Sponsored

Our 2015 Mustang Renders - Give us your feedback!

Prodigy

attachment.jpg

I'd love to see someone work on a really nice profile. I would if I had more time :/
I do like the long rear window slope on the blue one and the smoother fender bulges. After looking closer maybe its just the perspective, but the pudginess I mentioned seems to center around the roof above the B-pillar and the transition to the deck. I wonder how much taper the base of the fastback will have? The rear flare looks a bit off.... like it should have more of an aston whole fender bulge and hip and not just a circular lip flare. Windshield forward looks pretty good and plausible based on what we _think_ we know. The blue one is growing on me.
I really want to see invisible B pillars on the final car and I like that about both of these renders. I also want to see a nice long shallow sloping fastback with a very short deck like an aston, c6/7, FRS etc.
Agree with this for the most part. If the roofline can be smoothed out a bit towards the rear, which may require stretching it out a bit, it may look more natural. The issue may be the height... a lower stance and belt line could make it look more natural as a fastback. The lack of a noticeable B pillar is a plus in my book too.

Good job overall. The blue one is the best. I just wish I owned the gray one right now :p
Sponsored

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
They look good! The only thing that I would change is I would add the B Pillar. The spy shots sort of confirmed that there will be one, at least that's what I take from it. Here are the photos i'm referring too.

9018019307_5fd1cb430c_o.jpg

9018022395_d0ff0c94b9_o.jpg

Retrostang

Retrostang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Platinum
I like the gray one the best. The side scoops really make it Mustang. The side view of the blue isn't bad, but looking at the front suggests a Fusion too much for me.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The blue render is my choice.

My opinion on first glance was that it looked like it could be a production Mustang, and was easily recognized as such. Also the renders just look incredible, such awesome work. That must have taken a lot of time, so thank you for your hard work!

My own personal preferences would request a little larger and more pronounced hips. I would reference the most recent render I've seen from Topnotch. To me those rear quarters are PERFECT.

I like the scallop without a scoop and the lack of a B-pillar. I hope we actually lose the B-pillar....

The front fascia seems just a tiny bit subdued, but I expect that's likely what we'll get. If you could find a way to make it just a touch more aggressive I would like that. It feels like you went for a more elegant approach on this render, and it does look good. I disagree with others; I don't mind the chrome.

Seriously, fabulous work. I'm excited to see what others have to say and what will come about from the feedback!!

Sponsored

ChuckC

Threads
Reaction score
Both the blue one and the gray one look the same except for the nose.

The blue nose looks like a Fusion.

The more aggressive gray nose looks like a Mustang.

I'll take the gray one.

KZStang

Great work. I've seen his other renders floating around the web are all very high quality and realistic.

I like the implementation of the grille high up on the hood instead of a large diving nose. The only thing change I would like to see is to see the overall car's stance and profile to be lowered. The spy shots posted above do appear to be hiding a somewhat slimmer overall car.

I would guess the basic profile is accurate and the elements are realistic enough to be a production version. Many renders we've seen, though beautifully done, have concept-like proportions that you will never see Ford produce for the mass public.

K.Lysius

Very nice guys! I'd love to see the s550 turn out to be the blue one but with the beefy fenders of the gray one... and with the gray one's rear fender vent.

Can't wait to see revisions :clap2:

Sponsored

stangray11

Good a render that is not straight outta Hot Wheels. Hallelujah!

I'd put that front fascia of the gray one onto the blue render and open up the headlights to give it some more depth like the current mustang.

And different/bigger wheels please.

Melino

They look good! The only thing that I would change is I would add the B Pillar. The spy shots sort of confirmed that there will be one, at least that's what I take from it. Here are the photos i'm referring too.
I think you're right unfortunately.
Curious what most people wanna see... B-pillar or not?

I'd like to see Ford do something different and change up the dorito window and no B-pillar. Just afraid they'll have engineer the roof to compensate for the structural/cash test issues of getting rid of the B-pillar.... and I'm guessing that would probably add weight.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Well it's probably not the blue render because all indication is that it has a side scoop. (hopefully functional) Plus the styling of that looks really bland. I'm not a fan of either one but if I had to buy one it would be the grey render.

Mriley

Mustangs in general are "bland." And I mean that as a complement... in the sense that they are not over-stylized like a lot of imports. Also this is the way it should be for a car that so many people modify.

Look at '05 V6 model. Pretty understated if you ask me. Certainly more "bland" than the renders for the '15 Mustang that we've seen. I'd prefer a subdued base design which gives Ford a good launching point for the performance models and refreshes.

LIGHT3.jpg
3214397817u_1x424x360f.jpg
Sponsored