Sponsored

Options...

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
TrackPack ($2,000-3,000)-
any additional cooling or equipment required to stay on a track for 1 complete tank of gas. Not time attack speeds but normal endurance racing.
-oil cooler if not standard
-transmission cooler
-diff cooler
-brake aero blades on front suspension if not standard
-higher temp range brake pads
-misc...

not REAL info, just how I would do it.
Sponsored

Doc Holliday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
Here is the source....fords website:
Thanks. I didn't think to look at the captions for the images. Strange, that's the only place that mentions magneride being optional. The rest of literature at least gave me the impression that it was standard. This clearly indicates otherwise...

OP
OP
Kodyray72

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
Thanks! I missed it searching on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's pretty easy to miss, but boredom yields results lol

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I wonder how many you'll see built from the factory that don't have Magneride? Seems like this is a highly desirable option that dealers would want on most of their orders.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kodyray72

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
I wonder how many you'll see built from the factory that don't have Magneride? Seems like this is a highly desirable option that dealers would want on most of their orders.
I'm assuming that many would, 90% of 13-14 gt500s that I've seen come to dealerships were either fully loaded or almost fully loaded, very rare to see a stripper shelby

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I'm still having trouble with this...consider me ignorant, but I see it more likely to be a typo than an option...the way they talked about it they never once mentioned option...maybe jarstang can ask?

OP
OP
Kodyray72

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
I'm still having trouble with this...consider me ignorant, but I see it more likely to be a typo than an option...the way they talked about it they never once mentioned option...maybe jarstang can ask?

I would like to hope so, but with Jamal saying we'll be suprised by the price and I'm sure he's talking about BASE price, I'm not so sure it'll be standard

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I have no doubt that on top of the tech package i bet they will charge another $795 for navigation function on top of the tech package... this will keep it inline with fords pricing strategy, also this is supported by the CONCEPS leak from summer.

Its gonna be very dissapointing if the magnaride dampeners only come with the track pack because they have as much value on the street as well to smooth out a track suspension as they do making the suspension work better on the track

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Its gonna be very dissapointing if the magnaride dampeners only come with the track pack because they have as much value on the street as well to smooth out a track suspension as they do making the suspension work better on the track

+1

If the car comes in at $52k with MagnaRide standard, that would be a very appealing car to me. If they were optional, I feel the car would need to be at $48k or less base price to make sense.

For the Track Pack, I feel it should not just be to make the car faster on a track but more reliable and durable. Coolers, ducts, brake pads, and sure removal of unnecessary DD items like rear seats and seatbelts for some weight reduction. Tires would be the biggest distinction from the base and Track Pack as far as performance.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I certainly hope that Ford doesn't take the BMW / Porsche approach with a low base price and then nickle and dime you to death. I'm liking a base with track and tech option packages as the only options.

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
I think Ford will take the approach of "Starting at $48,000" then nickle and dime (as FPCV8YO stated) you into the mid 50's. Not saying this is what i think the prices will be, just using random numbers for example. the naive people will see the $48,000 and get drawn in, thus making the vehicle seem much more affordable. Why list a car like this as starting at $52K AND include magnaride (something that non-enthusiasts might not care about) when you can list it as starting at $48k without magnaride....THEN you will have the attention of those non-enthusiasts that might have otherwised been turned away for paying extra for something they could care less. Just like Corvettes...there are a lot of retired guys that purhase these cars just to say they owned a vette at some point, and drive it 10 under the speed limit on the street and could care less about paying 5k extra for performance pack upgrades....same concept with the HiPo Mustangs

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
Z/28 & 1LE don't have MagneRide. Cadillac, Corvette, & ZL1 use it. (Sorry to bring up those lame cars ;) ) I think it's used to keep street ride quality nice and still allow increased handling. For a track machine MagneRide is not needed. Just good old fashion tuned suspension. I think, GT350 "base" should have hardcore traditional tuned suspension. And MagneRide should presented as comfort/luxury option. It could be a stand alone option or included with TechPack (not TrackPack).

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I think Ford will take the approach of "Starting at $48,000" then nickle and dime (as FPCV8YO stated) you into the mid 50's. Not saying this is what i think the prices will be, just using random numbers for example. the naive people will see the $48,000 and get drawn in, thus making the vehicle seem much more affordable. Why list a car like this as starting at $52K AND include magnaride (something that non-enthusiasts might not care about) when you can list it as starting at $48k without magnaride....THEN you will have the attention of those non-enthusiasts that might have otherwised been turned away for paying extra for something they could care less. Just like Corvettes...there are a lot of retired guys that purhase these cars just to say they owned a vette at some point, and drive it 10 under the speed limit on the street and could care less about paying 5k extra for performance pack upgrades....same concept with the HiPo Mustangs

I think having MagnaRide as standard equipment would draw more people in than any particular base price(which we can only speculate on at this point). Magnetic suspension is something that has never been offered in a Mustang, it would be too exciting to not draw people into showrooms.

BrainFreeze

Threads
Reaction score
+1

Wonder what else on the pre-production car shown had on it that is optional?
Sponsored