Oz S550 spotted thread

Valiant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT in Eruption Green
Very nice Val. Great to see a good Australian brand being used. As I said, they sound great and the bit I heard they were not obnoxious. Does quite mode make them neighbour friendly.
Yep! Quiet mode works very well, not loud at all. Screams when its on racetrack mode and you give it a boot. :p

Putting a whipple on top will change the sound of the exhaust again so I will be waiting after it gets installed before I make the decision to fit a H pipe.

Gooday, did you notice any performance improvement with the headers? My mechanic recommended those before anything else, I am a little concerned about the sound level if I do them as I already have the H pipe and it is fantastically loud especially on a cold start
I did notice mid-low rpm increase in torque. Just make sure when you get headers, get them ceramic coated as it can nearly bring temps down in half! I only put headers on as I wanted the car to breathe when the Supercharger gets put on, else I wouldnt have done them.

Headers paired an H pipe will make the car absoulety scream. Also another thing to note is to make sure you get some O2 spacers, this will prevent the check engine light coming up. :)

Val
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yep! Quiet mode works very well, not loud at all. Screams when its on racetrack mode and you give it a boot. :p

Putting a whipple on top will change the sound of the exhaust again so I will be waiting after it gets installed before I make the decision to fit a H pipe.

I did notice mid-low rpm increase in torque. Just make sure when you get headers, get them ceramic coated as it can nearly bring temps down in half! I only put headers on as I wanted the car to breathe when the Supercharger gets put on, else I wouldnt have done them.

Headers paired an H pipe will make the car absoulety scream. Also another thing to note is to make sure you get some O2 spacers, this will prevent the check engine light coming up. :)

Val
Just a couple more questions if I may Val. You went with 100 cel high flow cats. Did you determine if any "green cats" were available for the pacemakers. Also, was it a Pacemaker ceramic coating that the shop used or something else. The cermakrome or the cerakote black satin?

Valiant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
Just a couple more questions if I may Val. You went with 100 cel high flow cats. Did you determine if any "green cats" were available for the pacemakers. Also, was it a Pacemaker ceramic coating that the shop used or something else. The cermakrome or the cerakote black satin?

No worries at all Pete! When I called Pacemaker these are what they suggested, I don't know if they have Green Cats avaliable. They're really helpful if you give them a call!

Pacemaker doesnt supply direct to the public so I was referred to Exhaust Innovations (who are amazing by the way!!) who supplied, which I got them to ship the headers + cats directly to me, and I was recommended by a reputable shop that Thermal Edge Coating is so far the best in the coatings which have not peeled off any customer vehicles. I believe it's their own coating, and I got it coated in black - The coating took about 1.5 weeks to complete. Drop off and pickup! :)

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
No worries at all Pete! When I called Pacemaker these are what they suggested, I don't know if they have Green Cats avaliable. They're really helpful if you give them a call!

Pacemaker doesnt supply direct to the public so I was referred to Exhaust Innovations (who are amazing by the way!!) who supplied, which I got them to ship the headers + cats directly to me, and I was recommended by a reputable shop that Thermal Edge Coating is so far the best in the coatings which have not peeled off any customer vehicles. I believe it's their own coating, and I got it coated in black - The coating took about 1.5 weeks to complete. Drop off and pickup! :)
Thanks again Val. I may follow your lead down the track. I believe the black is the superior way to go for heat issues and anyway the extractors can hardly be seen once fitted. The cats have me concerned because I wanted to keep it legal and as well I have heard that green cats are good to have when you have a crackle tune which I currently have.

Valiant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again Val. I may follow your lead down the track. I believe the black is the superior way to go for heat issues and anyway the extractors can hardly be seen once fitted. The cats have me concerned because I wanted to keep it legal and as well I have heard that green cats are good to have when you have a crackle tune which I currently have.

No worries! I'll get you some underbody pics soon. The 100 cell cats are the fastest flowing cats which is what they told me. Let me know if you would like to come and have a look for yourself :D

I spent alot of time trying researching, and getting opinions to do this correctly so hopefully it helps!

Sponsored

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
What price range are shops charging to fit headers?

it’s one of those things that’s probably a little bit too much to do yourself but I wouldn’t trust just any shop to do it.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Re the colour of the extractors, I initially thought black as well but then settled on silver (definitely NOT chrome), because you can see them and they're a work of art!
Headers.jpg

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Re the colour of the extractors, I initially thought black as well but then settled on silver (definitely NOT chrome), because you can see them and they're a work of art!
Headers.jpg
Thanks Michael. I will keep it mind. Probably have to have a look at a fitted +18 in real life.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Thanks Michael. I will keep it mind. Probably have to have a look at a fitted +18 in real life.
Ahh yes, hadn't thought of that. The 18s may not be as visible with the engine cover.
Sponsored