Official: Stock 2018 Mustang GT Goes 12.0 In The 1/4 Mile - LMR.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
It'll go faster. Get that car to Atco or Cecil county and clip off an 11.7-11.8. Also noticed the weight. She's a big girl. My 15 premium only weighed 4010pds. With a 270 pound driver in it. Whats with the manual nitwits commenting in this thread??? You want good drag strip numbers. You get the automatic. You want to tell everyone how cool you are on a forum. You get the manual. Well now I've listened to the manuals guys nonsense. I'm going to head over to Camaro6 and get an even more interesting prospective!
LOL
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Crazy perhaps, but I am right. This engine produces 485hp and 440lbft of torque.
So Ford underated the engine because why? It makes what Ford says it makes. Stuff like this makes everyone on here look bad and gives the trolls ammo. The whole underrated thing is worse than part throttle racing.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
12:1 compression, revised cams, better intake, Voodoo like heads, more timing and direct injection plays a huge role in this.
485hp - 440tq sounds to be more like it when you consider open headers was most likely used. I understand that the tune was stock or stockish.
And all of that doesn't mean they underrated the engine. All of you that think that Ford underrated these engines by 25hp are insane. Just look at their 2015 mustang dyno's....their dynos are EXTREMELY happy.

Much more inline...maybe even a touch low. Regardless, a much more reasonable result.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
And all of that doesn't mean they underrated the engine. All of you that think that Ford underrated these engines by 25hp are insane. Just look at their 2015 mustang dyno's....their dynos are EXTREMELY happy.

Much more inline...maybe even a touch low. Regardless, a much more reasonable result.
Never said it was underrated......open headers will account for the gain.
The over all performance of the car is due to the engine upgrades and the auto.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Never said it was underrated......open headers will account for the gain.
The over all performance of the car is due to the engine upgrades and the auto.
Did they dyno on open headers?

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
So Ford underated the engine because why? It makes what Ford says it makes. Stuff like this makes everyone on here look bad and gives the trolls ammo. The whole underrated thing is worse than part throttle racing.
Manufactures underrate HP all the time. In fact I would say it's the norm. Why? Because actual production HP number will vary, and they don't want to produce cars with less than rated HP. Some manufacturer may advertise the middle of the bell curve, while others may choose to advertise the minimum number that is likely to leave the factory.

So if an engine produces an average of 500HP with a 2% standard deviation (+/-10hp) they may choose to rate the engine 2 standard deviations below that (480) because the odds of letting one out of the factory > 2 sigma below are low. Ideally they would like to get their StdDev down low enough that they could raise advertised numbers without any actual changes to the engine.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You're a big drag racer on this forum correct? What does the 116.9 mph trap speed tell you with your experience? I'm not saying it's making 500 HP, but maaayybbbe 470-480 max.
It says about 450-470 to me? I think the new transmission is not getting enough credit for the Higher trap speed. And I'd bet a weeks pay. That the 10 speed transmission doesn't suffer from the lazy shifts like the current autos. I want to drive one to actually feel the difference.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
It says about 450-470 to me? I think the new transmission is not getting enough credit for the Higher trap speed. And I'd bet a weeks pay. That the 10 speed transmission doesn't suffer from the lazy shifts like the current autos. I want to drive one to actually feel the difference.
Ford did state full power shifts with the auto.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Manufactures underrate HP all the time. In fact I would say it's the norm. Why? Because actual production HP number will vary, and they don't want to produce cars with less than rated HP. Some manufacturer may advertise the middle of the bell curve, while others may choose to advertise the minimum number that is likely to leave the factory.

So if an engine produces an average of 500HP with a 2% standard deviation (+/-10hp) they may choose to rate the engine 2 standard deviations below that (480) because the odds of letting one out of the factory > 2 sigma below are low. Ideally they would like to get their StdDev down low enough that they could raise advertised numbers without any actual changes to the engine.
This is what explains advertised ratings. That, and the lesson Ford learned with the '99 Cobra lawsuit... probably.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
They aren't allowed to underrate cars anymore. Guess that's not common knowledge like I thought.

Id like to know the DA for this pass. That tells volume.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
They changed drivers and ran an 11.69 on bone stock car?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.