WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Emailed my service manager the above photo of my distorted puddle light.

Received a prompt reply that it would be attended to when my car goes in next week for the decklid panel replacement.

Can't fault their service thus far.
Sponsored

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Reported the issue of my puddle light to my dealer when it went in for its first service 6 weeks ago, haven't heard a thing since.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so just back from the dealership where my driver's side puddle lamp and rear decklid panel were both replaced.

Issues with both, unfortunately.

The decklid panel, whilst a much better fit now than the one it replaced, still has a slight bulge around the camera (similar to the experience of @Red Stang 302 who also had this part replaced). I was fed some BS that the foam padding behind the panel needed to settle and that it would then fall into shape :doh:. I'm happy enough with it for now, but I suspect that it will be going back again for correction at some stage.

As I mentioned in another thread, the reversing camera guidance lines were not working when I picked it up (was reminded by @Red Stang 302 to check :hail:). The service advisor was told by the tech that it could probably be fixed in the settings - I told the advisor that others had experienced this issue and that the system needed resetting. After unsuccessfully messing around with the settings, it was taken away and promptly fixed (after, I suspect, a system reset).

I didn't check the puddle lamp replacement as the car was outside in bright sunshine. Not much could go wrong with that, I thought. Now it's not a huge issue, but when I got home I noticed that the pony is now galloping at a bit of an angle which puts it on a collision course with the side of the car (pic below). This may bother those of you afflicted with OCD.

Another thing (and I'm sure this is not in my head), the reversing sensors now make a different pitched sound than they used to. Not an issue, just an observation.

Despite these issues, I must say that my dealership has the friendliest service department that I have ever dealt with.
ponyangle.jpg

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Well my Stang I've had since last friday has already gone back.:mad:
The MT-82 gearbox is stuffed. I noticed a slight whine in 1st and 2nd when I first drove off and occasionally some clutch shudder. The longer I drove it the worse it got. Sounds like layshaft bearings and/or input bearing. I'm sure anyone nearby thought I already had a blower:frusty:
MT-82-SHIT.jpg

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The joies out there are kicking the panels on the lot, thats why some are outta line!!!!

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well my Stang I've had since last friday has already gone back.:mad:
The MT-82 gearbox is stuffed. I noticed a slight whine in 1st and 2nd when I first drove off and occasionally some clutch shudder. The longer I drove it the worse it got. Sounds like layshaft bearings and/or input bearing. I'm sure anyone nearby thought I already had a blower:frusty:
oh wow ! Thats super unfortunate. I get mad whine on the hwy around 120/130 but apparently thats pretty normal. Clutch shudder happens in 1st and 2nd if you have recently burnt the clutch out a bit but does wear away and gets better. Definitely not whining in 1st and 2nd though. Let us know what happens

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Super unfortunate yes Phil.:mad:
Most annoying considering it was my major concern before ordering the car. I've heard about the massive amount of problems with that gearbox from it's first use. I suppose I hoped it was a thing of the past:frusty:
I knew it shoulda had a TR6060 from the start...like a GT350!!

Freman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco boost 21-10-16
Took delivery of mine on 21/10/16.

Pulling out of dealer, clutch shudder. Has happened several times but I haven't noticed it after the first 2 days. Worn the shudder out of it I'm hoping.

Transmission/Drivetrain bearing noise. Yep I'm hearing it every now and again its loud but its intermittent (the best type of fault :-) ).

My Boot deck-lid? (the pony emblem on the back) one side sticks out and is not flush with the passenger side light assembly when closed. This was one of the optional extras I got with the car so the dealer would have had to take the original off to fit the new one.

Reverse Line guides missing.

I was just going to get them to fix the the cosmetic stuff at the first 3k service.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Most annoying considering it was my major concern before ordering the car. I've heard about the massive amount of problems with that gearbox from it's first use. I suppose I hoped it was a thing of the past:frusty:
Oh really, i didnt see too many issues with them, nothing out of the ordinary (nothing can be perfect right). Agree though, wish it had the TR6060. They do drop straight in so could be an option later on down the track

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Unfortunate is an understatement :mad:
Hope you get this sorted soon, would be interested to hear how the dealer is treating this as just like you, this was my main concern with the MT82, I almost swapped to Automatic half way through the order

Sponsored

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue

Sounds like you need to turn on the parking pilot function to fix this one.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My Boot deck-lid? (the pony emblem on the back) one side sticks out and is not flush with the passenger side light assembly when closed. This was one of the optional extras I got with the car so the dealer would have had to take the original off to fit the new one.

Sounds like you need to turn on the parking pilot function to fix this one.
I suspect that it's related to his deck lid being swapped out.

Same thing happened to mine as described in my post further up the page.

A system reset by the dealer should see the reversing guide lines return.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
Glad I went with auto:clap2:
Couple of my mates both with GT's are all extremely happy with their flappy paddle autos and have not had any issues.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I went with auto:clap2:
Couple of my mates both with GT's are all extremely happy with their flappy paddle autos and have not had any issues.
Lets hope that you don't get the dreaded clunk.

:thumbsup:

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT

Pulling out of dealer, clutch shudder. Has happened several times but I haven't noticed it after the first 2 days. Worn the shudder out of it I'm hoping.

Transmission/Drivetrain bearing noise. Yep I'm hearing it every now and again its loud but its intermittent (the best type of fault :-) ).

I was just going to get them to fix the the cosmetic stuff at the first 3k service.
Hi,
lots of posts regarding loosing the guide lines when the rear camera is replaced.
basically the new camera will need to be initialized in the BCM module.
( the camera,s are not plug and play)
dealer service dept should have the procedure to reset it)
Sponsored