Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
You can also keep the reverse camera on while you drive.

[MENTION=28472]Frenchy480[/MENTION]
Did you get your camera work while driving? Also any way to remove the extra yellow lines on the backup camera?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
[MENTION=28472]Frenchy480[/MENTION]
Did you get your camera work while driving? Also any way to remove the extra yellow lines on the backup camera?
Settings, System Set, Show Track the reboot. I believe turns them off.

statix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Statix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have google maps working now! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
#bigballs

Sponsored

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
I was terrified right after I pressed it lol screen went blank for a sec and I had a pucker factor of 10 lol

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was terrified right after I pressed it lol screen went blank for a sec and I had a pucker factor of 10 lol
If I hadn't already been through the Kingroot process, I would have shit myself this morning when the screen scrambled in the middle of rooting. I thought my unit was having issues with WiFi, but it turns out it's my new HotSpot. I tethered to my phone, and it's working like a charm.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I'll be waiting for videos showing people the process of rooting/updating this unit, just so I dont ruin my seats as I crap my pants. Im familiar with updating, rooting and flashing ROMs (I use a oneplus 2 cellphone running lineage OS, bootloader unlocked), but after Patrick's experience, I'm not comfortable just jumping in.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be waiting for videos showing people the process of rooting/updating this unit, just so I dont ruin my seats as I crap my pants. Im familiar with updating, rooting and flashing ROMs (I use a oneplus 2 cellphone running lineage OS, bootloader unlocked), but after Patrick's experience, I'm not comfortable just jumping in.
Don't let what happened to mine sway you. Mine wasn't related to rooting or anything, it was a secluded case.

I just rooted my new unit this morning, using the method on the StangATX.tk website, and it moved right along. If your screen goes scrambled in the Kingroot process, wait 2 mins and reboot, and start the root process again, it picks up where it left off. I had to manually install the SuperSU.apk but that was no big deal.

The only issue I have with this unit is that there is still no answer to recovery mode. I noticed Seicane is selling one just like it for the Focus on their site, if someone has extra cash to loan out, they could order one, ask how to access recovery mode, get the answer, then return it (without ever opening the package.)

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto for me except I've NEVER done anything like this and after reading the forum, I'm even more scared. I'm still not 100% sure of the exact order of things to do to upgrade/update my new system. A step-by-step from beginning to end would would certainly ease my anxiety about the operation.
Sponsored