Sponsored

Pedalmax

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
Anyone have any recommendation on routing of the 12v cable through firewall?
The directions appear very lacking on recommended routing of the 12V.
Sponsored

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
I'd give their customer service a call. They were great on the phone. Are you sure you even need to use the 12v cable? I didn't.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
As far as I can identify yes, I need the connection. The unit was not operating correctly till I hooked up the connection to the battery. As I was reviewing the firewall I could not view many through holes.

The directions kinda just say... Hook up this cable. Sure... any recommendations JMS that could have been proactively identified in the documentation?!
I'm sure I'll figure something out by tomorrow.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
That is most strange, unless they changed something, mine was plug and play no extra cable was required

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Same here...disconnect battery cable, plug the pedalmax harness in series with the electronic throttle. ..reconnect the battery and get ready to grin! ..haha

Sponsored

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
I'm guessing I may have a newer version then what is mostly seen on the net. My unit came with a secondary instruction sheet identifying that the unit required a constant power supply and identified a photo of connecting the 12V connector to the battery. I believe the previous version did not require the 12V hookup. I'll see if I can get some photos up for clarification.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
[MENTION=17950]stang99svt[/MENTION]

If I were doing it I would route the wire similar to the recommendation from Ford for retrofitting wiring for a rear differential pump on my 2016 tech pack GT350. There's an electrical box in the passenger footwell and a pass-through into the engine compartment in the passenger wheel well that is used for the differential pump wiring. Depending on how much current you need you might be able to pull from the box in the footwell rather than going into the engine compartment.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-4000-M8SGT350.pdf

Page 24 shows the routing of the wire for the Ford kit.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
Hack, thank you for the reference I think that should assist quite a bit. I'll let you know how it works out.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
As an update the referenced Ford Racing Rear Diff installation document provided good reference information on routing of the 12V cable through the passenger side footwell, through the firewall and up into the engine bay.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I know that AutoBlip had an issue at first when Ford apparently changed the voltage on one of the connectors at the gas pedal, and now offers two different version of the AutoBlip depending on which voltage there is. I'm wondering if this is something along the same lines.

1day

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 OW/Blue Stripes
Just the ability to tailor in a rev match on downshifts. It's not needed if you know how to heel & toe. For me it was just something else to play with and keep things interesting.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Selling my Pedal Commander if anyone is interested. $250 shipped. Going Whipple route.
4FB2C9A1-965D-436C-AA8C-A5F3D857CF5F.jpeg
Sponsored