Sponsored

Premier Trim Color Accent

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I ordered this option for the better quality leather and trim. I chose charcoal, so I am getting red seat inserts?

The pic and description is from cotus:

The Premier Trim with Color Accent Group includes a charcoal black interior environment with color-accented seats, Unique door trim and aluminum I/P panel. Available for the 2015 Mustang GT Premium model.

Thnx
image.jpg
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
You're only getting the red inserts if you ordered the redline interior. You must have the premium interior option chosen first. Then you can either get the ebony interior or the redline interior. Choosing the 50th anniversary appearance package automatically gives you the premium interior only with a raven colored seats and door panels.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
The Price & Build has never displayed the different options accurately. It has always displayed the Premier Trim w/ Redline regardless as to whether you had Charcoal or Redline selected. Source of a lot of consternation for many of us.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Here is B&P with Ebony and Redline
ebony.jpg
redline.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
So if you choose charcoal as part of the color accent pkg and not redline, how do you get "color accented seats" per the description in post #1? It appears the seat top surfaces and inner door panels are done in another/contrasting color.

Thnx

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
The Price & Build has never displayed the different options accurately. It has always displayed the Premier Trim w/ Redline regardless as to whether you had Charcoal or Redline selected. Source of a lot of consternation for many of us.
Indeed.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
So if you choose charcoal as part of the color accent pkg and not redline, how do you get "color accented seats" per the description in post #1? It appears the seat top surfaces and inner door panels are done in another/contrasting color.

Thnx
No, that's not what you get. If you choose 68B with Ebony, you get black interior, with silver/white contrast stitching on the dash, door cards, shift boot and console lid. (If you choose Redline, all the stitching is red and the seat faces and door cards are a rich brick red.) "Premier COLOR Accent" is a bit of a misnomer in Ebony. Redline is the ONLY interior (other than the 1964 LE cars) that has anything other than black door cards.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
this is the secret option not many guys don't know about, thus they have been wondering why their upper door panels are hard cheap plastic, and they wonder why they don't have the real stitched leather dash instead of the faux stitched leather dash. Not to mention all the extra premium white stitching on the dash, seats, shifter, center cushioned storage armrest etc etc...I think this wasn't really well described on the Ford site and many have missed out on this option, for a such a low cost it provides for a more upscale interior.

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was confused on this too until I went to the dealer. I looked at a 50th Anniversary Package car with black interior. I noticed all the nice white stitching and soft touch door panels. The sales guy said the only way to get all that was to order the Premium Trim Package 68B or the 50th Anniversary Package. I'm glad my sales guy was knowledgeable or I may have missed out!

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
You're only getting the red inserts if you ordered the redline interior. You must have the premium interior option chosen first. Then you can either get the ebony interior or the redline interior. Choosing the 50th anniversary appearance package automatically gives you the premium interior only with a raven colored seats and door panels.
Just to clear the air. Raven is the same color as Ebony. It has been confirmed that they only changed the name with the 50th package. The color is the same.

This is incorrect...and others have already mentioned it as well. It shows both if you select the correct option.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
No, that's not what you get. If you choose 68B with Ebony, you get black interior, with silver/white contrast stitching on the dash, door cards, shift boot and console lid. (If you choose Redline, all the stitching is red and the seat faces and door cards are a rich brick red.) "Premier COLOR Accent" is a bit of a misnomer in Ebony. Redline is the ONLY interior (other than the 1964 LE cars) that has anything other than black door cards.
Got it, thanks.
So essentially I'm getting a silver GT over black with white contrast stitching and better leather and materials. For $395 it's a bargain :D

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So this may have been answered elsewhere. What exactly does this mean: "aluminum I/P panel"

My car is a Performance Package with the engine turned aluminum dash. I guess "aluminum I/P panel" is referring to something else.

aeropaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
My dealer accidentally put the 68B interior on my order. Boy was I glad. The dash and door panels are nice, especially because i put my arm in the door panel and get to feel the nice leather. The seats are a more supple leather, I think (I haven't sat in/seen a "regular premium" to compare to). It's really worth it, and you won't be disappointed.

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My dealer accidentally put the 68B interior on my order. Boy was I glad. The dash and door panels are nice, especially because i put my arm in the door panel and get to feel the nice leather. The seats are a more supple leather, I think (I haven't sat in/seen a "regular premium" to compare to). It's really worth it, and you won't be disappointed.
Could you post some pics of the door panels, seats and dash when you get a chance.
Sponsored