Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
"all this yip yappin & jaw flapping, ni**a u scared go to church"

Lol sorry that line seemed appropriate based on all of the arguing back and forth. End of the day, be happy the car is fast cause the Camaro gets an update next year so this could be short lived.

460 hp, 480 hp, 600 hp. All that matters is lap times. 12 flat is amazing. Big question is what it will do at laguna Seca with randy pobst behind the wheel.
Sponsored

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
I don't care how much faster an automatic is than a manual, the day I drive an automatic sports car is the day I have to put my walker in the trunk. Who would ever want to lose that connection between the car and the road with a 6-speed??? To each their own I suppose.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Output is confirmed 485hp and 440lbft at the crank, per AmericanMuscle.com's dyno results.

"CONFIRMED" as if they pulled the engine and put it on an engine dyno. :lol:

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Bullshit plain and simple. AM dyno'd a bama tuned one 2015 GT at 463hp. I really can't believe anyone in here believes these inflated numbers.

Once these get into the hands of non-commercial persons, these will dyno right in line with what Ford claims. You're crazy to think these are underrated by 25HP.
Crazy perhaps, but I am right. This engine produces 485hp and 440lbft of torque.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I don't care how much faster an automatic is than a manual, the day I drive an automatic sports car is the day I have to put my walker in the trunk. Who would ever want to lose that connection between the car and the road with a 6-speed??? To each their own I suppose.
If I end up buying an M2 or used Cayman S, instead of a PP2, I will absolutely take the DCT/PDK option.

They are amazing.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

7500RPM_Ben

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innovativeautodetailing.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 #1312
I will happily pull my walker out of my trunk haha. The A10 is bad fast!

Has anyone found out if the 11.69 run was real?

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
:cheers:
test a manual

Here it is! LMR.com provides the world with the first OFFICIAL 1/4 mile times for the 2018 Mustang. This car is equipped with the Performance Package and 300A package.

ET: 12.02
60’: 1.90
MPH: 117
Car Weight w/ Driver & Fuel: Approx. 4075 lbs

Transmission: 10R80 Auto​

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
I appreciate AM throwing the car on a dyno, results notwithstanding...but I hope they hustle it down the damn track. Those numbers don't lie!

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I appreciate AM throwing the car on a dyno, results notwithstanding...but I hope they hustle it down the damn track. Those numbers don't lie!
I'm sure they will, but I doubt they will post the results unless they can run the quarter as fast or faster than lmr.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
It's not that it lies, it's that you are using a calculator that follows an equation that does not apply to all vehicles. A truck with the same HP/Weight ratio of a mustang is going to trap and ET far slower.

Likewise, an inefficient 3 speed transmission with a non locking converter is going run drastically different times than a state of the art 10 speed auto.

There is far more to the equation than horsepower and weight. It's a good starting point...but far from being exact.

Bullshit plain and simple. AM dyno'd a bama tuned one 2015 GT at 463hp. I really can't believe anyone in here believes these inflated numbers.

Once these get into the hands of non-commercial persons, these will dyno right in line with what Ford claims. You're crazy to think these are underrated by 25HP.

I also think people are going to see the manual transmission 2018GTs running quite a bit slower times...as the A10 is likely responsible for most of the performance increase here.
12:1 compression, revised cams, better intake, Voodoo like heads, more timing and direct injection plays a huge role in this.
485hp - 440tq sounds to be more like it when you consider open headers was most likely used. I understand that the tune was stock or stockish.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It'll go faster. Get that car to Atco or Cecil county and clip off an 11.7-11.8. Also noticed the weight. She's a big girl. My 15 premium only weighed 4010pds. With a 270 pound driver in it. Whats with the manual comments in this thread??? You want good drag strip numbers. You get the automatic. You want to tell everyone how cool you are on a forum. You get the manual. Well now I've listened to the manuals guys nonsense. I'm going to head over to Camaro6 and get an even more interesting prospective!

Last edited:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
^ I love me some paddles! My last stick car was a fun little Celica hatch. 4,000 lbs? Come on Ford.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.