phunk's Whipple GT

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Well I have done it... I built the baddest fuel system possible for this thing. Should have it up and running tomorrow. That was a hassle to decide on. The car was on stands for weeks while I just stared at it in my spare time trying to decide how to run it all. Finally it hit me and I have been slaving on it. Ill get some pictures up in the next week.

Dark Horse GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Black PP
Awesome Charles! Looking forward to seeing what you came up with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I was thrilled to rinse it of after it hung out in the shop for weeks and became filthy. Wouldnt let me attach more pics so just the 1 it is.

I got my front runner skinnies in so now the car is 100% track ready. But I put it on the dyno last night and my new tune is down about 50hp so all track plans are called off until the car is back up to at least 700rwhp. Hopefully that gets resolved soon. It's looking like I might have to shift gears once again back into the direction of custom tuning. We will see if anything comes up in the next few days but I am not sure where it could possibly go from here other than that.

On a positive note the new fuel system is holding pressure in the rails all the way to redline... So that part of the car is ready to go further.

Attached dyno of my old graph versus the latest. I did pick up a little low end but I think I'd prefer to go back to the much better top end!
image.jpeg
image.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
So what do you think it will run?
Right now it would probably take some severe abuse to get a low 11 out of it. Mid 11's sounds more like what I would expect out of it with average passes.

If I can get the power back to what it used to be, where I think the car could run a 10 second pass, I will take it to the track and try.

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
so what happened to 50 hp? I thought you said it was running great on the new header tune??
It runs and drives very very nice, even better than before, like I was saying.

It just also makes 45-50 less HP when I floor it than it did on the last tune.

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Also its been clarified to me that this tune is not a long tube header specific tune. If that counts for anything. My last tune was not either.

Sponsored
OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Its probably the same tune as the car that did better, there is just something making my PCM unhappy. Its most likely pulling timing out for some reason. My guess anyway. I dont have any evidence as to anything else that would be hurting the power. A/F's look well enough, boost is all there... timing, unfortunately, I cannot see.

I suppose its possible my engine is hurt, but its not showing any obvious signs of that yet.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Its probably the same tune as the car that did better, there is just something making my PCM unhappy. Its most likely pulling timing out for some reason. My guess anyway. I dont have any evidence as to anything else that would be hurting the power. A/F's look well enough, boost is all there... timing, unfortunately, I cannot see.

Charles dis you flip the octane switch on the software?

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Charles dis you flip the octane switch on the software?
I left it how it was set, didnt pay attention to it. I dont recall what position it is currently in... whatever it would default to I suppose. But that is an interesting point. I dont really have any information about my calibration, and I dont know if its setup to utilize that switch, and I wouldnt know which direction it needs to face to be in the more aggressive mode.

I moved the Mustang home last night, but I can plug in the laptop and check tonight when I get back.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've learned the switch "on" will reduce timing. It was designed incase of not having good gas available or if wanting to run "safe" and it cuts timing so the timing will be at a lower starting point.

If your switch is on it would explain the loss in power.
Sponsored