Potential buyer here, question inside

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey SS if you wanna come down to Dearborn I'd be more than willing to help you find what you need or even order it if you would like to go that route. I sent you a DM so check your inbox if you're interested. Regardless I believe you will enjoy the car, I agree with other posters after a few hundred miles the car comes alive. My own is just over 6k and can be a handful at times:cheers:
Sponsored

cashdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
I have order the exact car you are thinking about, base GT with PP and Recaros. To enter sport mode, hit the traction control button twice quick and then look at the screen between the tach and speedo. Now you will have a beast :-)
I was under the impression that the base GTs didn't have selectable drive modes. Is this assumption incorrect?

OP
OP

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
Thanks for all the comments everyone, especially those confirming a slight power boost after a few hundred miles.

E30, really appreciate your time writing up that post and totally agree with all the points!

Joseph, I will be calling you shortly.

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
cashdude, they do, I did a post last year asking this question. there is a selectable drive mode in the base GT.

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
cashdude, they do, I did a post last year asking this question. there is a selectable drive mode in the base GT.
I can confirm this as well. sport mode is there as well as the ability to turn traction control off and defeat the system entirely.

Sponsored

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
I can say that mine got stronger after break-in, very noticeable after about 1,000 miles.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Hello all,

I'm looking into purchasing a 2015 Mustang GT with the track pack and Recaro seat options. This will be my first Mustang and most of all, first new car purchase from a dealer.

Drove one at the dealer lot and enjoyed it, however. After it was warmed up and driving around a bit, I got on it a little and was sort of unimpressed with the power output. I'm quite technically inclined and inquired about this and one of the sales people said thats due to a break in tune that lasts for the first 500 miles.

Can anyone confirm of this tune and does the power increase after? Better yet, has your car felt just as fast as initially purchasing as it does after a few hundred or thousand miles?

I've researched the quality issues and its worrying to say the least, I'll be sure to do an extensive look over before purchasing. I'm sure I'll have more questions but thats what I initially wanted to ask now.

Thanks for any help!
What car did you come from previously? Unimpressed with the power output. Really?

I'm not buying it. You are in Michigan, right? If you gassed it (break-in or not and in normal, sport, or track mode) with those rock hard tires your rear end should of been loose from 1st to 4th gear.

Either that car is a dud or you suck at choosing the right gear to put you back in your seat.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
What car did you come from previously? Unimpressed with the power output. Really?

I'm not buying it. You are in Michigan, right? If you gassed it (break-in or not and in normal, sport, or track mode) with those rock hard tires your rear end should of been loose from 1st to 4th gear.

Either that car is a dud or you suck at choosing the right gear to put you back in your seat.
I guess you can believe what want.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I too was unimpressed when I first got the car, after about 1000km things got better, but certainly not mind blowing power in stock form.

And, if he actually was in transport mode as indicated, well, there you go.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
I guess you can believe what want.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I too was unimpressed when I first got the car, after about 1000km things got better, but certainly not mind blowing power in stock form.

And, if he actually was in transport mode as indicated, well, there you go.
Okay ya'll are just greedy. You couldn't even own a new car with this much power unless you were filthy rich a decade ago. Additionally, if you want to chime in and think the same, tell me what car you previously came from????

I get the impression people think the more jarring and louder the car is determines the car's powerfulness.

Here is what I mean...If you had two roller coasters side-by-side and the only difference was one was a wooden roller coaster and the other was a newer design you would feel unimpressed of the newer roller coaster because it was smooth and didn't jiggle you around in the seat. Both going the same speed, same turns, and all...I put money down people would think the wooden roller coaster is faster and more impressive and the newer roller coaster would feel slow when in fact they were all the same speed.

To me that is refinement and IMO refinement is not something to be unimpressed about

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

It's possible he's into Chivys and trolling the forum. :)

Maybe not, though. Although the thing about winding it all the way up in third made me doubt him. If he did he was definitely exceeding the speed limit.

I have a base GT and it is a little slow and sluggish in comparison to my 2011 GT with 3.73 gears. I wish I had gotten 3.73 or higher numerical gears on my 2015. They really wake the car up.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Sensitive much? Is he not allowed his opinion....

OP
OP

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok - some of you people seriously get worked up a little bit too much about your cars.

Thanks for those who actually had constructive comments. The car felt much better today, especially in sport mode.

I'm not a brand fan boy like most here. If its a fun car and has what I want, I'll get it regardless of brand. With that being said, a deposit has been placed and pending the sale of my car next Tuesday its mine.

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
Ok - some of you people seriously get worked up a little bit too much about your cars.

Thanks for those who actually had constructive comments. The car felt much better today, especially in sport mode.

I'm not a brand fan boy like most here. If its a fun car and has what I want, I'll get it regardless of brand. With that being said, a deposit has been placed and pending the sale of my car next Tuesday its mine.
Congrats! Supercharge that bad boy, that'll wake it up.

OP
OP

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Supercharge that bad boy, that'll wake it up.
Thanks! It will be staying relatively stock until warranty is gone. Considering this is my first Ford, how are the dealers regarding warranty work and modifications on the car? Really only looking to do exhaust at this point but I've heard horror stories of dealerships (of any brand) threatening to revoke the warranty due to mods.

Lets hope the MT-82 in these does better than the last generation :D
Sponsored