R parts for GT350's

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I would think there are contractual obligations not to sell OEM parts to the public but also required to stock some replacement parts as well.
True. I can count on zero fingers the number of parts I can think of as being sold directly, circumventing Ford.
Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
I agree it is deterrent setting the prices to insane prices to not be selling R parts to build clones.

Another thing is say they, since they don't manufacture the parts, have 50 R spare spoilers in stock for example. They ordered 550 units and 500 go on R's during production. Those extras are intended for actual Rs with issues with their spoilers for warranty replacements, or if one gets damaged in transport. They need to have stock to fix actual R owners' cars with warranty issues.

If local dealers start selling them and they're down to 10 left how are they going to service the actual R owners' cars when those are gone? Ford may only have a contract with the part supplier for X units per model year based on that manufacturer's ability to get raw materials and capacity to build them (CF is hand done and NOT a 1 hour process, but many days sometimes).

I just see the logic in restricting sale of the OEM parts. They have a duty to the actual R owners first and foremost and really not duty to anyone else to sell the parts separately to tack on. They may also have contract restrictions with the manufacturers the the parts will only go on R cars and not sold separately.
Not to mention the obligation to supply the assembly line. There are seemingly indications of that for the 2016 production as reported here that 50 - 2016's were produced then production halted. Possibly from parts availability?:shrug:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I agree it is deterrent setting the prices to insane prices to not be selling R parts to build clones.

Another thing is say they, since they don't manufacture the parts, have 50 R spare spoilers in stock for example. They ordered 550 units and 500 go on R's during production. Those extras are intended for actual Rs with issues with their spoilers for warranty replacements, or if one gets damaged in transport. They need to have stock to fix actual R owners' cars with warranty issues.

If local dealers start selling them and they're down to 10 left how are they going to service the actual R owners' cars when those are gone? Ford may only have a contract with the part supplier for X units per model year based on that manufacturer's ability to get raw materials and capacity to build them (CF is hand done and NOT a 1 hour process, but many days sometimes).

I just see the logic in restricting sale of the OEM parts. They have a duty to the actual R owners first and foremost and really not duty to anyone else to sell the parts separately to tack on. They may also have contract restrictions with the manufacturers the the parts will only go on R cars and not sold separately.
Bingo. Im glad someone understands the issues involved when low volume parts become unexpected high volume parts. Very little incentive to ford to produce these in larger volume for enthusiasts. Not just dealing with the supply chain issues, but also storage and inventory costs for such large items.

I remember something similar happened with the Boss 302 wheel. When GT owners found them, they bought them like crazy and they went on backorder. Then each time they came back in stock the price went up, from $230 to $400+ once the dust settled.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
The Manufacturers have variations already in the channel guys.

The Wheels are 9 spoke

The Wing has a middle pedestal.

Somehow the appeal of a 9 spoke just to be different.... and removing a center pedestal.... does not sound like it will deter people from obtaining the look.

Yes maybe the exact part can't be had. But for how long? And if what is available is close enough then when a GTPP guy mods his stang to "Look" like an 'R". Is that going to piss you guys off???

And there are many places to get Leguna, and GT500 looking wheels. Late Model Restoration, Stage 3 Motorsports.....AMERICAN MUSCLE. Even the wings and aero for the GT500's

So...

Really... lets not kid ourselves okay.

In fact here's what's more likely ....

The third parties knowing that the "MUSTANG" is famous for it's aftermarket likely penned a deal to also produce additional quantities to be sold through third party VAR (Value Added Resellers)...Just like American Muscle. Knowing full well they will be able to take advantage of the demand for both a sexy looking wing, or Wheel or Splitter, even the aero like diffusers and fascias... etc etc.... that is also functional.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Lol at thinking AM wheels are OEM.

I'm not calling you a troll but.....

You're a troll.

Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes maybe the exact part can't be had. But for how long? And if what is available is close enough then when a GTPP guy mods his stang to "Look" like an 'R". Is that going to piss you guys off???
Of course there will be replicas....always are. Piss me off?...not hardly. I just SMH at the posers that try to clone the entire car.

OP
OP
1LEThumper

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
To see all of the parts put on a GT...yes that would be a clone...but (correct me if I'm wrong)...for those with GT350's that want to track the cars and say keep them Ford parts I don't really see it as cloning unless you are telling them it's an R. Again for myself it is just about increasing the performance of the car and not really trying to develop new parts for it....at least not yet.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Lol at thinking AM wheels are OEM.

I'm not calling you a troll but.....

You're a troll.

Where did I say OEM?

In any case AM does sell OEM parts. You may want to check yourself before you stick your foot in your mouth like you just did.

No offense. But you looked like a fool.

Fool.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
To see all of the parts put on a GT...yes that would be a clone...but (correct me if I'm wrong)...for those with GT350's that want to track the cars and say keep them Ford parts I don't really see it as cloning unless you are telling them it's an R. Again for myself it is just about increasing the performance of the car and not really trying to develop new parts for it....at least not yet.
And here's the MOST INTELLIGENT POST THUS FAR ON THIS THREAD.

Someone who really gets it now.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Where did I say OEM?

In any case AM does sell OEM parts. You may want to check yourself before you stick your foot in your mouth like you just did.

No offense. But you looked like a fool.

Fool.
You mad? They sell some OEM parts but thier wheels are primarily China made. I like my foot where it is, you?

I'm not going to debate this with you - all I need to do is read some of your other posts to know you're the type of person who thinks they know everything and then will go on a campaign to convince everyone else to believe as you do.

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
^^ Another thought is.....lets say a Guy with a normal GT Mustang has all of the R stuff; wings, wheels, etc...and if fly's off the road and can't handle, can do this, or that,..and people think its an R, this could hurt the reputation of the R..by having the prices up, might curb that problem by making the real part "Unobtainable":shrug:

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't disagree with that at all. Well said.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ Another thought is.....lets say a Guy with a normal GT Mustang has all of the R stuff; wings, wheels, etc...and if fly's off the road and can't handle, can do this, or that,..and people think its an R, this could hurt the reputation of the R..by having the prices up, might curb that problem by making the real part "Unobtainable":shrug:
That's in interesting angle.

It just makes me realize that there are many reasons that it's better not to sell the parts in the aftermarket. Should be interesting.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I really don't think ford cares about stuff like this. And anyone with a lick of knowledge would know its not a GT350 (let alone an R) by the brakes, front end, and most importantly, exhaust note.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
How about this: active aero can have unpredictable results on a non prepped car. Liability concerns?
Sponsored