Potential buyer here, question inside

OP
OP

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
I'm not looking to make big power out of it, just have a fun car to drive around. I've done an exhausting amount of research on the 5.0 power train the past few weeks so I know what they're capable of.

If you're driving a PP, throw it in sport everything and row some gears... It should be plenty
Sounds like a plan to me.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If it was in transport mode it definitely won't give you the full output. Make sure when you drive again to have them take it out of that mode. I'd also definitely recommend putting it in sport mode as others suggested.

OP
OP

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it was in transport mode it definitely won't give you the full output. Make sure when you drive again to have them take it out of that mode. I'd also definitely recommend putting it in sport mode as others suggested.
I figured so, thanks for the information.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I noticed a big difference when it broke in. Now granted, I took it easy most of the first 500 miles, but opened it up on occasion.
Also, cold running performs completely different than after driving for 15 min.
And in transport mode? I thought that had a top speed of 30 MPH?

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I'm coming from a 3950-4000 pound car with a 500HP 5L V10. Trust me, the Stang feels fast and more torquey (more shove). Infact, here my review of the output.

The power def wakes up as you break it in and it gets louder. This is in normal mode. In sport its an animal - to the point where I'm reconsidering a tune. Will do catback though for the sound!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17054&highlight=singing

Sponsored

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
I'm coming from a 2003 Cobra and a 2014 Shelby. The 15 is very much refined, but lacks that big punch in the face. A whipple will fix that.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I'm coming from a 2003 Cobra and a 2014 Shelby. The 15 is very much refined, but lacks that big punch in the face. A whipple will fix that.
Cant imagine what the 665HP 14's felt when uncorked. I was close to buying one but chickened out! I heard though that a lot of the power went up in smoke as the rear would spin (except in prepped drag surfaces?)

OP
OP

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drove a 2013 GT500 for a day or two. If I remember correctly I didn't have an issue with second gear hooking up but boy did that thing move out. Even with three larger gentlemen in it!

Also, Valentino, M5/M6? Glorious engine noise that S50 makes.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I drove a 2013 GT500 for a day or two. If I remember correctly I didn't have an issue with second gear hooking up but boy did that thing move out. Even with three larger gentlemen in it!

Also, Valentino, M5/M6? Glorious engine noise that S50 makes.
Thanks, it did, esp with the Dinan exhaust - amazing V10 wail although I suspect the Corsa Xtreme will make the GT sound equally insane, in a more burly way. Here is a snap of my old baby (the new owner wants to join me and the S550 for drives and will be bringing my old car along!).
279940_10100451639687247_1478556353_o.jpg
470813_10100386027898797_1150961405_o.jpg
467856_10100386028657277_243281534_o.jpg

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I must be lucky. I've done a few burnout with and without line lock and I've never had even a hint of wheel hop.
Wheel hop happens more when you're trying to get traction not when you're trying to do a burnout.

Sponsored

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
I have order the exact car you are thinking about, base GT with PP and Recaros. To enter sport mode, hit the traction control button twice quick and then look at the screen between the tach and speedo. Now you will have a beast :-)

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Sport mode does not make the car any faster. With the more aggressive throttle mapping in Sport mode, the car feels peppier at part throttle, but if you opened it wide (full throttle) on your test drive, doing the same in sport mode isn't going to make the car any faster (or feel any faster).

If you really were in transport mode (it would have said so on the display screen), then that was your problem.

This said, as others have indicated, after about 500 miles or so, the car does wake up. After receiving mine, I posted a very similar thread about being underwhelmed by the power.

Honestly, while it is better now, I still am a little underwhelmed. Part of it though (maybe a lot of it) has to do with me being at about 3600 feet.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Hello all,

I'm looking into purchasing a 2015 Mustang GT with the track pack and Recaro seat options. This will be my first Mustang and most of all, first new car purchase from a dealer.

Drove one at the dealer lot and enjoyed it, however. After it was warmed up and driving around a bit, I got on it a little and was sort of unimpressed with the power output. I'm quite technically inclined and inquired about this and one of the sales people said thats due to a break in tune that lasts for the first 500 miles.

Can anyone confirm of this tune and does the power increase after? Better yet, has your car felt just as fast as initially purchasing as it does after a few hundred or thousand miles?

I've researched the quality issues and its worrying to say the least, I'll be sure to do an extensive look over before purchasing. I'm sure I'll have more questions but thats what I initially wanted to ask now.

Thanks for any help!
Although I have only had brief seat time in the GT, the car IS a Grand Tourer and weighs 36-3800lbs. This mustang is solid as a vault. It can be as serene and docile as a lexus when not hooning. This generation is a quite a bit more buttoned down, so there is less drama and better manners. Figure this car can easily run with the last gen M3, but it may not feel like it behind the wheel because it is so easy. Driving a convertible is a big difference in feel because you are exposed to the speed and sound. The exhaust is now quieter. My EB loosened up after break in a little bit, but sport mode has a noticeable difference in throttle response (stick). Finally, coming from a Cobalt, any FWD low modded car will feel flightier by butt dyno.

Quality issues? Aside from a select number of vehicles with first year panel fitment (NONE of which I have on my car), all of which is warrantied, I have yet to find any problems on this car. I drive the F out of mine (not abusively, but a heavy commuter). The 5.0 is more reliable than what I perceive for my EB. Its not a first year engine, its been improved on since m.y.2011. The same with both transmissions with standard oil coolers, MFT, safety technology, steering, etc. As a matter of fact, the only components of this car that are 'unproven' for durability are in the new suspension parts. Unless the diffs totally fail, you are smooth sailing there, and something tells me they made them reliable if line lock is standard lol. If you daily'd a modified Cobalt SS (no offense to that car at all), you will be perfectly safe and sound running in this as far as durability, and I put money on it being more so than the boosted chevy.

All problems you see on the discussion forums are not necessarily plaguing the entire model run. It is a small percentage of cars but over-represented here because no one wants to read "I had a trouble free commute today...", where "DRIVESHAFT EXPLODED AND NOW THE POWER SEAT STOPPED WORKING" is going to stick.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
"DRIVESHAFT EXPLODED AND NOW THE POWER SEAT STOPPED WORKING"
You better be careful with statements like that. I can see the Yahoo News headline now:

'2015 Mustang driveshaft explodes and makes the power seat stop working!'
Mustang6g.com user e30og reports that his brand new 2015 Mustang's driveshaft exploded and rendered his power seat inoperable.

hmm come to think of it .. they would probably just copy-paste the post. ;)

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
ahahaha

HUYERS BEWARE!!
Sponsored