Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Did you get a new unit or figure out recovery?

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
DAMN! Look how clean that screen is?!?!? :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
DAMN! Look how clean that screen is?!?!? :D
All I've had time to do is change the boot wallpaper, and do the first update. Tonight I'll finish the rest of the updates. My goal is to find out if there is another .apk for the Tachometer that works with the dark theme.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't get to the site I need to at work, so if anyone is bored and wants to go to http://torque-bhp.com/ and see if there is any contact information (preferably email) so I can contact them about making changes to the app for Forced Portrait mode, and seeing if there's a way to use it directly wired to the CANBUS instead of OBD-II

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
I can't get to the site I need to at work, so if anyone is bored and wants to go to http://torque-bhp.com/ and see if there is any contact information (preferably email) so I can contact them about making changes to the app for Forced Portrait mode, and seeing if there's a way to use it directly wired to the CANBUS instead of OBD-II
[email protected]

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
No it was something else. I'll check in the code tonight. I'll let you know.
Any luck with this? I uninstalled a couple of the Chinese apps, including the Chinese gps app, but Google maps doesn't appear at all when selecting a gps app. And tapping the nav button now does nothing.

Also confused a bit on the updates. Mine came with 5.1.1 already with no Chinese letters on the boot screen or anything, and the boot wallpaper changer app was all in English. So is the Feb update still needed?

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any luck with this? I uninstalled a couple of the Chinese apps, including the Chinese gps app, but Google maps doesn't appear at all when selecting a gps app. And tapping the nav button now does nothing.

Also confused a bit on the updates. Mine came with 5.1.1 already with no Chinese letters on the boot screen or anything, and the boot wallpaper changer app was all in English. So is the Feb update still needed?

if yours says 5.1.1 and your Speed shows in MPH, then you don't need the update.

I assume you installed Google Maps from the Play Store, correct? Once it's installed, and you have opened it at least once, restart the unit by turning off the ignition, and opening the door for at least 5 seconds, then start it back up. Click Settings, (it should go to NAV settings by Default) and swipe down in the list and look for Google Maps. If you don't see it, go into System Settings (or Advanced Settings, I'll check later) and look for "Local NAV" and make sure it's OFF then try again.

statix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Statix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry guys. I did not get around to trying the google maps again. Will try Patrick's instruments right after work.

[MENTION=21083]PatrickHenninger[/MENTION] Also, just curious, how did you get the Dark/blue theme running?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry guys. I did not get around to trying the google maps again. Will try Patrick's instruments right after work.

@PatrickHenninger Also, just curious, how did you get the Dark/blue theme running?

I put the instructions in the first post, but in a nutshell:

1. Root.
2. Reboot.
3. Install NOVA Launcher (makes it easier to navigate)
3. Remove Chinese Launcher (XXXXIndex) with RomToolBox Pro or Root uninstaller
4. Reboot.
5. Install updated "S550_Launcher.apk" from StangATX Website.
6. Reboot.

Same process applies for the Bluetooth App (Dail Fix)

*Note- Every "Reboot" must be done by hitting the Start button on the car to kill RUN power, and opening the door and wait for 5 seconds.

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
if yours says 5.1.1 and your Speed shows in MPH, then you don't need the update.

I assume you installed Google Maps from the Play Store, correct? Once it's installed, and you have opened it at least once, restart the unit by turning off the ignition, and opening the door for at least 5 seconds, then start it back up. Click Settings, (it should go to NAV settings by Default) and swipe down in the list and look for Google Maps. If you don't see it, go into System Settings (or Advanced Settings, I'll check later) and look for "Local NAV" and make sure it's OFF then try again.
Thanks Patrick, that seems to have worked for me.
It's in Settings--System Set--Local Nav -to Off.
I'm using Waze as default.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Patrick, that seems to have worked for me.
It's in Settings--System Set--Local Nav -to Off.
I'm using Waze as default.
I knew I wasn't crazy!

well, about the NAV settings at least.
Sponsored