Sponsored

phunk's Whipple GT

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I had to install the viking shocks to help the rear camber at the track. On the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts the car would squat so bad it would wobble 3 feet left. I had to lift. The vikings help the squat on launch and shift dramatically. I am waiting on a fix from BMR for this!

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
You really just need a different wheel and tire set up. It's never going to hook with those small side walls

did you do the driveshaft yet?

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am on 17 inch slicks. With 700hp and slicks it squats terrible and then really throws the camber out.

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 x 28 Hoosiers QTP on Weld 17 darkstar. This is a base car. PP need 18.

Last edited:
OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Got some wheel time today with the new setup... verdict is in. The rear wheel steering is almost gone... I can feel it real slight when the car actually gets grip, but its nothing really worth mention anymore, at least not for now.

As for overall traction... none improved at all. The car is still just blowing the tires off like they are little honda wheels. There is no doubt in my mind that a stock camry could beat me 0-60 on the street... without an epic burnout this car is worthless from a dig (or second gear, or third gear)... 4th gear rolls only still if I want to hook up. Still trying to ignore/deny my disappointment in the chassis but its getting harder.

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
delrin subframe, urethane differential, frpp axles, bmr toe rods, bmr vertical links, and changed the 3.73 gear to a 3.55

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Im going to try another tire... I am suspicious that the NT05R might just really suck for use on a IRS car. The entire surface of the tread is covered with rolled up peels of rubber. I can just roll the peels off with my hand... there is no way its not hurting the grip to have a layer of rubber roller bearings between my tire and the road. I believe this peeling rubber is a side effect of having anything other than zero toe and zero camber like a solid axle car.

This peeling effect is also why I probably got only about 2000 miles out of the tires. It could also explain why these tires hooked awesome when they were brand new (no peeling rubber on the surface, just clean fresh tread), then started to suck after a week or so. I initially was blaming heat cycling effects on the compound but now I am thinking its a screwy wear issue.

Sponsored

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The tire might help but when you have the much horsepower in a mustang and how your power hits you are always going to have traction issues. That's why a lot of people like the centrifugal blowers on these cars.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Like I have stated before. My Corvette with the Kenne Bell traction was futile.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
This car still doesnt make enough torque or power to be having as much problem as it does IMHO... centri or PD, it doesnt matter right now. I can floor it at higher engine speeds where the centri will make immediate boost/power and its just the same. I can even ease the throttle/power in slowly and it will still do it. My car doesnt even make 550 torque yet... so if it cant even hook this up, I dont care which blower it has, its not good enough for me.

If I was running around 900rwhp and 700-800 torque, I would accept that the powerband is making it worse... but right now its just not that powerful in the grand scheme of things. Hellcats and Z06s etc all use PD blowers, and from a dig they would demolish me. If I turned down my boost to match their power to weight ratio, they would pound the living hell out of this car.

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Photo attached of what nt05R turn into on this car... Definitely worth an eyebrow raise towards my traction problems.
image.jpg
Sponsored