Sponsored

Other things to do while lowering?

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Ok so in the next couple weeks I will be installing my sportline springs im my garage by myself. Im thinking since i most likely will be dropping the rear subframe and the car will be on jack stands, should I go ahead and do any other suspension mods? If anyone can recommend any necessary suspension mods that don't cost too much I would love to hear your input. Just trying to get as much done in one go.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
CB005 kit from BMR. Also, I highly recommend a mini sledge hammer to remove the splined bolts on the struts. Be sure to thread the nut back on so you're hitting it instead of the bolt so you don't mushroom the end. Ask me how I know...lol

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
There's a bunch of stuff honestly. Look at Steeda or BMRs website. Depending on what you wanna do or spend there's multiple things you could do.

OP
OP

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CB005 kit from BMR. Also, I highly recommend a mini sledge hammer to remove the splined bolts on the struts. Be sure to thread the nut back on so you're hitting it instead of the bolt so you don't mushroom the end. Ask me how I know...lol
Trust me i know exactly how you did it XD. I meant to order one the other day on amazon, Thank You.

There's a bunch of stuff honestly. Look at Steeda or BMRs website. Depending on what you wanna do or spend there's multiple things you could do.
Ill check them out, wheel hop is my main concern. Does a lower center of gravity fix this along with a stiffer spring rate? I know on my older cars a set of coilovers transformed the car.

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Youre going to want shocks and struts eventually, id say your best bet is to go with either BMR or Steeda (both great companies) for bushing kits for everything. I'd say non-permanent bushing inserts for the subframe, differential, and also the subframe alignment kit (both companies sell them). Helps make the car feel more connected for a fairly cheap price.

Sponsored

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Things to do while installing the springs include improving your swear word vocabulary, building arm and shoulder strength while pounding away at the strut bolts, and sweating off excess pounds.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Add a 3 to a 5 pound sledge hammer for removing those pesky splined front strut bolts !

OP
OP

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Youre going to want shocks and struts eventually, id say your best bet is to go with either BMR or Steeda (both great companies) for bushing kits for everything. I'd say non-permanent bushing inserts for the subframe, differential, and also the subframe alignment kit (both companies sell them). Helps make the car feel more connected for a fairly cheap price.
Im honestly going to leave the stock struts on until they give. Ive had 2sets of bc's, 2sets of ksports and a set of powered by max coilovers. Believe it or not my bc rears blew on my rx8 so thats why Im just gonna install some springs until more coilover options come out for this car. My first car had tokico illuminas and tanabe springs and i switched to coilovers 3 months later lol

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
I did my sways as I found it easier to maneuver the front sway out with the strut removed.
Sponsored