Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

FireDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma / 2012 HD Fatboy Lo
I like the hood with no vents. I wish they wouldn't have made the insets so obvious. Would have been nice to make them part of the hood, while still hiding the vents like in the current.
I was just working on almost the same 'shop, lol. I lowered this one and evened out the upper and lower grills a little bit.
New-Ford-Mustang1.jpg
Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I'm fine with the styling on either generation. The newer gen will grow on me. I do like old school gauges, but I really wish we had a heads up display.
It will be hard to justify taking the depreciation hit on a 15-17 just to get slightly more HP. For that amount of money, you can put a whipple on a 15-17 GT and have WAY more HP if that is your thing. There is absolutely no reason to trade an EB since it will have no real performance gain.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Front Fascia Haters

Ok I will be the first one to admit I did not like it at first but if you look at it in other pictures it does look better. Guys & Gals you can always change it later, aftermarket will be licking their chops at your displeasure and will come out with a design you like. Last time I checked a front fascia does not translate to better 1/4 times - The under the sheet metal stuff does ! And everything else I love - wait till Ford releases their engine HP / Torque numbers then pass judgement.
Until now I give Ford 9 stars out of 10. The rear spoiler I hate but you don't have to order it with one. The digital dash as well. What is important now is you have more options !! As long as I see a Chevy & Dodge in my rear view mirror I am happy. :ford:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I was just working on almost the same 'shop, lol. I lowered this one and evened out the upper and lower grills a little bit.
Bottom Photoshop with more balanced out grill sizes, and more opened up lower grill, looks really good IMO.

Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
I don't like

• the front bottom lip
  • the new hood vents (in fact I really hate them)
  • the lovely hood bumps in the middle removed ><
I like

• Optional active exhaust & quad pipes.

I'm not judging the new HUD until I see it in motion. If it's ever so slightly laggy I'd rather have dials.

I don't care about Magnetic Shocks. I've had them before, and I'm convinced they'll just start leaking on you (iron particulates in oil destroy seals over time) like the ones I had.

I'm not sure on the rear C taillights. Looks like a unnecessary change just because they (the design team) HAD TO change something.

I'm completely neutral on everything else. And before you say I'm just slamming the 2018 because I have an "old" 2017... Would I buy a 2018 if I didn't have a 2017 yet? Yes, of course, instantly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
I wonder if it'll still have line lock and launch control. I don't see why not, but I haven't heard either confirmed.

nosoupforyou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 16 Camaro 2SS
I had to sell my GT350 due to knee surgery I'm going to wait to see if the 2018 GT350 has a A10 option as I will buy that if not then the 18 GT with A10 or ZL1 A10 will be my next car. :cheers:
The only changes to the GT350 for MY18 is exterior colors

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
It would have been nice if they were like the '03/04 Terminator heat extractor hoods -- just a rectangular recessed cut-out with a nice screen/mesh behind it. I don't like the extra plastic surround/insert on this hood.
Agreed. For the hood makers, they'd be smart to make something similar but with what we suggested

Sponsored

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
After looking closer, looks like the middle left is transmission temp (gear symbol), middle center is engine oil temperature (oil can symbol) and middle right is engine temperature (maybe "head temp"?). Based on the symbol, I'd have to say the lower left temp gauge is coolant.
It looks like it may be oil level to me. I think it stands for Low and High. If it was oil temp it should have a C instead of an L and possibly a temperature.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
It looks like it may be oil level to me. I think it stands for Low and High. If it was oil temp it should have a C instead of an L and possibly a temperature.
Middle with the oil can is definitely oil temperature.

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
You shouldn't sell a car for a knee surgery man, you need to have savings for that kind of spending or insurance, obama care something. I am not a financial advisor but I wouldn't bother with a zl1 or even a mustang gt without financial back up. Just my 2 cents.
Oh financially im very secure :thumbsup:
I can no longer drive a manual clutch I had a 2015 Hellcat then picked up a GT350 as I thought it was the best looking mustang when it came out. FCA bought back the HC ( lemon law ) and I sold the GT350 can't operate a clutch anymore. So I was kind of waiting to see if a GT500 comes out but looks like no car for me until 2018 as nothing out there I want right now.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
What were the issues with the Hellcat?
Sponsored