Painted my calipers

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
You did a good job. proper. Matches your body color. now you just need new wheels :)

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Much nicer look Man !

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
now you need wheels asap!

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I've been debating doing this to base GT calipers with the G2 paint kit over powder coating, mainly due to cost reasons.

And the lack of a garage...

Though I may have found a well recommended local guy who powder coats on the cheap!

What's the drying time like with this paint kit?

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Great job! Did you do the back too or just the front? I'm trying to decide, both or front only.

OP
OP

Legacykid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' CO EB
You did a good job. proper. Matches your body color. now you just need new wheels :)
Much nicer look Man !
now you need wheels asap!
Wheels will be coming!! Waiting to find something different want this to be my show car.

I've been debating doing this to base GT calipers with the G2 paint kit over powder coating, mainly due to cost reasons.

And the lack of a garage...

Though I may have found a well recommended local guy who powder coats on the cheap!

What's the drying time like with this paint kit?
Hour ish dry time but needs 24 hours before driving.

Great job! Did you do the back too or just the front? I'm trying to decide, both or front only.
I did both, my other car has a BBK and was going back and forth if I should do 2 or 4. Turned out to do all four and it looks amazing I will be getting better pictures soon!

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Looks like the base calipers take a bit more care than the PP Brembos. I was able to do mine in place without touching the pads.

I do like how well the G2 Orange matches CO, even has enough red that it is hard to get a good picture without everything looking Race Red.

OP
OP

Legacykid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' CO EB
Looks like the base calipers take a bit more care than the PP Brembos. I was able to do mine in place without touching the pads.

I do like how well the G2 Orange matches CO, even has enough red that it is hard to get a good picture without everything looking Race Red.

Yeah it looks good, but man those 20s look good!! lookin to go for 19 or 20s but a more open style wheel.

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
Very nice

Sponsored

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange

Thanks for the photo. I saw the kit from G2 and thought their orange looked like CO from Ford. Now its confirmed. Ordering now.:cheers:

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
I used G2 on my old 2000 convertible. It's an excellent kit and has great coverage.

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Your paint job looks great! But I'm going to stick my neck out here and probably get angry replies for this... Why o why would you paint base model bargain basement bottom of the barrel brake calipers a bright color and draw attention to them? Why not black to hide or blend them?
I've seen some nice brakes on some cars that came already a bright color and they were beautiful. They were obviously big, serious and expensive brakes. Something you would want people to notice.
I probably have the same calipers on mine that you do, so I'm not bashing your factory brakes here. Just sayin.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
You did a nice job painting your's.
I will probably do mine in black as I really don't want to call attention to the fact that I have the base sliding caliper brakes which are kind of ugly IMHO. I'll be trolling Ebay for someone breaking a wrecked car (Probably sooner rather than later based on this thread) for the 4 piston brakes and paint those red.
Sponsored