Sponsored

POLL: Satisfaction with Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Are you satisfied with Ford Performance Power Pack 2? MT or AT ?

• Total voters

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine installed last Sunday up at carisile. I have severe Rev hang when cold and it's even pretty bad once it's warmed up. When engine is cold it's also really notchy feeling. I am going to get the new calibration a try as soon as they figure out how I can get it. If I'm not completely satisfied, Dave from true blue racing at fred beans ford said they will return my car to stock and give me a full refund. These guys seem really good, I'm glad I went with them as far as the pp2 goes. With that said I'm really hating driving my car right now for the first 3 miles every trip. Once warmed up and at wide open throttle I'm in love!
Sponsored

Last edited:

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Just posted in the main power packs thread, but wanted to let any others here know as well:

Big news all - - I just spoke with Ford Performance and the updated calibrations for power pack 2 are now live on the website. All that needs to be done is to log back into procal, re-download the file (the same way you did when installing for the first time), and re-flash the car.

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I had mine installed last Sunday up at carisile. I have severe Rev hang when cold and it's even pretty bad once it's warmed up. When engine is cold it's also really notchy feeling. I am going to get the new calibration a try as soon as they figure out how I can get it. If I'm not completely satisfied, Dave from true blue racing at fred beans ford said they will return my car to stock and give me a full refund. These guys seem really good, I'm glad I went with them as far as the pp2 goes. With that said I'm really hating driving my car right now.
Don't give up. You'll be pleasantly surprised with the new cal.

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Just posted in the main power packs thread, but wanted to let any others here know as well:

Big news all - - I just spoke with Ford Performance and the updated calibrations for power pack 2 are now live on the website. All that needs to be done is to log back into procal, re-download the file (the same way you did when installing for the first time), and re-flash the car.
Does this mean that for everyone who now purchases the PP2 will no longer have the rev hang issues?

WildFire

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I also had the Power Pack 2 install at Carisle on Sunday. At first the shifting was harsh however now with about 100 miles it seems to have settled out.

Since we did not get the pro cal tool at Carisle, how will we get the software update?

Sponsored

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
New purchases of power pack 2 should get the updated tune as a standard. Rev hang issue on manual cars has been fixed.

I'm not sure who Carisle is. They didn't give you the OBD-II plug? Procal is just a software program that you download onto your computer.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I also had the Power Pack 2 install at Carisle on Sunday. At first the shifting was harsh however now with about 100 miles it seems to have settled out.

Since we did not get the pro cal tool at Carisle, how will we get the software update?
you'll probably have to buy a procal tool.

WildFire

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
New purchases of power pack 2 should get the updated tune as a standard. Rev hang issue on manual cars has been fixed.

I'm not sure who Carisle is. They didn't give you the OBD-II plug? Procal is just a software program that you download onto your computer.
Carilse is the location of the Ford National show. Good way for the folks on the East Coast to spend a weekend.

All onsite work was done in the Ford Performance Garage by trained technicians from Fred Beans Ford of Boyertown, PA

http://carlisleevents.com/pdf/Fred-Beans-Show-Specials.pdf

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx#244

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
test 4: Its raining like shit in WA. And no water in airbox test complete.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT

I imagine someone like me who has had this kit sitting in the garage for 6 months that never registered or downloaded the original file will now get the new file as well? This is what I was waiting for.

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Got mine installed yesterday, very happy with the toque improvement, but I really like the reduced interior noise by eliminating the sound being pumped into the cabin.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Contact ford racing and they will mail one to you and then when your done mail it back. I talk to Ray and he was very helpful. Dave Rhoads at fred beans/true blue was a lot of help also.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went to the track last night to test out to pp2 tune. I was shocked at how much I picked up. My best was a 12.08 @ 115 mph. If I compare my slips to slips from before tune with the same 60 ft I picked up .5 sec and 5 mph. Hopefully when I flash the updated tune I'll get rid of the rev hang. As far as performance I' m pretty happy with the tune. It was in the 80's when I made all my runs so I'm thinking I should go 11's with some cooler air.

Last edited:

GTmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, California Special
Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!!!
Just loaded the updated tune for FP power pack 2. No more rev hang! Good job for all the folks pestering FP to fix the tune and good job for FP fixing it. The original tune was loaded by the the shop that installed my PP 2, so I had to call FP and have them reset my voucher code so that I could re-register under my own account. Once I did that I was able to download the Procal tool and load the new tune in the car. Very happy now!

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!!!
Just loaded the updated tune for FP power pack 2. No more rev hang! Good job for all the folks pestering FP to fix the tune and good job for FP fixing it. The original tune was loaded by the the shop that installed my PP 2, so I had to call FP and have them reset my voucher code so that I could re-register under my own account. Once I did that I was able to download the Procal tool and load the new tune in the car. Very happy now!
Cool. Welcome to the PP2, rev 1.1 happy campers.
Sponsored