phunk's Whipple GT

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
For Sale feeler, Chicago Area Only, no shipping. Complete Whipple SC Kit with billet throttle. Updated with enclosed air box kit. 6000 miles used. Considering offers from anyone local. I will install it with you over a weekend or we can work a deal and you can drop the car off at my shop and I'll do it all myself. Buyer would get dibs on extras, such as whipple pcm flash tool, big fuel system kit, ngauge tuner with Lund tuning for e85.

Currently just a feeler, I am not 100% on letting it go... But I am thinking about moving on to the next car before this one depreciates too much. Wondering if anyone in the area would take the blower off my hands if I pull the trigger.
Sponsored

iownu1k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Premium GT PP
I'm not local but I'm not far either, you got a ballpark in mind?

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Audi RS3 / 2023 Porsche GT4
For Sale feeler, Chicago Area Only, no shipping. Complete Whipple SC Kit with billet throttle. Updated with enclosed air box kit. 6000 miles used. Considering offers from anyone local. I will install it with you over a weekend or we can work a deal and you can drop the car off at my shop and I'll do it all myself. Buyer would get dibs on extras, such as whipple pcm flash tool, big fuel system kit, ngauge tuner with Lund tuning for e85.

Currently just a feeler, I am not 100% on letting it go... But I am thinking about moving on to the next car before this one depreciates too much. Wondering if anyone in the area would take the blower off my hands if I pull the trigger.
Care to explain what's caused the change of heart on this project?

Sponsored

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I'm not local but I'm not far either, you got a ballpark in mind?
For now I am considering buyers who would have me either entirely install it, or assist them for a DIY professional installation to help offset some of the kits depreciation through my ownership. The combo I am selling is $7895 retail, and I was honestly looking for $7000 installed to the buyers car.. which I believe would save the buyer about $1800-2400 depending on what people are paying for installs.

Care to explain what's caused the change of heart on this project?
I like the car, and the selfish side of me wants to keep it forever and leave it how it is. But the honest to god truth is that it has let me down a little bit... I find myself in a position where my attitude about the car has been changing, and the longer I play with it, the more I feel like its just keeping me $60,000 further away from whatever is next.

Didn't see that coming. Here I was hoping you'd manufacture the fuel system.
The fuel system is going to be released within the next couple weeks. I have been really busy processing orders and working on our new turbo kit for the 370z. I am about to put in a very large order with my hose/plumbing supplier and I will be ordering components the build a small batch of the S550 fuel systems. If they sell and people like them as much as I think they will, I will keep producing them.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Phunk, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing and learning from your build and consider you a Mustang pioneer due to how far you took the car. I'm sure whatever car you choose to work on next will be badass as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Im back. Ordered some goods today (mostly listed as Not Installed on first page). I am moving forward with the E85 tuning with Lund as soon as my IAT harness arrives. I ordered the 3.5" pulley and my goal is to make 800rwhp Dynojet STD. I have until April 1st to get the car ready for the track.

I took the car out of storage a few days ago.

My rear NT05-R are not peeling off and shredding apart anymore. Maybe the guy I talked to about it at MT was right and they were overheating and the compound was coming apart on me. Because in this cooler weather and the sturdier IRS setup keep the tires truer, the tires are just staying together and the car is hooking up a lot better despite the roads being cold and somewhat damp.

I hope to see even further grip improvements with the LCA and toe bearings and a new alignment. I just wish someone would release their rear camber arms already so I can flatten it out back there. I would like to get to around a quarter degree negative. Hopefully I can get the tires to stay together this summer because what I went through with them last year really sucked.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You should give the newest Whipple cal one more try before going to E85, I made 765 std. With a can of vp octanium you may hit 800rwhp and be able to you the Fight Control features.

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I thought about it but i didn't want to spend another $700 on injectors when I already have the 1000cc.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about it but i didn't want to spend another $700 on injectors when I already have the 1000cc.

If you still have your 56# from original kit you can trade in for $250

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
If you still have your 56# from original kit you can trade in for $250
What is the process for that like? Send the old ones in first I assume? I should probably do that so that I can switch back to 93 and still have enough fuel if I ever want to.
Sponsored