Sponsored

Popping exhaust: Yes please.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I have an H pipe and the Roush AB and I can tell you I had the pop sound when letting off the gas and it sounded good . I put a JLT CAI and a Lund 93 Tune on my car with an N Gauge and I don't know how or why but my exhaust no longer does this and sounds more tame :( especially at an idle and when letting off the gas . Maybe someone can explain?
The tune adjusted your air fuel ratio. The car is probably running a bit leaner than it did with the stock tune. That's my guess :cheers:.
Sponsored

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
I have some videos on my gopro, need to get around to uploading them

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
Great videos and sounds...but they are all GT's. What a broke guy can do with a EB to sound Aggressive ( I know , I know...will never sound like a GT)! What is the best and cheaper setup to wake up the neighbors?

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
you shoulda heard my 15 mini cooper s with cat delete downpipe an no reso or muffler. it sounded like it was throwing cherry bombs out the tailpipe. something with the sportmode tune from the factory. i was also running 15psi vs. 8 from the factory.

Sponsored

amilhazes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, CO, 3.55, 20" prem's
CJ's Res-delete X-pipe with Roush Axle back- Greatest sound ever- W/ POPPING!

I'm seeing a few videos of the new 5.0 4V exhaust notes, but none have had that popping/crackling sound or the 4V (like the 2003/4 Mach and Cobra)...if anyone swaps out their exhaust to an o/r X pipe with longtubes or anything like that, would you let me know if the popping starts?

some people hate the sound, I love it. post videos if you would.

Thanks.

EDIT: It's been one year, has anyone heard/have a setup that pops like the 2003/4 Mach 1 and Cobras?

I HAVE THE X PIPE TO ROUSH AXLES, FULLY WELDED SETUP.. ASIDE FROM IT BEING LITERALLY ONE OF THE GREATEST SOUNDS I HAVE EVER HEARD ON THIS PLANET, I DO GET THE OCCASIONAL POPS WHEN I SHIFT.. ALL I CAN SAY IS..... "MUFASSA!!!"......"OOOOOOOOH"

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
you shoulda heard my 15 mini cooper s with cat delete downpipe an no reso or muffler. it sounded like it was throwing cherry bombs out the tailpipe. something with the sportmode tune from the factory. i was also running 15psi vs. 8 from the factory.
funny you say that my 2003 r53 cooper s(supercharged) burbled and popped very nicely after the pulley catback and tune :headbang: and thats what i was thinking as i am reading this thread lol

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
I have the Corsa Sport catback and it cracks/pops fairly frequently when shifting, I would love a set up that did it consistently, it's addicting to listen to.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I have MBRP Street and it would pop every now and then, after I got my MAK cat deletes on yesterday, it really pops now!

OP
OP

Raiderjoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I have MBRP Street and it would pop every now and then, after I got my MAK cat deletes on yesterday, it really pops now!
anyway to get audio/video footage of it? and are you running stock headers or long tubes?

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

pirates life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 CO GT PP
I have an H pipe and the Roush AB and I can tell you I had the pop sound when letting off the gas and it sounded good . I put a JLT CAI and a Lund 93 Tune on my car with an N Gauge and I don't know how or why but my exhaust no longer does this and sounds more tame :( especially at an idle and when letting off the gas . Maybe someone can explain?
The tune adjusted your air fuel ratio. The car is probably running a bit leaner than it did with the stock tune. That's my guess :cheers:.
Can anyone else confirm this? Could a tuner keep a rich A/F ratio on deceleration to give us pops and crackles?

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Can anyone else confirm this? Could a tuner keep a rich A/F ratio on deceleration to give us pops and crackles?
I believe raising deceleration fuel cutoff(DFCO) rpm will keep a rich afr during deceleration and have more popping and of course more open your exhaust the more you hear it. DFCO is used as a emissions/fuel mileage technique. Disabling It is safe for the engine and makes the car work more like an old carburetor. It won't help the Catalytic converters and they will lose efficiency quickerand need to be removed/replaced sooner. It works by cutting the fuel injectors during deceleration from a set RPM threshold. So if you are above this RPM and let off the injectors stop injecting. With out fuel you don't get exhaust backfires. No backfires no noises. I'm sure with deceleration VCT tuning you can amplify the effect.

Grandmarshal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dario
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wait for it.....:headbang:

[ame]
Sponsored