Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
Small world! I recently sold my Audi and stepped into a Mustang. What exhaust did my S4 have? AWE of course, through my local tuner Matrix Integrated. I guess I will have to see if Jeremy will let a Mustang into the shop for another AWE install! ;)

Are you offering, or is it possible, to take a modular approach to installing your exhaust? Similar to what Borla does. Whereas I can buy a Touring axle-back system to use with my stock resonator and in the event that I want more volume I can purchase an AWE mid section to complete the cat back system?

Thanks for your time Josh and I look forward to having you on another forum and seeing what other awesome products you and your team roll out for the S550.
PDX reminds me of someone on Audizine. Same person maybe?

Welcome to the S550 crowd, I came from a B8.5 S4 myself.
Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
I don't know if AWE is still around on this post but I want to know how they justify the 450 dollar cost on the track edition axle back. Its a piece of bent pipe and a tip.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
PDX reminds me of someone on Audizine. Same person maybe?

Welcome to the S550 crowd, I came from a B8.5 S4 myself.
This still continues to make me smirk. :cheers:

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Any updates?

Hey everyone. I have ordered up the Touring axle-back system. After hearing the cat-back along with my prior experience using AWE exhaust on my Audi I felt comfortable pulling the trigger sight unseen (or should I say Ear Unheard?). I am hoping to have a sound clip or two up by next weekend or so using this system with the factory resonator. Perhaps with an H-Pipe too shortly after. All of the user uploads have been so helpful to me that I'd like to provide the same for the next buyer. Hopefully this will suffice for most or at least hold them over until American Muscle has the opportunity to do their standard clips. Stay tuned!

Props to the very nice people at AWE when I phoned my order in. Very thorough, knowledgeable and excellent service that you don't get everywhere these days.
Keith_PDX: Any updates on your axleback install? How are you liking it? Did you make any videos you can post?

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Keith_PDX: Any updates on your axleback install? How are you liking it? Did you make any videos you can post?
The FedEx guy is scheduled to drop it off Wednesday afternoon. It took a little longer to get here than I originally anticipated. Video should be up by next weekend if it doesn't rain the entire second half of the week. I do live in the PNW. :cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The FedEx guy is scheduled to drop it off Wednesday afternoon. It took a little longer to get here than I originally anticipated. Video should be up by next weekend if it doesn't rain the entire second half of the week. I do live in the PNW. :cheers:
Add one of those resonated X-pipes and it'll sing sweet sweet music.

Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
[MENTION=28774]Josh/AWE[/MENTION] on your guy's chart of sound levels, where do you think the axleback with a plain H-pipe will fall sound wise?

Basically, how much louder will it be without those bullet resonators you guys have on the full catback?

Do those resonators do anything for the tone as well, or is it just for volume control?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
[MENTION=28774]Josh/AWE[/MENTION] on your guy's chart of sound levels, where do you think the axleback with a plain H-pipe will fall sound wise?

Basically, how much louder will it be without those bullet resonators you guys have on the full catback?

Do those resonators do anything for the tone as well, or is it just for volume control?
They impact both tone and volume, Minion. I am not sure what to make of "plain h-pipe", though :shrug:

Note the axle-backs are not the same diameter as the rear sections of the cat-backs.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
[MENTION=28774]Josh/AWE[/MENTION] - Are the polished/chrome exhaust tips coated or treated (such as ceramic coating) so they don't discolor from the heat?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
[MENTION=28774]Josh/AWE[/MENTION] - Are the polished/chrome exhaust tips coated or treated (such as ceramic coating) so they don't discolor from the heat?
Negative. Our tips are chrome plated to prevent discoloring, and double-walled -- which also helps protect them from discoloration.

Last edited: