Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I'll still be in. Once it is set up properly, it seems to be a solid unit. My desire for it is a lot more simple than most : having a more visible RPM gauge for shifting, GPS, and a larger screen for the camera. I'm not really worried about the rest.
Why is he doing 620 shipped for group buy??? I have a message on ebay stating that hell do $600 flat with shipping if I go through PayPal for him. Just for one unit.
Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I have google maps working now! :thumbsup:
How? I have the Local Nav turned off, opened up google maps, rebooted entirely, and it still doesn't show up in the list of apps I can pick from for the Nav button. It never has. Only app that's there is the Boot Screen Changing app, since I uninstalled the chinese nav app.

Same as when I click the Apps button on the top bar. It doesn't show the app store, or anything else but that default boot screen app. I have to go through the file manager every time to get to the rest of the apps I downloaded.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Why is he doing 620 shipped for group buy??? I have a message on ebay stating that hell do $600 flat with shipping if I go through PayPal for him. Just for one unit.
Technically he does 560 without shipping but it's $620 shipped. TBH I don't know why he added 20 more than he charged you. I think he based his price on what he did to Patrick and just give me a BS about $560 and 620 shipped... If I get more people to buy I'll negotiate more with him to lower the price. I think it's because for now I only have 4 people. He asked me 8 but it's still a lot for 8. I might cut off at 5 units...

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How? I have the Local Nav turned off, opened up google maps, rebooted entirely, and it still doesn't show up in the list of apps I can pick from for the Nav button. It never has. Only app that's there is the Boot Screen Changing app, since I uninstalled the chinese nav app.

Same as when I click the Apps button on the top bar. It doesn't show the app store, or anything else but that default boot screen app. I have to go through the file manager every time to get to the rest of the apps I downloaded.
What version are you running on?

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im still interested in any groupby if someone can confirm it works in the GT350 with the 4 inch screen.
I don't know why it wouldn't work.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.1.1 that it came with. Has the english version of the boot screen app, MPH for speed. However the climate is still in C.
So you should be on Feb17 update I guess... to get it F I think it's in the settings. I forgot where [MENTION=17118]ranger11x[/MENTION] sent me a picture over what's app and he was able to modify it. You can try to reflash the Feb17 update it has google play market already in. Maybe it's a glitch... I just worked on a custom firmware for the headunit. I will try it tomorrow whenever I receive my host.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
So you should be on Feb17 update I guess... to get it F I think it's in the settings. I forgot where [MENTION=17118]ranger11x[/MENTION] sent me a picture over what's app and he was able to modify it. You can try to reflash the Feb17 update it has google play market already in. Maybe it's a glitch... I just worked on a custom firmware for the headunit. I will try it tomorrow whenever I receive my host.
May be the Feb update but not sure. It just came this way, I haven't flashed anything on it yet. I'll try to flash the Feb update and see what happens tonight...

I'll take a pic of the About screen tonight as well, for reference.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Wait, what? How come?

Pulling the unit out of your car entirely?
2nd host, stuck in boot loop from testing. I don't have the patience to go another week+ without Handsfree, music, or HVAC.

5.1.1 that it came with. Has the english version of the boot screen app, MPH for speed. However the climate is still in C.
Install Nova Launcher, run it, click on "Factory Set." It's in there under System Set.

Sponsored

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT w/ H-Pipe & Catback

In all honesty, if that is the case, he would have to do 560 shipped because I read in previous post that they won't do refunds through PayPal if it's a group buy.
I am sure this can be verified.

Also, sorry for the erratic previous posts but it's hard to comment when I'm at work.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In all honesty, if that is the case, he would have to do 560 shipped because I read in previous post that they won't do refunds through PayPal if it's a group buy.

Also, sorry for the erratic previous posts but it's hard to comment when I'm at work.
They will do individual unit refunds, minus shipping. I got that clarified.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

He can do a partial refund on Paypal. Trust me, I've done it before. Now, he doesn't have to do nothing if he doesn't want to lol :p I'm doing this group buy to help the late members that missed the previous one. If he gets you a better deal you're welcome to deal with him personally... I'm just here to help. I just need 1 more person to get 5 units ready. I don't think I'll go up to 8 units. Unless there's more demand for it...

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT w/ H-Pipe & Catback
He can do a partial refund on Paypal. Trust me, I've done it before. Now, he doesn't have to do nothing if he doesn't want to lol :p I'm doing this group buy to help the late members that missed the previous one. If he gets you a better deal you're welcome to deal with him personally... I'm just here to help. I just need 1 more person to get 5 units ready. I don't think I'll go up to 8 units. Unless there's more demand for it...

I'm all in if it helps the group. That's my point though, all of us, especially you and Patrick, should be thanked for a group buy. The seller needs to set a solid pricing scale. It sounds as though he's just pricing as he goes.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm all in if it helps the group. That's my point though, all of us, especially you and Patrick, should be thanked for a group buy. The seller needs to set a solid pricing scale. It sounds as though he's just pricing as he goes.
I believe he's pricing based on supply. It's still a VEEY new unit, and this last group buy was the largest order he's ever had.
Sponsored