Sponsored

Oz S550 spotted thread

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
I was given permission to sit in the above GT fastback to see if I have a problem with my 6'4" frame and my boof head. I had about 2'' head clearance with the seat set as low as possible. The seat could have been bigger all round, but will suffice. I personally found the dark colour seemed to hide all its curves and that wasn't helped by the black wheels. I believe the $800 polish that I had on my BA FPV GT-P some years ago would really make the car shine and bring out the curves and lines. The difference that it made to my mandarin GT-P was unbelievable. The car is really more suitable for people that are 6'0" and under. One of the many joys of being 6'4".
Wil, If you are reading this, the factory number plate mounts would give you all the dimensions and angles and holes that Phil at Lakin Plates would need to make up his backing plates.
Ian.
This is crazy talk!

I know it can be awkward to get into and out of- but the cabin space is great for tall drivers. The seat has plenty of adjustment, plus the auto slide to help you in and out makes it perfect for 6+ drivers. I'm 6'3" and my dad plus father in law are 6'4" and they all had glowing reviews for tall comfort.

-Drew
Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I'm 6'5" and don't have lots of headroom, but it's adequate.

Someone with a longer torso would have issues.
I bump my head if I move it about an inch or two to the right, which could easily happen in cornering... and I probably wouldn't fit with a helmet - so no track time!

That said, I'm getting a 'vert which has a whole lot of headroom! :)

Last edited:

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
I'm 6'5" and don't have lots of headroom, but it's adequate.

Someone with a longer torso would have issues.
I bump my head if I move it about an inch or two to the right, which could easily happen in cornering... and I probably wouldn't fit with a helmet - so no track time!

That said, I'm getting a 'very which has a whole lot of headroom! :)
I guess the leg to torso ratio makes a difference. I also drive with the seat a bit close because I don't like the feeling of "reaching" for the clutch and keep the seat more reclined. I guess its possible that somebody with an auto may ride with the seat farther back and more upright.
-Drew

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
This is crazy talk!

I know it can be awkward to get into and out of- but the cabin space is great for tall drivers. The seat has plenty of adjustment, plus the auto slide to help you in and out makes it perfect for 6+ drivers. I'm 6'3" and my dad plus father in law are 6'4" and they all had glowing reviews for tall comfort.

-Drew
"Auto Slide" what's that all about...pray tell us ?

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
"Auto Slide" what's that all about...pray tell us ?
The seat slides 6" to the rear when the car turns off and then slides forward 6" when you start it up. That makes it really easy to get long legs out from under the steering wheel.

-Drew

Sponsored

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Premium interior option only with memory seats I believe. Not on Australian spec cars I think

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
Premium interior option only with memory seats I believe. Not on Australian spec cars I think
Well then I stand corrected. I thought export cars all got premium trim which included memory/power/heat/AC seats.

-Drew

OP
OP
WILDB

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Well then I stand corrected. I thought export cars all got premium trim which included memory/power/heat/AC seats.

-Drew
All bar the memory function unfortunately.

It wouldn't matter to me though, the seat is always going to be in the right back position. :lol:

Cisco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tehanne
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost Fastback
I cant imagine Ford Aus would actually do it, but they don't seem to care too much about their customers so far. An extra six months would be torture,

Are you still enjoying that car of yours....the car I have ordered is for my wife....she is eagerly awaiting the chance to smoke the rear tyres up....:thumbsup:

I have to agree...the inital 12 months wait was torture... I imagine it may have been a treat to the dealers to make sure that they didnt do the wrong thing..

Absolutely enjoying the car.. she is a dream... our uncle who works for Bridgestone is getting us some smokey rears and the key to the skidpan so we can have some fun. Wouldnt want to do it with her normal tyres...given their replacement value LOL

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
That uncle is soon going to be your favourite :)

Pictures or it never happened!

Sponsored

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
All bar the memory function unfortunately.

It wouldn't matter to me though, the seat is always going to be in the right back position. :lol:
Hey Wil,
I think my seat is going to be in the boot position :lol:
Ian.

GGT-66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT
DIB on a truck heading north around North Lakes this morning :)

Still had all the white vinyl on it. Not sure if GT or EB as it was past before I realised what it was. Looked fantastic, colour and style!

40STY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Yellow convertible "Nickos" on Klump Rd, Mt Gravatt yesterday around 5.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
I would like to see a few good photos of a Race Red GT with the nickel wheels. I was scouring the Internet yesterday and didn't come up with much. Have been toying with reverting to black. Any seen in the wild?
Sponsored