Pulled the Trigger on a GT350

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Congrats [MENTION=28442]bbudman[/MENTION]! 4k < is an awesome deal! Great color too!! Your wife will know the difference the first time you do a 8250 rpm pull :lol:
[MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION], first time I noticed the spoiler on your AG is AG. Is that stock? If not, how'd you match it up?
That was when the car was still in the wrapper. Just recently took all that stuff off. The grey wing is because it had shipping film on the carbon fiber.

The underlying point of the photo is these cars are very special, worth having two ;). There will never be another car like this again. It is sn example of the finest mustang ever built and will probably forever be remembered as one of the best cars in this moment in time (anywhere near this pricepoint).

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Ruby red GT350
Yep, same car. Nothing to see here, just move along....

picture.jpg
Donā€™t know how much iā€™d give to be able to wash my car in my driveway right now. :cheers:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
That was when the car was still in the wrapper. Just recently took all that stuff off. The grey wing is because it had shipping film on the carbon fiber.

The underlying point of the photo is these cars are very special, worth having two ;). There will never be another car like this again. It is sn example of the finest mustang ever built and will probably forever be remembered as one of the best cars in this moment in time (anywhere near this pricepoint).
Those colored stickers on your windshield remind me of the ones I used to have on my cars when I tracked/instructed with the Audi Club. Is that what they are from, and if so, how do you like driving with them?

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Ok thatā€™s great that you are financially able to trade a 17 GT for a new 17 GT350. $4K off a new 350 really surprised me. Didnā€™t realize the market is that soft. Iā€™ve been away for a while.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Those colored stickers on your windshield remind me of the ones I used to have on my cars when I tracked/instructed with the Audi Club. Is that what they are from, and if so, how do you like driving with them?

Yes, great bunch of guys. Those stickers are from the Daytona Audi club hpde back in December. I asked about becoming an instructor/coach and craig said "its a baptism by fire, sure come on in". I will follow up next december and start the process I guess. Why not? :shrug:

Next year, I'm going to ask about group 2. Group 3 had a mix of too many people driving parade laps, it was frustrating.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
We used to have Green, Yellow, Red and Black (instructor) groups. If that's Craig L. from Ohio, I've been on track with him many times. Although, being in Fla, maybe not, though he used to travel all over doing events for the club.

OP
OP

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Spent the entire day working on the car. Got the track bar, jacking rails, and IRS subframe support braces installed that I removed from the GT. I was concerned that it would be difficult getting the track brace spacers installed since the little wire that you hold to position them had been removed but i found that a 8" wire tie did just as well.

The rest of the afternoon I spent going over the entire car with a clay bar in preparation for waxing. Totally amazing how much it brought out the finish. Got it parked in the garage and going to put the cover on and finish up later in the week since I have to work out of town for the next four days.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Ok thatā€™s great that you are financially able to trade a 17 GT for a new 17 GT350. $4K off a new 350 really surprised me. Didnā€™t realize the market is that soft. Iā€™ve been away for a while.
I don't think the market is soft, we are two months into 2018 already. Time flies when you're having fun. And cars depreciate with time, even the GT350.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Spent the entire day working on the car. Got the track bar, jacking rails, and IRS subframe support braces installed that I removed from the GT. I was concerned that it would be difficult getting the track brace spacers installed since the little wire that you hold to position them had been removed but i found that a 8" wire tie did just as well.

The rest of the afternoon I spent going over the entire car with a clay bar in preparation for waxing. Totally amazing how much it brought out the finish. Got it parked in the garage and going to put the cover on and finish up later in the week since I have to work out of town for the next four days.
Congrats on the early surprise. How excited/giddy are you going to be while working out of town to get back home and rip that cover off the car to stare at it and keep working on it??? hahahaha

I have a similar feeling every spring when I take the cover off my Hellcat and bring it out of hibernation.

congratulations again.

I hope to be joining the 350 family soon.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Donā€™t know how much iā€™d give to be able to wash my car in my driveway right now. :cheers:
I have the next best thing for you - you can wash MY car in MY driveway :cheers:

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Congrats on the AG! It was my first color choice, but settled for the iconic white / blue stripes. Sigh...
Sponsored