Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
The Damn Tyre Repair POS in the Boot

Well as the the missus is still saying we don't need the Gnome spare, I decided to check the tyre compressor in the boot before we headed off for a 3000 km trip. My tyre was at 36 psi when I tried to attach the compressor and was 13 psi when I abandoned the idea and went down to Supercheap (in my other car) and bought a tyre compressor. I am a 59 yo engineer who has diy maintained my cars all my life. I suggest you all try the compressor before a long journey. It seemed to screw onto my old 4wd spare tyre OK, but not the Mustang's valves. Oh yes, new compressor works fine.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lets hope that you don't get the dreaded clunk.
Our car now has this issue, will be getting it looked at when it goes in for the first service next month. Mostly only notice it when going from Park to Reverse in the garage, but it does occasionally do it from park to drive when out and about.
Will also ask them to look at the rattle in the centre of the dash.
Have also developed a hollow metallic scraping noise while braking when you're close to stopping from the right front, happens nearly all the time, hot or cold, it's really loud when you're giving it medium to heavy pressure on the brake pedal. Had a quick look at the brakes and suspension and couldn't find anything obviously loose or rubbing that would cause the noise.

Coyote 16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Our car now has this issue, will be getting it looked at when it goes in for the first service next month. Mostly only notice it when going from Park to Reverse in the garage, but it does occasionally do it from park to drive when out and about.
Will also ask them to look at the rattle in the centre of the dash.
Have also developed a hollow metallic scraping noise while braking when you're close to stopping from the right front, happens nearly all the time, hot or cold, it's really loud when you're giving it medium to heavy pressure on the brake pedal. Had a quick look at the brakes and suspension and couldn't find anything obviously loose or rubbing that would cause the noise.
Hey Ed I had a similar problem not so long ago with the brakes where a small stone got stuck and caused a horrible noise similar to what you describe.

Last edited:

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
Well as the the missus is still saying we don't need the Gnome spare, I decided to check the tyre compressor in the boot before we headed off for a 3000 km trip. My tyre was at 36 psi when I tried to attach the compressor and was 13 psi when I abandoned the idea and went down to Supercheap (in my other car) and bought a tyre compressor. I am a 59 yo engineer who has diy maintained my cars all my life. I suggest you all try the compressor before a long journey. It seemed to screw onto my old 4wd spare tyre OK, but not the Mustang's valves. Oh yes, new compressor works fine.
Well, my wife said exactly the same thing, and after seeing your post, I went and tried compressor - same result!

Did you tackle Ford about it?

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Paint Work

The only real gripe is that my White GT has very fine speckles of black paint dots all over the front of the bonnet, and some of the wheels, and boot (trunk I guess). I only noticed them after completing the first wash and polish and then a hand applied Carnauba wax. I was then inspecting the results of my hours of labour under strong lighting only to discover these fine black speckles. If you imagine looking at white marble with some fine dots in it, that is what it looks like.

So not wanting to immediately undo all of my hard work I decided to attack one of my wheels first. The back wheels were much worst than the front. So I washed them with household detergent, sprayed them with a high quality wheel cleaner, then clayed them with medium clay. All the black dots came out quite easily, so then I applied a quality polish to the wheels and all better. I'm yet to get around to doing this to the whole car as it will be a days work.

To the credit of my dealer he has offered to have the car done by an independent professional car detailer when I get my first service. So I just might take him up on that.

I suspect that white and silver cars would show these tiny black dots up better than any other colour, but I bet they are there on most Australian models, why you ask.... Because I have no doubt that it is a fine overspray from the underbody black paint they are spraying Aussie bound Mustangs with. Hence why my rear wheels were way worse than my front, as the underbody black paint job is basically the back half of the car.

Best way to check is get your iPhone torch or an LED torch and take a real close look....I bet they're there.

I have also had my whole dash lights go out for like 10 to 20 seconds on two occasions, not sure it was after coming out of a tunnel either, just a strong change in light.

Cheers,

Sponsored

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Just an update on the Mt-82 noise.
The dealer agrees it's not good enough but the guy from Ford reckons it's ok!? So they're not doing anything about it!? They pulled the shifter out coz they were stuck on the track of it being transfered NVH through dodgy isolation rubber. Even though I told them and showed them when they drove it, that it was noise from outside the car!? You can hear it bouncing off armco etc. Seems most noisy in 2nd and now 4th. You can even hear a rumble when you bring the revs up in neutral with clutch out.
Dealer wants me to keep them updated with what it's doing up to 3k service and then have another go then.
Interestingly the customer service lady from Ford aust. rang me in the middle of all this so she has logged all of my concerns about this.
Sounds to me like I'm going to be fobbed off again by Ford though, if the guy is deaf now why would his ears improve later?

Rooster69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Has anyone experienced the radio not coming on after start up ......but then works if you turn the car off and then back on ......very strange has only been happening since Thursday last week....I havent done anything to the car only done 1500 kms ....weird.

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
To the credit of my dealer he has offered to have the car done by an independent professional car detailer when I get my first service. So I just might take him up on that.
I'd be more inclined to DIY unless they'll let you pick the detailer and you know one you trust. Many would just hit it with a polisher and given how thin factory paint is you'd lose a lot of the life and increase susceptibility to chips etc and that's if it goes well.

Sounds like all it needs is a clay so see if they'll pay for the cost of the clay, lube and a few towels instead of the detailer.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be more inclined to DIY unless they'll let you pick the detailer and you know one you trust. Many would just hit it with a polisher and given how thin factory paint is you'd lose a lot of the life and increase susceptibility to chips etc and that's if it goes well.

Sounds like all it needs is a clay so see if they'll pay for the cost of the clay, lube and a few towels instead of the detailer.
I agree. I'd be claying the car from end to end as a first priority. If nothing else, you'll at least get the bulk of it and reduce the aggression of the detailer.
I clayed mine as soon as I got it and was literally amazed at what came off a "new" car (bear in mind, your car is probably 3 months old when you receive it).

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT

I'd be inclined to see who the dealer would use. If it was my dealer I'd go with the detailer as the dealer uses a top guy on Mustangs.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Yes I must admit that my first instinct is to do it myself. I have all of the absolutely top shelf stuff from Car Care Products in Sydney, and I know a medium clay will get it off.

You may be right a pro detailer may get out the big orbital and a medium cut polish and then a finishing polish when all it needs is a clay, bond/seal and polish/wax.

MustangMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Convertible - Magnetic
Has anyone experienced the radio not coming on after start up ......but then works if you turn the car off and then back on ......very strange has only been happening since Thursday last week....I havent done anything to the car only done 1500 kms ....weird.
I've had this once - no radio, phone couldn't connect, no sat nav - screen said that there was no SD Card inserted, even though there was...

I stopped the car and turned it off for a few minutes to do a "shut down / restart" and when it came back on it worked fine. Has only happened the once, and that was a few months back now.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've had this once - no radio, phone couldn't connect, no sat nav - screen said that there was no SD Card inserted, even though there was...

I stopped the car and turned it off for a few minutes to do a "shut down / restart" and when it came back on it worked fine. Has only happened the once, and that was a few months back now.

I havnt had it that bad, I have had SYNC 2 not communicating with my phone correctly, (not playing music) but I have found switching to another source then back to bluetooth or usb gets it out of that 'glitch' and its back to normal.
Another gripe is SYNC 2 is pretty slow, I am looking at aftermarket options! hopefully something cool, and well designed/thought out is available soon, and a direct (ish) replacement is possible!

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I have the dreaded clunk in reverse - had to really insist they put it on a hoist and listen and they finally agreed there wa a problem. Has anyone had it repaired and what did they do?
Sponsored