Pmas cai or Steeda cai

Sotty1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
21 mustang gt
Is the pmas Cai any good ? I've heard mixed reviews . Is the steeda Cai better wich one gets you colder air ?
Sponsored

Gfswindle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10
FWIW, PMAS has an add-on that moves the filter down into the fender away from engine heat. If you drive in particularly wet areas where water tends to stand, might not be the best but definitely the best chance at getting cooler outside engine bay air.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
FWIW, PMAS has an add-on that moves the filter down into the fender away from engine heat. If you drive in particularly wet areas where water tends to stand, might not be the best but definitely the best chance at getting cooler outside engine bay air.
I'm in the process of installing this on my car. Couldn't get it to fit well last night, but will try again tonight when I get home. Sadly no dyno shops in my area or anywhere close.

20230412_212909.jpg

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I'm in the process of installing this on my car. Couldn't get it to fit well last night, but will try again tonight when I get home.
Sometimes a person just needs to cut stuff to fit.
I’ve lost count of all the mods needed to properly fit up so called top shelf exhaust systems to get that “near perfect fit”.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I almost bought this upgrade for my PMAS, but decided against it. Glad I made that call.

@Cordero1, I hope you get this sorted out.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I'm in the process of installing this on my car. Couldn't get it to fit well last night, but will try again tonight when I get home. Sadly no dyno shops in my area or anywhere close.

20230412_212909.jpg
When you've got it sorted out I'm interested to know:
Once you get this extension to fit, is it something you can put on for a track day when they forecast good weather, and then remove it when you're expecting rain again?

Or is it enough of a hassle that it becomes permanent on the car?

OP
OP
Sotty1

Sotty1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
21 mustang gt
both are pointless and provide no value. change your air filter. And what do you mean 'cool', you won't find cool air anywhere in the entire state of florida, let alone air that isn't 120% humidity.
How do you figure there're pointless?

Sponsored

Gfswindle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10
How do you figure there're pointless?
Most typically, for 18+ the stock filter housing and tubing will flow as much air as the engine can ingest and will actually provide cooler air from the front grill. Put your favorite brand panel filter into the stock housing and it's all you'll need.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
When I installed my PMAS, I modified and retained the air snorkel from my factory air box. PMAS‘s air box shroud doesn’t have a provision for this like the JLT does. I also modified the factory fan shroud around the radiator for extra clearance and air flow. Here are a few pics of what I did to provide maximum air flow.

4859EDFC-7019-4C84-8D4D-E26C53B73BF8.jpeg

AE2D1335-0D10-42A0-B114-FD9EDB47C594.jpeg

DB42EBDB-C9A6-473A-AB4A-2FD215158C05.jpeg

87A5EEE1-6A46-468C-8D11-A9E39516C9C1.jpeg

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Sometimes a person just needs to cut stuff to fit.
I’ve lost count of all the mods needed to properly fit up so called top shelf exhaust systems to get that “near perfect fit”.
Oh believe me I know all about that. I worked as a fabricator for many years. You'd be surprised how much custom stuff, or special order we'd have to cut, bend, wollow at to make fit at times. But I think this case might of been an operator error, or at least I hope. I was anxious to put it on, it was after work, & it was sweaty hot in the garage. So I might of jumped to judgment & maybe didn't have all my couplers lined up. We'll see when I get home.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I almost bought this upgrade for my PMAS, but decided against it. Glad I made that call.

@Cordero1, I hope you get this sorted out.
I hope so too, I wouldn't want to cut out insulation. But if the guy I talked to this morning made his fit without modifying, then I should be able to as well.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
When you've got it sorted out I'm interested to know:
Once you get this extension to fit, is it something you can put on for a track day when they forecast good weather, and then remove it when you're expecting rain again?

Or is it enough of a hassle that it becomes permanent on the car?
Well you have to remove the fender well lining to install the filter & also the horn speakers get relocated to fit on the filter bracket, so I'd say it's more of a permanent intake. I wouldn't be worried about the rain, it's a rare occurrence in my neck of the dry plains, & looks pretty well tucked away from it.
Sponsored