OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The short story: I got rear-ended in North Carolina. Lady hit me offset and damaged the driver's quarter panel and bumper. Paid to have it transported up here and they damaged the car while it was on the trailer. The damage total right now is close to a total loss, so I'm waiting to see what happens when the body shop starts pulling stuff apart.

If you post here again around noon, I'll head down. I know I'll forget by the time the weekend rolls around.

Shit man, I wish you the best of luck. :cheers: If you need help pulling your salvageable mods give me a shout.
Sponsored

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Shit man, I wish you the best of luck. :cheers: If you need help pulling your salvageable mods give me a shout.
Thanks! It's been a helluva ride up to this point. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get much off of the car if it does get totaled. It'd be nice to get the air suspension (especially the spare tire well mount) and some other stuff back, but I doubt the body shop will let me make the switch in their lot. I do, however, have a few unused items sitting in the garage that I'm glad I waited on.

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Just playing with my shop's new corner weight scales. Anyone in the area want to put their car on the scales or especially if you have coilovers and want them properly adjusted give us a shout.

17097402_1107562306055577_689969887322464734_o.jpg

Last edited:

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
Did I hear that Autohaus has an Alignment machine that can do lowered cars? Might need that after I finish off some of my suspension components. I also have members looking to get alignments. Although Ptuning's alignment is on point, their price has been costing me an arm and a leg.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Did I hear that Autohaus has an Alignment machine that can do lowered cars? Might need that after I finish off some of my suspension components. I also have members looking to get alignments. Although Ptuning's alignment is on point, their price has been costing me an arm and a leg.

We've had some seriously low cars on our alignment lift including 16_DIB's car as well as various Porsches and others.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Nice. Will definitely want to get my car weighed.

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Nice. Will definitely want to get my car weighed.

What suspension setup do you have? Any interest in coilovers? Right now we are a Fortune Auto vendor and we are working on becoming a KW vendor as well. If you are looking at coilovers give us a shout first and we will look into getting you a deal if we do the install.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Stock PP suspension. I'm still looking at what I want to do with the suspension. Trying to iron out some cam issues before I move on to other ways I can break something...lol.

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm not knocking KW. I've had them on other cars and they're great as long as you never have problems. Their "lifetime" warranty really isn't if they think they can get away with it. There's a story on my end.

If I were considering coilovers I would give the Bilstein PSS10s a hard look.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
What I love about KW is that they have products for nearly every performance car on the market. As a shop we need to be able to offer products for the people who walk through the door not really knowing what they want to do with their car.

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Can anyone recommend a shop in NoVA area to do 1" drop springs, Steeda stop-the-hop package, rear diff insert, and alignment on a stock GTPP with stock wheels? I live in Fairfax.

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
Can anyone recommend a shop in NoVA area to do 1" drop springs, Steeda stop-the-hop package, rear diff insert, and alignment on a stock GTPP with stock wheels? I live in Fairfax.
Yeah, talk to Grimace above. Another great shop is Excessive Motorsports in Manassas. They only work with mustangs so you can trust they know what they're doing.

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
PM sent!

Also just did a full suspension install over the weekend for another forum member. He was very pleased with the BMR spring/Steeda damper setup.
Sponsored