Sponsored

Q&A with Mustang program manager

OP
OP

The Sarge

I read it as "there will be no Mustang on the new platform with a model year designation of 2014 1/2". To me, this leaves open the possibility of an anniversary edition, even though it would be a 2015.
I think what he was getting at is that it doesn't preclude the possibility of an S197 based anniversary edition. I disagree but I think that's what he meant.

To your point, wouldn't the 2015 HAVE to be the anniversary edition? There's a 50 years plaque on the passenger side and Ford isn't about to just skip over the big 50 since they do it every 5 years.
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
To your point, wouldn't the 2015 HAVE to be the anniversary edition? There's a 50 years plaque on the passenger side and Ford isn't about to just skip over the big 50 since they do it every 5 years.
Maybe some of them would get a special option to be designated as such, just like in 2004, when there was a 40th anniversary edition, which did happen to be on the old model.

crysalis_01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Terminator Cobra
From a sales point of view making the anniversary edition on the '14 will give buyers a reason to still buy the "old" s197.

The '15 will sell on its own merits. It doesn't need the anniv "help"

OP
OP

J.Darcy

From a sales point of view making the anniversary edition on the '14 will give buyers a reason to still buy the "old" s197.

The '15 will sell on its own merits. It doesn't need the anniv "help"
Where is it then and what are they waiting for? Sales are already really low.

I think that would be pretty lame offering it now just to push the last of the 14's. I imagine some people who just bought one will be upset not being offered the chance.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Q: Return of the glass roof or even a retractable glass roof like that of the Lincoln MKZ?
A: The new Mustang will not offer the fixed glass roof

What He is really saying is that the 2015 will offer a Glass Roof that Opens.

Q: Will there be a 2014 1/2 50th anniversary edition?
A: The all-new Mustang will be introduced as a 2015 model year in North America.

What He is really saying is that the All New Mustang will be Introduced as a 2015 Model, just as the Original Mustang was Officially Introduced Early in 1964 1/2 as a 1965 Model. He Did Not Deny that there wouldn't be an Anniversary Edition of the 2015.

People tend to forget that those 1964 1/2 Mustangs are Really and Truly Early 1965 Models. Ford Officialy considers 1965 the First Model Year of the Mustang.

Sponsored

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Q: People tend to forget that those 1964 1/2 Mustangs are Really and Truly Early 1965 Models. Ford Officialy considers 1965 the First Model Year of the Mustang.
That might be true but Ford has gone back and forth on the anniversary date. My 89 Gt is a a 25th anniversary car. Which Ford would have taken in that 64 was first year.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
That might be true but Ford has gone back and forth on the anniversary date. My 89 Gt is a a 25th anniversary car. Which Ford would have taken in that 64 was first year.
Very true my 90 GT is also badged 25th anniversary.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Hey, this is ripped from Mustang Evolution lol. I was the one who asked some of these questions. XD

OP
OP

Mriley

I could be wrong, but I think Ford refers to the 2015 Mustang as the 50th anniversary Mustang in a few places. I'll have to look and see if I can find it. I take the quote about the badging strategy to be referring to the 50th anniv. badge and nothing more. Just my guess.

WOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gokart
Q: Are 18" rims now the standard rim for the new mustang?
A: The new Mustang will feature 17"-20" wheels and we will release more details on the lug pattern later.

Is anyone concerned with a new Bolt Pattern?

Sponsored

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Is anyone concerned with a new Bolt Pattern?
Only the wheel companies. I would think that people waiting to order a 2015 would have realized by now that the old wheels probably wouldn't work even with the same bolt pattern. With the car being wider in the rear and having irs I highly doubt offsets are going to be the same. Then you have the much bigger brakes. I would think aftermarket wheels will have to made specific for the s550.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Only the wheel companies. I would think that people waiting to order a 2015 would have realized by now that the old wheels probably wouldn't work even with the same bolt pattern. With the car being wider in the rear and having irs I highly doubt offsets are going to be the same. Then you have the much bigger brakes. I would think aftermarket wheels will have to made specific for the s550.
Agree

jrm

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Go back and look at the photo for this interview, is that a blue oval on the rear end end, just above his shoulder???

OP
OP

GTsquid

Go back and look at the photo for this interview, is that a blue oval on the rear end end, just above his shoulder???
Wow I think you're absolutely right.

Here's a bigger pic of the one on the homepage...
PRAKASH.jpg