skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Ok thanks guys…
I used adams tire and wheel cleaner on the rims/tires… i have no experience with this product, i got it in one of their mystery boxes. It seemed to work well.

I used the car pro reset in the foam cannon, it foamed really well. I foamed it twice, then added it to my sponge on a sudsed up car…. followed up with the beadmaker drying. I think it came out fantastic!
Thanks for the info guys! I have a new cleaning routine..

IMG_7646.jpeg

IMG_7652.jpeg
Looks fantastic :) The Adams Wheel and tire cleaner is a great product. Really strong so if you have coated wheels be careful it can degrade it over time as it is highly alkaline. I bought a gallon a while back and have used almost all of it :) I went to Brake Buster, a little less strong but works good and foams up well.
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I used the same from Adams but may try the Brake Buster before reordering Adams.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I used the same from Adams but may try the Brake Buster before reordering Adams.
Adams is stronger if you need to deep clean. But brake buster foams really well in a foaming sprayer or even a foam canon. It can dwell for a while really good that way.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I have been busting my butt for weeks with the deck project and neglected the 500. She was driven a bit during that time and was covered in a thick layer of road dust.

With nothing on the agenda for a Saturday, I gave her a Reset bath. Took the opportunity to try out OG's Tire Dressing and in preparation for that, I scrubbed the tires with synthetic mineral spirits. That worked well and pretty much removed all the previous dressing.

Additionally, I had ordered a decal from Shelby for the windshield so before doing the clear coat the next day, I cleaned the windshield with Eraser and then installed the decal.

1695627299418.png

1695627393248.png

When that was done, I did the tires.

This is after the mineral spirits cleaning.

1695627572187.png

After OG's Dressing..

1695627663764.png

Finally, after ten minutes of dwell time, I buffed them down a bit.

1695627713609.png

I have to say, D, you were correct once again, I like it better than Perl. :-) It takes a bit longer than the old method with the large, cube foam pad since you have to use a detailing brush but the results are worth it.

When the tires were done, I parked her out in the sun for awhile to set the vinyl adhesive on the windshield and grabbed a few shots. Then, I drove her down the road to another location for a few more.

1695628126728.png

1695628184514.png

1695628251800.png

1695628294472.png

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have been busting my butt for weeks with the deck project and neglected the 500. She was driven a bit during that time and was covered in a thick layer of road dust.

With nothing on the agenda for a Saturday, I gave her a Reset bath. Took the opportunity to try out OG's Tire Dressing and in preparation for that, I scrubbed the tires with synthetic mineral spirits. That worked well and pretty much removed all the previous dressing.

Additionally, I had ordered a decal from Shelby for the windshield so before doing the clear coat the next day, I cleaned the windshield with Eraser and then installed the decal.

1695627299418.png

1695627393248.png

When that was done, I did the tires.

This is after the mineral spirits cleaning.

1695627572187.png

After OG's Dressing..

1695627663764.png

Finally, after ten minutes of dwell time, I buffed them down a bit.

1695627713609.png

I have to say, D, you were correct once again, I like it better than Perl. :-) It takes a bit longer than the old method with the large, cube foam pad since you have to use a detailing brush but the results are worth it.

When the tires were done, I parked her out in the sun for awhile to set the vinyl adhesive on the windshield and grabbed a few shots. Then, I drove her down the road to another location for a few more.

1695628126728.png

1695628184514.png

1695628251800.png

1695628294472.png
Absolutely stunning vehicle!

The OG Tire Dressing looks so good with a levelling wipe, delivering a finish that's definitely there but not in a slick or shiny way. Subtle.

What brush did you use? The RaceGlaze XL or the Curveball?

IMG-0368.jpg

IMG-0092.jpg

IMG_9349.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely stunning vehicle!
Thanks my friend.

What brush did you use? The RaceGlaze XL or the Curveball?
One that I could sacrifice and it was a cheapo version of the Race Glaze. I'm sure you've mentioned the "curbed ball" before but apparently I missed it. Now that's the way to spread dressing on a tire!

I see Detail Factory has one like yours but damn, thirty bones. I know you deal with crazy prices while us Yankees get a much better deal and we shouldn't complain but still..thirty bucks for a brush?

And the administration thinks things are just fine. <sigh> I may have to wear the one I used out before I spring for a curve ball but man, that looks like the perfect tool.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks my friend.

One that I could sacrifice and it was a cheapo version of the Race Glaze. I'm sure you've mentioned the "curbed ball" before but apparently I missed it. Now that's the way to spread dressing on a tire!

I see Detail Factory has one like yours but damn, thirty bones. I know you deal with crazy prices while us Yankees get a much better deal and we shouldn't complain but still..thirty bucks for a brush?

And the administration thinks things are just fine. <sigh> I may have to wear the one I used out before I spring for a curve ball but man, that looks like the perfect tool.
That brush is $79.95 in Australia! :facepalm:

Jump on Amazon or eBay, they have knockoff versions of that brush for a fraction of the price. Normally, I'm a buy the best sort of guy, but subjecting that brush to tire dressing is almost cruel, so the cheapie sort of makes sense here.

Amazon.com: AUCELI Car Detailing Brush, Ultra Soft Auto Interior Dusting Brush with Storage Rack, Car XL Synthetic Brush Cleaning Tool, Universal Covers Large Area Inside or Outside Vehicles (Red) : Automotive

These are good too -

Amazon.com: Filiverco Auto Tire Brush, Seal Design with Cover, High Density Portable Car Brush (Black) : Automotive

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Ok thanks guys…
I used adams tire and wheel cleaner on the rims/tires… i have no experience with this product, i got it in one of their mystery boxes. It seemed to work well.

I used the car pro reset in the foam cannon, it foamed really well. I foamed it twice, then added it to my sponge on a sudsed up car…. followed up with the beadmaker drying. I think it came out fantastic!
Thanks for the info guys! I have a new cleaning routine..

IMG_7646.jpeg

IMG_7652.jpeg
Do you have a cleaning routine for the convertible rag roof? My wife has a rag roof VW that I need to keep clean. I try to avoid using too many cleaners on it to avoid removing the waterproofing. Just wondering what others may be doing.

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Do you have a cleaning routine for the convertible rag roof? My wife has a rag roof VW that I need to keep clean. I try to avoid using too many cleaners on it to avoid removing the waterproofing. Just wondering what others may be doing.
Im pretty new to soft tops, but i use raggtopp fabric cleaner and protectant around 40$ at walmart or amazon. And a soft brush, i just got the raggtopp brush because the other soft horse hair brush which was super soft left way too many bristles behind. I just followed a few youtube videos and the top came out pretty good.
i do not pressure wash the top, just regular wash and rinse it with a hose. Raggtopp has a cleaner and then a protectant. It seems to keep the top clean and waterproof.

IMG_3185.jpeg

IMG_3184.jpeg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
These are good too
Thanks, my brother, now that's a bit more reasonable but $79! That IS highway robbery and I just watched "Highwaymen" yesterday so I know what I'm talking about. <BSEG> Good film and Woody was excellent. :cool:

I think I'll go with the "Italian" version from Auceli! <chuckling> And I hear ya on buying the best but sometimes, they force you to go cheaper.

Sponsored

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Im pretty new to soft tops, but i use raggtopp fabric cleaner and protectant around 40$ at walmart or amazon. And a soft brush, i just got the raggtopp brush because the other soft horse hair brush which was super soft left way too many bristles behind. I just followed a few youtube videos and the top came out pretty good.
i do not pressure wash the top, just regular wash and rinse it with a hose. Raggtopp has a cleaner and then a protectant. It seems to keep the top clean and waterproof.

IMG_3185.jpeg

IMG_3184.jpeg
Thanks for the info. I had a look online and here Down Under that stuff is about A$140 a pack. I think I'll look for a local equivalent or maybe 303.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Woo Hoo, KCx has finally made their spray and rinse sealant S0.03 available here in the US. I am a big fan of most KCx products and have been wanting to try it so I ordered a bottle today. I have used their Protector Wax in the past and I like it, but have been told S0.03 is more akin to CARPRO Hydro or Gyeon Wet coat. I do love that PW can be applied both with a pump foam sprayer or a foam canon, I am anxious to try S0.03 and see how it does. Will be a nice addition for when I wash a car with no protection, will allow some beading for an effective blow dry before the towel dry :) . Stay tuned, it is finally spring here and warming up, about time to bring my pressure washer and toys out of hibernation LOL :) And I will get to try out my MTM Hydro foam canon (new wide mouth of course) :)
Sponsored

Attachments