Sponsored

Prevent scratches on black trunk panel?

LBStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 V6 MT
Do you guys have any tips on preventing scratches on the black panel? Seems like I keep getting more and more...:frusty:
Sponsored

ACR2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/PP
How much would that cost?
Depends on the PPF brand you want (Xpel, Suntek, etc.) and what installation company you go through. I work for a PPF business here in Sacramento, CA but unfortunately I don't make any decisions on what we charge our clients.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
maybe try applying a sealant and wax ? and always use a microfiber cloth to dry/wipe it in the same direction every time. no heavy rubbing.

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
maybe try applying a sealant and wax ? and always use a microfiber cloth to dry/wipe it in the same direction every time. no heavy rubbing.
It's soft black plastic. Even the act of applying and removing the sealant or wax will scratch it. Not much you can do unfortunately.

webelevy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Ingot Silver,Recaros, 20in Foundr
I respectfully disagree. Scratches are most often induced due to improper technique and/or inferior products. I rinseless wash my car once a week (Optimum no Rinse Wash and Shine) using a spray wax (Optimum Car Wax) or sealant (Optimum Opti-Seal) as a drying aid and have not induced any swirls or scratches in the panel. I use this micro fiber drying towel (https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Premium...8-3&keywords=big+blue+microfiber+drying+towel). I wash the panel using very little pressure with a straight line motion. If I need to get in around the letters, I will use a detailing brush. I do not scrub with the wash medium. I dry the panel immediately using very little pressure. I do not rub the panel. This method with these materials gives me a spot free shine with no scratches or swirls.

Hope this is helpful.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I respectfully disagree. Scratches are most often induced due to improper technique and/or inferior products. I rinseless wash my car once a week (Optimum no Rinse Wash and Shine) using a spray wax (Optimum Car Wax) or sealant (Optimum Opti-Seal) as a drying aid and have not induced any swirls or scratches in the panel. I use this micro fiber drying towel (https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Premium...8-3&keywords=big+blue+microfiber+drying+towel). I wash the panel using very little pressure with a straight line motion. If I need to get in around the letters, I will use a detailing brush. I do not scrub with the wash medium. I dry the panel immediately using very little pressure. I do not rub the panel. This method with these materials gives me a spot free shine with no scratches or swirls.

Hope this is helpful.
This - I wash my car pretty frequently (its my therapy) and have 0 scratches. Quality products (I am an Adams Polishes guy) and you will be fine. I honestly don't treat it any different than any other part of the car other than I don't clay or past wax it. I just use Adams H2O guard on it rather than regular wax.
Sponsored