Overboost

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
ive had the same issue as well, the car would not accelerate like it usually does at full throttle or sometimes when launching the car it would take off good but after 1-2 secs would just stop accelerating completely and then the overboost cel would come on
now this only occured on the BAMA track tune v1

i have the v2 track tune but havent ran it yet to see if the problem still exists

i might add this problem has never occured on their performance tune v1 or v2 or even the stock tune

so as others have suggested contact BAMA
Sponsored

OP
OP
Punisher_15

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang
I 'm running the 93 track tune. It only does it when i switch to sport shift and use the track apps. If I let the car shift itself or don't use track apps it runs fine and still peaks at 24-25 psi. I will contact Bama tommorow when I get some free time. Thanks for all the responses.

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
Very similar thing happens on my stock. I had all the stock fittings checked and tightened and still once in a while it will go into limp mode restricting boost to around 8psi and the blow off through intake sound very weird. But i dont have any lighys that come on.

OP
OP
Punisher_15

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang
Very similar thing happens on my stock. I had all the stock fittings checked and tightened and still once in a while it will go into limp mode restricting boost to around 8psi and the blow off through intake sound very weird. But i dont have any lighys that come on.
If you turn the car off and back on it will reset unless you get a cel. then you can clear it with a tuner and be back to normal. I have only gotten cel once. However been put in limp mode 4 times. I dont understand why its doing it with that amount of boost if the map sensor can handle 29 psi.

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
Yup i noticed that as well. Once you restart it is gone but it is weird that it does it

Sponsored

s550ecostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I keep having issues with the car going into limp mode and occossianally the overboost cel coming on when I do hard runs on tghe car . Has anyone installed the 3bar map sensor ? and would that keep it from limping on overboost?

APROX 15PSI = 1 bar

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
When I used the Bama race tune, it would occasionally trigger Overboost if I was on it full throttle. Have your tuning shop dial down the boost a hair and it'll be fine.

s550ecostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
That doesn't sound like true tune that I'm use to, my mk7 GTI with APR tune is way more aggressive than what's out there for the Mustangs , never did I trigger an ECU code or had hit a fuel/boost cut .

My GTI all stock with just a tune @ 29 PSI

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
That doesn't sound like true tune that I'm use to, my mk7 GTI with APR tune is way more aggressive than what's out there for the Mustangs , never did I trigger an ECU code or had hit a fuel/boost cut .
I switched over to Torrie's tune, and it didn't throw that code. Note, too, that Bama's performance tune does NOT do that. So it's specific only to the track tune.

s550ecostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I switched over to Torrie's tune, and it didn't throw that code. Note, too, that Bama's performance tune does NOT do that. So it's specific only to the track tune.
Good to know as I'm trying to figure out the best way to go, thanks.

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Bar is an absolute pressure measurement. Zero Bar is a is 30" of mercury vacuum on your boost gauge. One Bar is zero on the boost gauge and two Bar is 14.7 psi on the boost gauge. Three bar is 29.4 on the boost gauge. Any vehicle that runs more than 14 psi of boost will have a 3 Bar Map sensor

OP
OP
Punisher_15

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang
I haven't heard back from Bama. I emailed them thursday. I'm cutting them some slack because I know that the all ford nationals was this weekend. I'm figuring that they are all there. I again got a cel for overboost after a full throttle pull on the race tune. I switched to the performance tune but havent had a chance to do any pulls to see how it acts.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I haven't heard back from Bama. I emailed them thursday. I'm cutting them some slack because I know that the all ford nationals was this weekend. I'm figuring that they are all there. I again got a cel for overboost after a full throttle pull on the race tune. I switched to the performance tune but havent had a chance to do any pulls to see how it acts.
Add Dan Bailer to your friends on Facebook and send him a message. He'll make sure that you get taken care of very promptly.

s550ecostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Purchased SCT Steeda x4.... I'm going into a limp mode and getting a code for overboost. Mostly triggers from a hard acceleration from 1st & 2nd or if I'm at WOT for a extended period of time. Very disappointed since what I used to getting from VW, Nissan & Mazda aftermarket tuners.
Sponsored