Sponsored

Overboost

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang
I keep having issues with the car going into limp mode and occossianally the overboost cel coming on when I do hard runs on tghe car . Has anyone installed the 3bar map sensor ? and would that keep it from limping on overboost?
Sponsored

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
I don't think adding parts will fix the issue. Sounds like you should check for vacuum leaks. Do you have mods?

OP
OP
Punisher_15

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang
I don't think you understand the issue. I dont have a boost leak. I'm peaking at 24-25 psi and its putting the car in a limp mode that keeps it from boosting above 8 psi.

Sponsored

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1992 Eagle Talon, Porsche 944 Turbo
The stock tmap sensor is 3 bar, it can read up to 29psi.

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
Is your car calibrated?

Perhaps talk to your calibrator to figure out if it is an issue with hardware. Maybe you need a calibration adjustment?

Your original post is quite vague. Try to post a bit more background information/part config information.

Anthony

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
Is your car calibrated?

Perhaps talk to your calibrator to figure out if it is an issue with hardware. Maybe you need a calibration adjustment?

Your original post is quite vague. Try to post a bit more background information/part config information.

Anthony
+1. Don't get pissed when you say overboost and someone says vacuum leak. Like Anthony said. More info.

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
I'd take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
I'd take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.
I have a feeling he has an aftermarkey tune, so that might not be a good idea. Who knows, some dealers are cool, but they will want to switch it back to stock if he does that, I think.

Sponsored

s550ecostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I have a JMS module and have had the same problem dialing it up to 100%, I can only run peak of 22PSI (20 steady).

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
he is tuned/intercooler/intake. its in his sig. Good chance its the tune. return it to stock tune and see what happens then. One step at a time. Did it happen after any particular part install?

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
he is tuned/intercooler/intake. its in his sig. Good chance its the tune. return it to stock tune and see what happens then. One step at a time. Did it happen after any particular part install?
Can't see his sig on the cell phone. :p

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
I keep having issues with the car going into limp mode and occossianally the overboost cel coming on when I do hard runs on tghe car . Has anyone installed the 3bar map sensor ? and would that keep it from limping on overboost?
Sounds like your tune is causing you to breach the boost ceiling. I would contact your tuner and have him give you a list of parameters he wants you to log so he can give it a tweak. In order to get that code it must have been overboosting for quite some time, how long have you had your tune?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I agree with what the others are saying in that overboost is normally a tune issue. I'd try to get up with Paul and get him some datalogs to see what's happening.
Sponsored