fences on one property line then you are screwed. That’s poor zoning. I sat on my zoning board as vice chair for 20 years. Remember I’m an architect.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
How long does it take to find out if a permit was pulled curious? like if it was pulled recently would it show up on the county site or do I need to go to like city hall?

edit. permits are not required for my area on residential properties.

https://www.clayton.oh.us/faq.aspx?qid=106

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 6.50.06 PM.png

Last edited:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I looked at the fence regulations. You live in the Wild West where anything goes. I have no other helpful suggestions.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
welp... may list it up for sale and do this. remove all the pieces parallel to that.

who knows, someone may come yank it all up, and pay me while doing so.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 5.55.21 PM.png

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I mean it sucks, but if someone does remove that, I will now have a larger yard, I can tend to it and make it nice again where its degraded, fill holes with dirt and such. just lame. Lol. I can use a few of the panels off the fence to complete this section

I cannot stand 2 fences by eachother. it looks awful

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
You can put a trellace up on your side with fast growing vines
Sponsored