Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I havent had any issues on my 2019. I have 30k miles on the supercharger.

[-QUOTE="S5501960, post: 3846275, member: 72598"]

I ordered the Shelby-branded Roush 2650 for my 2019 Shelby GT and it's due to arrive on Tuesday. This is the first that I've read about the problems with the 2650 on newer Mustangs and now I'm a bit concerned about having it installed on my car. Many of the issues I've read about seem to occur on A10 cars. My car is a 6-speed so I'm wondering whether I might still encounter engine or tuning problems once the supercharger is installed. Just how widespread are the these issues? Does it affect only a random handful of cars or is it more common than that? Would appreciate any information.

Thanks

[/QUOTE]

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I ordered the Shelby-branded Roush 2650 for my 2019 Shelby GT and it's due to arrive on Tuesday. This is the first that I've read about the problems with the 2650 on newer Mustangs and now I'm a bit concerned about having it installed on my car. Many of the issues I've read about seem to occur on A10 cars. My car is a 6-speed so I'm wondering whether I might still encounter engine or tuning problems once the supercharger is installed. Just how widespread are the these issues? Does it affect only a random handful of cars or is it more common than that? Would appreciate any information.

Thanks
The only issue I have encounter is sometimes a harsh low gear shit at low speed city driving. Obviously, on average, you would expect more engine issues on aftermarket FI cars, but there doesn't seem to be a rash of Roush cars losing there engines. Haven't even had any issues with power due to heat. I do have the cooling kit, so that helps at least a little. Only issue I had at the track was some knock, but that went away with some boostane.

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The only issue I have encounter is sometimes a harsh low gear shit at low speed city driving.
The same issue that both myself and others have. Anything in SPORT, SPORT+, and TRACK shift very violently unless under heavy acceleration.

One issue I did have yesterday driving yesterday on the highway. With the shifter position in S+TRACK EXHAUST, I gave her the beans and she took off. No problem. Rocket ship. Just about 20 seconds of power. Then a km or two down the road, still in S but just cruising, there was a POP and then another minute or two another POP so I put it back into D/NORMAL and no more pops the rest of the ride home.

First time I've "seen" it do that. I know there are burble pops under deceleration but I've never had the exhaust sound like a backfire while under standard driving acceleration.

I'm taking her in tomorrow morning for the latest tune so we will see what that does.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Got the new tune done today (June 20th, 2023 revision).

Haven't gotten a lot of focused seat time yet as I was busy dodging insane/poor drivers (for those familiar with Brampton, Ontario) and didn't get to enjoy much of the drive back.

Anyways; from what I can tell the burble pops are a little bit less pronounced or loud on the deceleration. Not a bad thing in my opinion LOL. A little snap-crackle pop is great but a 105mm Howie going off is embarrassing when you driving a shiny sparkling Mustang and people think you brought out a Ford Taurus that backfires.

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3 Mustang, 1967 Chevy Chevelle
Well I broke down and am saying screw the warranty that's left. I am having Cat less LTH's put on as well as an IC Chiller system then having Wengerd tune it. Hopefully I am making the right decision and that I don't have regrets.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Well I broke down and am saying screw the warranty that's left. I am having Cat less LTH's put on as well as an IC Chiller system then having Wengerd tune it. Hopefully I am making the right decision and that I don't have regrets.
Broke down how? What revision of the tune are you running with?

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Broke down how? What revision of the tune are you running with?

Meaning broke down mentally and saying screw the warranty

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Wengerd Performance
Any issues with the Wengerd tune? I have most of the parts and my build is similar to yours. How is it in normal drive mode?

Markuaw1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 gt mustang convertible 10 speed Roush 2650
He is great to deal with car is running great and drives great

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
The IC will solve the heat soak issue. Wengerd trans tune is much better than the stock Roush tune. You will be happy with the tune. Roush 2650 can make good power. Heat Soak and small TB are the Issue.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The IC will solve the heat soak issue. Wengerd trans tune is much better than the stock Roush tune. You will be happy with the tune. Roush 2650 can make good power. Heat Soak and small TB are the Issue.
The transmission tune for Roush is extremely violent. I’m actually debating on changing it to something else even before warranty is up.

im happy with the power but that transmission. Yuck!!

I just need to find a shop that can actually install an aftermarket tune

Last edited:

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
The transmission tune for Roush is extremely violent. I’m actually debating on changing it to something else even before warranty is up.

im happy with the power but that transmission. Yuck!!

I just need to find a shop that can actually install an aftermarket tune
You can do it yourself and street tune the car. Purchase the tune and device RTD+. Wengerd has how to video on his youtube channel.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
You can do it yourself and street tune the car. Purchase the tune and device RTD+. Wengerd has how to video on his youtube channel.

Good video step by step for him to setup for tuning. I’ll have to check his channel on how to street tune a car

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If you haven’t got the latest update from Roush this is what they told me it addresses.

We've included some service fixes to prevent cold start misfires along with improvements to low speed drivability and to the trans strategy. If you feel comfortable with how the car is acting, you don't need the update but it's something I'd recommend.