Ok now I'm pissed.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
That must be so annoying - feel for you. Especially as people who ordered June/july 2015 will be getting their cars about that time too...
Not if they ordered a convertible. Ordered March 2015; build guess March 2016. I'll miss the summer for delivery at the rate things are going.
Sponsored

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Check the canx order threads (if you haven't already) might get lucky with a same spec on there or ask Andy to find you one :-)

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
Check the canx order threads (if you haven't already) might get lucky with a same spec on there or ask Andy to find you one :-)
I agree - nothing is going to speed up the delivery better than finding a similar car.

If I were in the top management of Ford I would be kicking up about this whole issue. Ford spends most of the cost of a car when they put it together. Then they are sitting on built stock for 3-4 months - sometimes more - before they get payment from the customer. I am guessing that at any one time they must have 1,500 built or part-built non-US cars amounting to perhaps £50 million in value.

In theory they could build a car, ship it and sell it in the UK within 3 weeks. They should be looking to review their supply chain and release most of that wasted capital.

Just my opinion of course :)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I don't get the impression that anyone at Ford has broken sweat about our Mustangs, not then and not now. We're an insignificant chapter in the history of the car. Just my two cents...

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
They are fools then, as ordering a Mustang got me into a Ford dealership for the first time in my 53 years and I did have a gander at their other models and did think about buying a Focus.

I'm sure a few of us thought the same but this business has completely put me off. Fair enough if there are legitimate reasons for delays but just let us know. Very simple.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ordering this car is my first, and probably last 'Made to order' car. And probably new car.

Croyde, the clarity and transparenty hasn't been there from the start, a lot of underinformed people, it would be nice to get some form of specific mailing list that keeps you updated, and that when you ordered you were directly aware of the specific differences between the specs (RHDv LHDv US LHD) (it's not mentioned in many places, and salemen sure as hell will avoid it)

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I am still better informed than any salesperson I have met in this past year. Personally, if I was doing their job, I would get as well informed as possible.

Also annoying was not having a decent brochure to choose the later options from. Having now seen the faded stripes and the ceramic seats in the flesh, I would have ordered them.

All I had to go on was a tiny pic on the configurator which looked like a photocopy. Ceramic almost looked silver and the stripes looked gash.

More annoying as Ceramic was a no cost option.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I am still better informed than any salesperson I have met in this past year. Personally, if I was doing their job, I would get as well informed as possible.

Also annoying was not having a decent brochure to choose the later options from. Having now seen the faded stripes and the ceramic seats in the flesh, I would have ordered them.

All I had to go on was a tiny pic on the configurator which looked like a photocopy. Ceramic almost looked silver and the stripes looked gash.

More annoying as Ceramic was a no cost option.
I agree, when i met with my salesman, I was with my parents, he tried to sell my Rear park sensors and said 'the camera is part of this kit' I had to point him to his own document where it said it was standard, he went read in the face. My parents (who were onyl there to make sure I didn't do anything stupid :shrug:) were getting the sales spiel, until it was my debit card came out to pay for it :headbonk:. The fact of the matter is, we're mustang fanatics and unfortunatley they do have to sell more than just mustangs, so a lot more to remember, but i'd still prefer a more professional approach.

The brochure was sh1te and nothing was clear in it, I was literally informed yesterday (albeit later) that no sequential lighting was on the car, which i'm gutted about, same with the Tri-fins on the front not even working - They're two features when i'm out in the states and see, I love.

I fortunatley got to see the ceramic in the flesh, the car i tes drove in the states was ceramic w/ guard paint job. I was very close to going Ceramic, then the reality of having creme interior hit, and with the colour coordination needed on my car for its post purchase i stuck with flat black. But trust me, the ceramic is really nice in the flesh.

The whole process from whichever side of ford, was bad, and we can only hope that they see this, realise what's gone wrong and fix it for their next released, it's all fun and games having the money from clients, but when those clients end up importing a LHD from the states - of a different muscle car, wait and see how things change, always treat the customers right and don't take them for a ride (Unless it's in their new mustang :mad:)

Rant Over :tsk:

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
They are fools then, as ordering a Mustang got me into a Ford dealership for the first time in my 53 years and I did have a gander at their other models and did think about buying a Focus.

I'm sure a few of us thought the same but this business has completely put me off. Fair enough if there are legitimate reasons for delays but just let us know. Very simple.
Same here (about considering another Ford - not the 53 years bit!). Almost bought a Fiesta ST too. Gone off the idea.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I feel a bit sorry for the sales guys, not overly, just a bit. They had this new, iconic model coming to the UK and were provided with little or no information themselves.

That's OK way back in the mists of time, but over a year in to taking orders, they should at least, take a leaf out of Andy Barratt's book and join a forum and get more informed, or better still, Mr Barratt should inform the dealerships or appoint a minion to cascade the information down.

My guy at the dealers told me on Wednesday that my car was already built!! I asked him what happened to the confirmation of spec thing that's supposed to happen, and if it's built, obviously didn't happen, this was despite the vista screen shot he printed off for me saying the build date was 18th Jan :lol:

I didn't have the heart to correct him, anyway I'm happy with the spec I ever chosen, despite having a bit of a wobble about colour change.

I'm pretty sure things will get better but, I understand the frustration from those early deposit payers and nothing seemingly, being done to diffuse the frustration.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Same here (about considering another Ford - not the 53 years bit!). Almost bought a Fiesta ST too. Gone off the idea.
A lot of Ecoboosts were 'pushed forward' because a fair few people cancelled Mustang EBs and bought Fiesta STs (Now they're realising they have to wait until August 2016 for these fiesta's too....).

It's funny isn't it, CL years back, the Mustang was constnatly advertised, that was fords marketing, every single game of football I watch, i see the new focus being advertised, obviously ford know they've got an issue producing the 'stangs.

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
I feel a bit sorry for the sales guys, not overly, just a bit.
Let's not forget this is one car where they didn't have to worry about discount haggling - just sit back and watch the orders come in. As has been said elsewhere, the one of the most expensive Fords you can buy. And on top of that a different demographic is turning up on their doorstep - new customers who they could sell other products to.

I've met one really well informed switched on sales person from John Grose Ipswich. Too bad I had already ordered from somewhere less efficient or I would have gone with them.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Let's not forget this is one car where they didn't have to worry about discount haggling - just sit back and watch the orders come in. As has been said elsewhere, the one of the most expensive Fords you can buy. And on top of that a different demographic is turning up on their doorstep - new customers who they could sell other products to.

I've met one really well informed switched on sales person from John Grose Ipswich. Too bad I had already ordered from somewhere less efficient or I would have gone with them.
I'd love to see the commission they're taking on these cars, bearing in mind, for 90% of them I doubt they've had to do any selling. I literally walked in, asked for the new cars sales manager and told him I was ordering it. Easiest commission i'm sure all of our sales people have earned - But have they really earned it?

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd love to see the commission they're taking on these cars, bearing in mind, for 90% of them I doubt they've had to do any selling. I literally walked in, asked for the new cars sales manager and told him I was ordering it. Easiest commission i'm sure all of our sales people have earned - But have they really earned it?
Considering they're only making £500 per car (yes, really, the margins are tiny), I don't think they're getting much in the way of commission.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Considering they're only making £500 per car (yes, really, the margins are tiny), I don't think they're getting much in the way of commission.
Depends how ford work, usually it's 'Bonus' on X amount of cars sold or X value of cars sold. It all adds up really if we're dropping 30-40k on a car and they need 100k to meet a sales target for X period.

I'd shoot around the 1-3% on commission, still, if someone walked in and offered you £300 you aint gonna say 'Nah sorry mate not worth it' ;)
Sponsored