Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Would you say at any point you are upset with the additional in cabin sound? Is there any disappointments with daily driving the car, or long highway commutes where the exhaust sound wears on you in anyway? You stated it is louder, is that to the point of grabbing attention? Lastly do you prefer the tone compared to the corsa?

A lot of questions, but gearing to spend upwards to $2k so want to make the right decision the first time, again thank you!
To answer you questions in order:

-I'll be 100% honest with you. The AWE took me by surprise and is louder than I expected inside the car, but it is not too loud. It is controllable volume. If I want it quiet, I just chill on the accelerator. I think the name "touring" gives people the impression this is a quiet set up....LOL...no this is definitely a loud set up whilst you are accelerating.

-I daily the car, and it is absolutely fine for the daily driving. Cruising at constant RPM is very tame and not overbaring in the cabin.

-Yes, this exhaust will get you attention if you are accelerating. It sounds like a thunderous V8, just as I wanted :D

-Do I prefer the tone? Yes. No regrets on the change of tone with the AWE.

-Spending $2K? No, I spent around $1350 buying it from American Muscle. I got the Touring catback with polished tips.
Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
SoCalTim - Do you think the other mods you've made result in more exhaust sound from your AWE Touring exhaust? I didn't see any reference to aftermarket headers - so I assume you are running with stock headers? Thanks much!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
SoCalTim - Do you think the other mods you've made result in more exhaust sound from your AWE Touring exhaust? I didn't see any reference to aftermarket headers - so I assume you are running with stock headers? Thanks much!
Correct, stock headers and cats all OEM.

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Correct, stock headers and cats all OEM.
But you're pushing more air volume out of the tailpipe because of the supercharger which would increase pressure and flow through the mufflers. The engineer in me says that would make it different sound wise than a stock normally aspirated car. Is it enough that the average person can tell? Dunno, not my specialty, I am just thinking out loud. :thumbsup:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
But you're pushing more air volume out of the tailpipe because of the supercharger which would increase pressure and flow through the mufflers. The engineer in me says that would make it different sound wise than a stock normally aspirated car. Is it enough that the average person can tell? Dunno, not my specialty, I am just thinking out loud. :thumbsup:
There is truth to this. The explosions, whilst happening at the same time thus creating the same frequency of sounds, are significantly more energetic, thus, louder.

Sponsored

LoveMyWheels

LoveMyWheels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volker
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base, Automatic Transmision
Awesome that you have first hand experience with both and thank you very much for responding. I know some may not agree with me, but through video it just seems many of the exhausts available for the car are raspy and high pitched. I don't get it. The AWE sounds like a true muscle car to me. I know sometimes we (myself included) want something mean and loud to the point we forget we have to daily drive this thing. Would you say at any point you are upset with the additional in cabin sound? Is there any disappointments with daily driving the car, or long highway commutes where the exhaust sound wears on you in anyway? You stated it is louder, is that to the point of grabbing attention? Lastly do you prefer the tone compared to the corsa?

A lot of questions, but gearing to spend upwards to $2k so want to make the right decision the first time, again thank you!
Just a quick input from my side as I installed the AWE Touring catback yesterday. My car is 2015 Mustang GT base model with automatic transmission, no other modification and 6000 miles on odometer. I am coming from the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back with stock resonator. My first impression: drone is well suppressed but the interior noise level was much higher than I expected from all the reviews that I read in this forum. I will post a more detailed opinion in my other thread in a couple of days.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Just a quick input from my side as I installed the AWE Touring catback yesterday. My car is 2015 Mustang GT base model with automatic transmission, no other modification and 6000 miles on odometer. I am coming from the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back with stock resonator. My first impression: drone is well suppressed but the interior noise level was much higher than I expected from all the reviews that I read in this forum. I will post a more detailed opinion in my other thread in a couple of days.
Interior noise level when getting on it, or even highway cruising?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Cruising is fine, no loud noises in the cabin.

LoveMyWheels

LoveMyWheels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volker
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base, Automatic Transmision
Interior noise level when getting on it, or even highway cruising?
I need more time to evaluate, btw Happy Easter. :)
As I said, from first start up and 3 miles of driving not what I expected. More next weekend.

Sponsored

2016dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I agree with previous posts, interior sound level is considerably louder than expected with AWE Touring. Cruising is fine. Loud inside and out under any acceleration.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I think many are expecting a quieter exhaust because they are called "touring". I bought my AWE because i wanted a louder exhaust than my Corsa Sports and ordered them right after [MENTION=18539]SoCalTim[/MENTION] confirmed they were louder/deeper in his review thread.

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
anyone heard or have any experience with the track/touring exhaust with catless headers? ive seen the sound clip with catted headers but havent heard the track with longtubes

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Just going to leave this here

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]POFzZrPDoH8[/MEDIA]"]

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Excellent! Published today! Thanks for the heads up.

2:28 says it best "Honestly guys for a system that is described as a Touring System, which is a term usually used to describe a more mild offering, AWE's version here definitely has some cajones". Yet at 1:40 he says its "completely quiet inside the car". He also states its quieter than Roush or Flowmaster Outlaw. All comments with the stock resonator.

Mine go on this week and I will push a sound clip too.
Sponsored