Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I FINALLY have a working engine after 9 months! 2nd engine was overheating and I managed to melt the cats after I was forced to put them back on. When they diagnosed the melted cats, they also found out the new engine needed a new thermostat because there was aluminum in the coolant system. Not sure why it was there but they flushed the system and the car is running strong again. Still gets hot but when the engine gauge shows it closing in on the red it will cool off quickly if you stop beating on it. Don't remember the old engine doing this but I also didn't keep pushing it when the temps were over 100 degrees.

New Roush tune seems to be okay. I still hate it though and will be loading up the Wengerd tune I have as soon as I am confident the engine isn't going to throw a CEL.

Peter15051

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT (Roush Supercharger)
If you drive in normal (D) driving mode it will feel like a slightly faster version of a stock car. You’ll only really notice a difference if you give the throttle a good stab. However, in sport, sport plus, track, drag, will all shift very aggressively. The best way I’ve found to mitigate this is simply do not let off the throttle during a shift—this tends to give a smoother experience.

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
If you drive in normal (D) driving mode it will feel like a slightly faster version of a stock car. You’ll only really notice a difference if you give the throttle a good stab. However, in sport, sport plus, track, drag, will all shift very aggressively. The best way I’ve found to mitigate this is simply do not let off the throttle during a shift—this tends to give a smoother experience.
yeah I’ve found that if you don’t let off. Or let off completely. It smooths the shift out. In the city I live in it’s often times not feasible to drive without letting off at stoplights. Many many many poor and new drivers in the greater Toronto area!

Peter15051

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
How does it handle in the icy roads? I live in Florida where that’s never a problem but just curious.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
How does it handle in the icy roads? I live in Florida where that’s never a problem but just curious.
She sleeps in the garage from November(ish) to April(ish)

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have found the Roush tune completely neuters Drag Mode shifts at WOT and short shifts 5th, 6th, 7th gears before 7k RPM. The tune I had from Wengerd puts the violent Drag Mode shifts back into the shifting strategy and holy shit is it amazing to experience with the blower installed. Breaking the tires free and squealing them at 110mph is crazy!!!! Make sure you have both hands on the wheel!

Peter15051

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Once my warranty is up I fully plan on having a pro tune done. We have a couple great tune shops within a few hours away. Palm Beach Dyno is probably where I’ll go. Vengeance racing is about six hours north but I don’t plan on going that far just for a tune. I admit I haven’t done a hard launch in drag mode since my install. I’d have to find a road with no traffic which isn’t easy around here unless I want my car impounded hahaha. Local PD is really cracking down.

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This thread is so long that I'm sure the answer is in here but I appreciate the help. I have the 80mm pulley on now and looking to go down. What's the 'go-to' for a '16? I have the E-85 fuel system and H/E. I'm planning to add catless headers and pulley down to gain some more. Thanks.

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Have now installed a Soler 95MM T/B. You have to install a cowl hood, as the TB has to be clocked upside down.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Have now installed a Soler 95MM T/B. You have to install a cowl hood, as the TB has to be clocked upside down.
What’s the diameter on the roush?

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Solar 95mm left me stranded. Tried the first WOT pull. Limp mode. Car won't run. Pulled codes all TB codes... Tow Truck time......

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Does anyone know how sct works with the Roush stuff? It came with an sct tuner and an
Uber safe aftermarket tune loaded. I’d like to revert back to stock Roush and sct gives the “return to stock” option but I don’t know if it’s stock ford or stock Roush.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Does anyone know how sct works with the Roush stuff? It came with an sct tuner and an
Uber safe aftermarket tune loaded. I’d like to revert back to stock Roush and sct gives the “return to stock” option but I don’t know if it’s stock ford or stock Roush.
ONE OF US ONE OF US!! Welcome to the fam.

You may want to take it to a professional Roush shop and have them load it in. It sounds like you may not have had a lot of clear information on the car from the previous owner?