Sponsored

Official: 2015 Mustang to be revealed December 5 in Six Cities Worldwide! [& Teaser]

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Yeah I'm agreeing that the teaser is not the rear tail light panel either. As a designer I feel that having a pony emblem like that just floating on the back panel would be awkward looking. It belongs on the front in the grill.
Sponsored

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Yeah I'm agreeing that the teaser is not the rear tail light panel either. As a designer I feel that having a pony emblem like that just floating on the back panel would be awkward looking. It belongs on the front in the grill.
Yeah, This is so awkward looking. It will never catch on.
Vert Camaro.jpg
ferrari.jpg

Mriley

Nice to see you back Johnny.

I have to disagree with you though. It's form over function. I think we are just all used to seeing it framed in a faux gas cap, but the pony itself is the emblem of the Mustang. I'm not sure why it should be awkward for the extraneous fake part of it to be removed. The Camaro's (ugly) naked bowtie is back there too.

Just a thought but what if they were to change the location of it? If the S550 were to have a sloping rear and the emblem on the trunk deck rather than the rear panel. Looks good on the F Type.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
2012-Jaguar-XKR-coupe-rear-three-quarter.jpg

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

supersnake1204

Threads
Reaction score
I have to agree with Topnotch and Chazcron. This is definitely the rear deck lid in between the tailights. Chazcron made it very obvious with his cutaway and renders. Only 14 days!! Grab the popcorn and enjoy the show, y'all!

crazyfastfreddy

that was some pretty epic tag team effort on page 12.... nice job i think u dudes figured it out and i just saw the homepage post, admin confirms it.

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
I always like the faux gas cap but I'm digging the look on the NFS car. I'm up for a change.

Diesel

Just a thought but what if they were to change the location of it? If the S550 were to have a sloping rear and the emblem on the trunk deck rather than the rear panel. Looks good on the F Type.
No it definitely can't be there. The colors don't match first of all and that would mean there's a black panel on the rear deck regardless of what color the car is which would look terrible. I think the obvious answer is right in front of us which is the decklid.

Sponsored

Harmanfrsf77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
First off, I just want to say that you guys are awesome! I have been reading the forums here for months, as i anxiously await the S550, and i finally just registered here. Chaz, your renders are incredible and I really hope the car looks similar to your renders. I was going to wait to buy the GT350, but if it looks this good, I may just have to buy the GT first because I don't know if I'll have the patience.

Secondly, I think it is definitely the blacked out panel between the tail lights in this picture, and the gap you are seeing and backup camera and all shadows and reflections from the lighting. And, I think Ford did this on purpose to cause discussions just like this and drive up interest (which is working perfectly). Personally, I hope this is rear panel, because I think that would be an awesome look having the running pony mounted there, and also a blacked out rear panel has been a huge aftermarket addition for years that has been very popular (prior to the recent models using it from the factory) so Ford would definitely want to carry that over to the S550.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Welcome Harman from Amarillo Texas! Good to know there are some Texas boys around here

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
For the next teaser, or one of the next, how about part of the rear suspension, showing that it is independent?

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Yeah that's cool everyone likes something different. Not that it can't be done but traditionally there's never been a large Mustang (horsey) emblem on the back and personally as a designer I think it's too much - little garish or over decorated. Not saying there needs to be a faux gas cap.
A pony or a big cat on the rear of these European sports cars is pretty much what they are about. IDK, just looking at what Ford's styling cues and directions have always been this doesn't seem like something they would do on the rear tail panel.
Just my 2 cents

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Yeah that's cool everyone likes something different. Not that it can't be done but traditionally there's never been a large Mustang (horsey) emblem on the back and personally as a designer I think it's too much - little garish or over decorated. Not saying there needs to be a faux gas cap.
A pony or a big cat on the rear of these European sports cars is pretty much what they are about. IDK, just looking at what Ford's styling cues and directions have always been this doesn't seem like something they would do on the rear tail panel.
Just my 2 cents
I love the faux gas cap on my car but if anything a faux gas cap is more "over decorated" than just the pony itself. I personally like the idea of the pony in the rear of the mustang. i am not sure about the black plastic though. If Ford is looking for a modern look in the new mustang then the faux gas cap has to stay with the 2005-2014 models.
Sponsored