Sponsored

Official: 2015 Mustang to be revealed December 5 in Six Cities Worldwide! [& Teaser]

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
That is one excellent point. It would explain why I couldn't get my pony to reflect tha light that way.
Sponsored

theduke

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
'88 Saleen Conv, '11 Brembo GT, '17 Premium PP
That reflection was not quite fitting with my earlier thought that it was the dash panel. The angle was throwing me off. Being the package tray underneath glass makes way more sense!

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
I've been racking my brain with this one, it does seam the rear deck would be the logical place.

I'm looking at that huge gap below, and can't help but think why they would design it like that, I've never seen a decklid with a gap at the bottom for water, dirt and leaves to collect. Where will the water run off? I'm sure there would be a seal on the inside, but if the seal would fail you would surely get water in there from a hi-pressure car wash. :shrug:

Keeping that crack clean is going to suck.

Maybe it's not part of the car, but a promotional item, like a cigar box. LOL :-)

theduke

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
I've been racking my brain with this one, it does seam the rear deck would be the logical place.

I'm looking at that huge gap below, and can't help but think why they would design it like that, I've never seen a decklid with a gap at the bottom for water, dirt and leaves to collect. Where will the water run off? I'm sure there would be a seal on the inside, but if the seal would fail you would surely get water in there from a hi-pressure car wash. :shrug:

Keeping that crack clean is going to suck.

Maybe it's not part of the car, but a promotional item, like a cigar box. LOL :-)
Gap at the bottom? Current car has that with the trunk open as well. The weatherstrip would be right where that pic gets dark..

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
MPerhaps if we straighten the image we will get a better idea.

Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
Gap at the bottom? Current car has that with the trunk open as well. The weatherstrip would be right where that pic gets dark..
Well, I guess it looks right if the decklid was popped open about a 1/2 inch. I was thinking it was closed, and there was a valley at the bottom.
I'm going to Photoshop it closed.

theduke

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
Ok... the more I look the more this pic plays tricks on me.
BUT, now I think the weatherstrip is actually attached to the decklid and that's what that "ridge" is at the top of the pic. The pic is shot through that tiny opening and the faint horse reflection up top is the underside of the decklid.
That's my final guess before I go insane ;)

Rez

Threads
Reaction score
First-time poster here...hello.

I'm starting to wonder if this may be a photo from inside the trunk looking up at the (open) underside of the decklid/trunk lid. The trim panel screwhead (probably the plastic rivet-style) is in an odd place for an outside panel. If you picture that the lid is actually open, and try to envision closing the lid, it matches up, as does the body line crease in the upper portion. The gasket material (if that's what the rubber is) is folded in such a way as to seal the opening when closed.

This may be a small piece of plastic trim with the attached Mustang, which may not be as big as the photo would imply. It's my guess, and I may be wrong, but it's my guess.

And, it's driving me batshit...

Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I think I'm now convinced it is the decklid. I photoshopped it in a closed position, the original was open slightly, they were really trying to confuse us.
enjoy. :thumbsup:
DECKLID-closed.jpg

Rez

Threads
Reaction score
That may be possible...I'm sticking with the underside of the trunklid.

Hell, i don't know...arrrrgh...

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Ok, I think I'm now convinced it is the decklid. I photoshopped it in a closed position, the original was open slightly, they were really trying to confuse us.
I think what you are mistaking for a gap or opening is actually a Bevel or Lip running across the bottom edge of the Blackout Panel which I also believe to be a little more concave than the current car.

twigstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I believe what people are perceiving as a gap, is really just a dark area in the inside curve of an outward lip at the bottom.

(Darn, I didn't see TampaBear67's post as I was trying to draw an illustration to go along with this, but he is saying exactly what I think the image shows. However, the deck panel appears not to be concave at all, but flat with bevels at top and bottom.)

NeedLotteryToBuyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Protege5 & '09 Mazda3
It's not a gap, it's a trick of the light due to just how deep the concave shape of the plate is. Also, what looks like the backup camera above the badge IS the backup camera, but it's not above the badge. That's a reflection of the lip spoiler, with the camera in it, just like the 2011 Mustang below.

ang-gt-50-convertible-rear-spoiler-mounted-backup-camera-and-brake-light-photo-349872-s-1280x782.jpg
Sponsored