Quietest 3in exhaust

xr4x4ti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT
This is the opposite of what most people want, but who makes the quietest 3in can back exhaust for a 2017 GT?

Thanks,
Tim
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
For a 15-17 car, the AWE Touring is pretty tame, as is the FP by Borla Touring. I think Borla also makes a Touring system (not under the FP banner). Those three would be the most tame that I can think of. I think MiamiGT350 is right that Solo Performance also has a pretty tame system.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You can always buy an exhaust and add more mufflers to it, it will be a pain

this is what i'd like to do eventually

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Quiet and 3" don't coexist because there is such a limited market. I've tried. Active exhaust is your best hope. I even added some magnaflow resonators to my 3" active kit and it was only a marginal improvement.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
H pipe, stainlessbros resonator, corsa touring mufflers is surprisingly quiet up to about 2300 rpm during normal driving, possibly quieter than stock, plus has the bonus of being full 3” straight-through for all components. It’s too bad the stainlessbros is flimsy and fails. Will be replacing the sb and h pipe with a Jones equivalent soon but I don’t think it will be as quiet due to less perforations. The Jones is a better fit, though, due to the dimensions and built in x pipe.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
It’s too bad the stainlessbros is flimsy and fails. Will be replacing the sb and h pipe with a Jones equivalen
Have you considered fitting 2 of the longer 3" SB bottle resonators side by side in place of the SB dual/dual resonator ?
It is too bad the dual/dual isn't more robust. Thin wall 300 series welded without a back purge and oxidized welds are destined to fail sooner than later.

Last edited:

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
AWE Touring paired with GESI Gen 2 UHP catalytic converters will give you the exhaust flow to support upwards of 1,000 hp while still remaining relatively tame when you have your foot out of it. It will still be loud at WOT, but will sound clean and deep with minimal raspiness.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Varex valved system is super quiet with the valves closed, but you cant go WOT with the valves closed due to too much backpressure (atleast when you are boosted) and its insanely loud with the valves open without cats.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
A buddy of mine has the borla touring catback with borla's resonator, Pretty quiet system but a lot more free flowing than the stock exhaust

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
H pipe, stainlessbros resonator, corsa touring mufflers is surprisingly quiet up to about 2300 rpm during normal driving, possibly quieter than stock, plus has the bonus of being full 3” straight-through for all components. It’s too bad the stainlessbros is flimsy and fails. Will be replacing the sb and h pipe with a Jones equivalent soon but I don’t think it will be as quiet due to less perforations. The Jones is a better fit, though, due to the dimensions and built in x pipe.

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
i just installed a true full 3” 304 Stainless system from AFE in California. I had never heard of them , but did some research and they had good reviews. I installed it myself, the fit and finish are very good. This has a great Deep sound with no Drone. I’m running Stainless Power Headers with High Flow Cats.

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Varex valved system is super quiet with the valves closed, but you cant go WOT with the valves closed due to too much backpressure (atleast when you are boosted) and its insanely loud with the valves open without cats.
+1 for varex
Sponsored